Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by pensrule View Post
    2-1 USA loss... Nurse scored a goal for Canada.
    I watched part of the game, ARD tweeted out a link. It kinda sucked, the game started pretty late to see the 3rd period, at least for this old fart.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Shaver and Pankowski and are the 1st line for the US U22 team and Nurse and Clark are on the Canadian U22 1st line.
    Wasn't Presley Norby on the 2015 4 Nations National Team last fall? How does she make that team (the top team) and not this summers U-22 team? She was invited to Lake Placid. Did she have a bad camp? Was she injured? Seems strange to me..

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pensrule View Post
    Wasn't Presley Norby on the 2015 4 Nations National Team last fall? How does she make that team (the top team) and not this summers U-22 team? She was invited to Lake Placid. Did she have a bad camp? Was she injured? Seems strange to me..
    That is interesting. I'm not overly concerned, she is still pretty young to be on the U22 team, meaning there is a lot of talent that is closer to 22 than her.

UW has a commitment from Makenna Webster, a RH F of SSM, she graduates in 2020. She put up 31/30 in 62 games for SSM U16 last year. Interestingly she's listed as being in 8th grade on the SSM roster, the only person listed in that grade on the U16 team. She was 2nd on the team in scoring, leader had 69 pts. Humungo pick-up for Mark Johnson.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUSTPTUkAAjitk.jpg:large

UW has a commitment from Makenna Webster, a RH F of SSM, she graduates in 2020. She put up 31/30 in 62 games for SSM U16 last year. Interestingly she's listed as being in 8th grade on the SSM roster, the only person listed in that grade on the U16 team. She was 2nd on the team in scoring, leader had 69 pts. Humungo pick-up for Mark Johnson.
    Great commit, but man, the '20-'21 season is a long way away. Assuming no redshirts, she won't play with anyone on the current Badger roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Great commit, but man, the '20-'21 season is a long way away. Assuming no redshirts, she won't play with anyone on the current Badger roster.
    It was only a matter of time before an Incoming freshman committed, though since she played high school hockey last year I guess she isn't really considered an 8th grader. Happens even earlier in other sports- specifically boys lacrosse: last June the first verbal commitment from the class of 2019 (recent 8th grade graduate) was made to Virginia. At the time that was the earliest verbal commitment ever in boys lacrosse. By the same date in June, 2016 there were 9 verbal commitments from incoming freshmen, class of 2020. Unitl the NCAA decides to regulate it the early commitments will continue, in every sport. Personally, if UW offered my daughter a spot in 8th grade, she'd be over the moon so I don't blame anyone for accepting the offer! Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Best of luck to her!

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

I've updated the recruiting spreadsheet. I apologize for the delay as I wasn't subscribed to the thread.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=645067474

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I've updated the recruiting spreadsheet. I apologize for the delay as I wasn't subscribed to the thread.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=645067474
    Awesome, thanks for the linky....The last column heading should be 20-21. Chayla Edwards just committed for 19-20, she's a D (not listed on Elite Prospects site for what that is worth). Chayla has a younger sister, could be a Pittsburgh pipeline starting. Claudia Kepler has transfered to WI from OSU, will sit out this year and be a Sr. next year. I haven't seen anything official on this, but Nurse and Wellhausen liked one of her tweets, so seems to be true . They have not liked anything by her in the past.

Sad Panda

Awesome, thanks for the linky....The last column heading should be 20-21. Chayla Edwards just committed for 19-20, she's a D (not listed on Elite Prospects site for what that is worth). Chayla has a younger sister, could be a Pittsburgh pipeline starting. Claudia Kepler has transfered to WI from OSU, will sit out this year and be a Sr. next year. I haven't seen anything official on this, but Nurse and Wellhausen liked one of her tweets, so seems to be true . They have not liked anything by her in the past.
    I've made some adjustments. That's what I get for trying to fix it quickly. I see that Claudia is following a ton of Badger players on twitter, so that seems likely, but I'll hold off on an official announcement.

Claudia has been skating with the girls on campus all summer. It's official.

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyThumper View Post
    Claudia has been skating with the girls on campus all summer. It's official.
    Odd that OSU hasn't removed her from their site, but I'll put her down for next year.

Sophie Shirley can be added to the forwards for 2017-2018. u18 Canadian team player committed to Badgers.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by WH Fan View Post
    Sophie Shirley can be added to the forwards for 2017-2018. u18 Canadian team player committed to Badgers.
    Hot butter! MJ is on fire right now! Looks like Clark and Nurse were doing a little recruiting on UW's behalf. That gives UW 15 forwards for next year and only 11 for this year. Seems like he's protecting himself from losing players to the Olympics.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 08-22-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by WH Fan View Post
    And added. I jumped into a hornet's nest when I jumped into this thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy a View Post
    hot butter! Mj is on fire right now! Looks like clark and nurse were doing a little recruiting on uw's behalf. That gives uw 15 forwards for next year and only 11 for this year. Seems like he's protecting himself from losing players to the olympics.
    stashing!!!!

The Shirley thing is about four months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceburg View Post
    The Shirley thing is about four months old.
    Wow, they're getting younger and younger, eh?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Welcome to the party.......and it looks like Maddie Rolfes got granted a medical redshirt last year and is only a sophomore this year.

Let's go RED!

Thanks for doing the chart!

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    stashing!!!!
    He doesn't have 26 forwards on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Welcome to the party.......and it looks like Maddie Rolfes got granted a medical redshirt last year and is only a sophomore this year.
    Outstanding!

Following the recruiting is so much fun. It really makes the hockey off season not quite so boring.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 08-22-2016 at 09:59 PM.

He doesn't have 26 forwards on the roster.
    A) YET!

2) Neither does anyone else

iii) Consistency is a virtue

That alumni band guy

So the team put out a tweet today promoting ticket sales.

https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...12388252352512

The tweet has a link to the Badger ticket office. But if you use it on a mobile device, you get the lovely message...

There are no events or items on sale at this time
    Gotta love mixed messages.
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 08-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Thread Information