X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    In these parts Culver's stopped giving away ice cream for the men's games when they scored 5, and they never did have it for the women. The official explanation: "Too costly".
    The UW men's team is getting to that point as well. Had a scoop Saturday night courtesy of the rodents. Yum.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Out-muscling the opponent in the physical parts of the game is one thing. Getting away with blatant violations of the rules again and again is another. (And no, "old time hockey" doesn't dismiss that.)

I thought the officiating was fine for the first two periods of game one, but then it went off the rails. Still better than a lot of games we used to see, but still well below what should be the minimum at this level.
      Last edited by WiscDC; 01-24-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        In these parts Culver's stopped giving away ice cream for the men's games when they scored 5, and they never did have it for the women. The official explanation: "Too costly".
        yeah, but don't we get a free McMuffin or sumthin' for a Gopher win?

mmmm...

Comment

BTN has picked up the Wisconsin/Minnesota regular season finale at Ridder. Sunday Feb. 19 @ 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
            BTN has picked up the Wisconsin/Minnesota regular season finale at Ridder. Sunday Feb. 19 @ 3pm.
            Nice to see BTN is making a commitment to showcasing this series both in Madison and Minneapolis.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/1...x?path=whockey

Series preview news/notes/videos vs. Mankato. It will be interesting to see how physical this series will be. Hopefully the players banged up against No Dak are good to go.

Comment

Well, looks like Williams is healthy as she won the end of practice shootout. Hopefully she'll play. No word on Channel or Cece. Mankato plays physical as well, or has in the past, so that's what I'm expecting. The band tweeted out they will be at the games this weekend.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Well, looks like Williams is healthy as she won the end of practice shootout. Hopefully she'll play. No word on Channel or Cece. Mankato plays physical as well, or has in the past, so that's what I'm expecting. The band tweeted out they will be at the games this weekend.
                  I should have known about Williams as I saw that shootout tweet. Happy about the band, but there is seemingly no rhyme or reason when they show. After this weekend, only home games will be UMD and playoff games. Hopefully, the band will run the table.

Comment

I haven't checked the basketball schedules, but the band seems to usually send people when school is in session and the weekend's schedule isn't crowded with the events they're always at.

I also suspect that the Badgers particularly want the band there tonight, as it's a student night, and the band's presense makes a HUGE difference in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      I also suspect that the Badgers particularly want the band there tonight, as it's a student night, and the band's presense makes a HUGE difference in that case.
                      If they are generally designating seats for students, they would be well served to put them down on the north end. It was one or two years ago, they had them down by the south end. Can't remember who they were playing, but there were bored students because the almost all the action was down on the other end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                        If they are generally designating seats for students, they would be well served to put them down on the north end. It was one or two years ago, they had them down by the south end. Can't remember who they were playing, but there were bored students because the almost all the action was down on the other end.
                        That was a Thursday, and the main issue was the ratio of randoms to real fans. (I don't mean that in a smug way.) It was pretty clear that a large percentage of the students who showed up had never seen Badgers hockey before, and the regular fans didn't have enough manpower to get them into it. If you're completely new, even if the game piques your interest, there's a pretty low cap for how engaged you can really be, especially if 80-90% of the people around you are in the same boat as you. The blackout period for UW hockey in students' consciousnesses was well underway at that point.

Tonight's game is sold out anyway, so that situation is a moo point.

"Moo?"
                        "It's like a cow's opinion; it doesn't matter. It's moo."

Comment

There seem to be some tickets moving around on the student ticket exchange group, so hopefully a decent chunk got them online. (I don't know what emails were sent out.) Either way, a band and a good crowd make this completely unlike that Thursday game a couple years ago.

Comment

• Channel out, Rowe in at D. Hopefully nothing serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              . . . "Moo?"
                              "It's like a cow's opinion; it doesn't matter. It's moo."
                              I used to work for a guy that said "mute point". Drove me nuts. Other Bruceisms: separate the wheat from the shaft and vanilla evelope

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                                Channel out, Rowe in at D. Hopefully nothing serious.
                                Channel was at the game. On the bench during warm-ups and then sitting in Section 6 - top row, even with the south goal line - with Katie Harding. She looked fine, she and Katie were laughing and generally enjoying the game. I watched her carefully as she went out at the end of the 2nd period, and there was no 'boot' or limp or anything.

Maybe the flu or some such this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X