X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Pens4 View Post
    Nice language to a 19 year old lady...you might want to reel it in a little.
    Her actions clearly were of that caliber.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

https://***********/Chips_Corner/sta...56368291414017

Comment

That sign in the corner is against LaBahn rules, off with your head, or whoever put it there!

Of course no asking MJ about the injuries at the press conference.

Comment

I don't think anyone needs to reel anything in when discussing Kolstad or Dahlquist. Their actions & the mouth on the latter make them fair game for any language. The coaches should shoulder the blame though. They allow it & coach it...so what the heck...they are just doing what they are told to do.
          Fun team to play! How does that team lose to Lindenwood & Syracuse? Simple...they have some refs that can control the game!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
            I don't think anyone needs to reel anything in when discussing Kolstad or Dahlquist. Their actions & the mouth on the latter make them fair game for any language. The coaches should shoulder the blame though. They allow it & coach it...so what the heck...they are just doing what they are told to do.
            Fun team to play! How does that team lose to Lindenwood & Syracuse? Simple...they have some refs that can control the game!
            The sue would have played more than 50% of the game shorthanded if the ref's called everything, which they always should. It's just nuts what these 2 refs let go. For the record UW got away with some stuff too. The more physical the sue played UW got chippy as well. Pankowski, Clark and Roque can be a little chippy once and awhile.
            Last edited by Timothy A; 01-24-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              The sue would have played more than 50% of the game shorthanded if the ref's called everything, which they always should. It's just nuts what these 2 refs let go.
              Wisconsin averages 3.84 penalties per game. North Dakota averages 4.26 penalties per game. Both team's most penalized player averages about 1 penalty minute per game.

So I can completely understand why one team is full of goons, but the other team is only a "little chippy once in a while."

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                Wisconsin averages 3.84 penalties per game. North Dakota averages 4.26 penalties per game. Both team's most penalized player averages about 1 penalty minute per game.

So I can completely understand why one team is full of goons, but the other team is only a "little chippy once in a while."
                Refs, once they have started calling penalties, tend to keep calling penalties. That is, a 'low penalty' game tends to remain so, while a 'high-penalty' game tends to get more and more penalty laden. So instead of just looking at penalty totals, I'd be inclined to want to look at other factors and how they affected the number of penalties; quality of opponent, particular reffing pair, home/away, etc etc.

As a simple starting point, Wisconsin has taken one fewer penalty than their opponents (and that one more happens to have been the only major called in any Badger game this year), while UND has taken 24 more penalties than their opponents (with their opponents having taken zero majors, while UND has taken two). 23 of those 24 'additional' penalties for UND have come in conference games.

EDIT:
                Expanding on that a bit: In conference games this season, Wisconsin has taken one more penalty than their opponents, Minnesota one fewer, Duluth five fewer, Ohio State one fewer, Bemidji 17 (!?!) fewer, St Cloud and Mankato are dead even. And North Dakota has taken 23 more penalties than their opponents.

(yes, I looked at the two UND vs Bemidji games to see if there was something unusual there. Nope, UND was 'plus two' in each game.)
                Last edited by robertearle; 01-24-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

There's a difference between an interference or a trip and an elbow to the head or using your stick as if it's an axe. Stats don't nearly tell the tale. The "little chippy" is a shove or an in your face meeting post whistle. Wisconsin players don't play the way the sue play, no one does other than maybe Kato, or the dawgs under Ms Miller. The refs and the league should not allow any of this crap and it would not be an issue.

Comment

It's a notable strategy to play a faster team more physically for the purpose of slowing down the play.

Were the refs great in the series? Far from it, but it wasn't an easy series to officiate either. The crowd at LaBahn can certainly be intimidating, but if a home crowd dictated officiating, I don't think a visiting team would ever receive a power play. So the crowd's reaction is anything but a moot point.

From my opinion there wasn't any malicious contact, from either team, over the weekend. The elbow was a non-call at first, they debated and gave it a minor. The play that resulted in Williams going down was a non-call and after a long debate, stayed a non-call.

Just because a team played stronger and more physically that yours doesn't automatically make them "goons." It's also interesting to note that when ever a UND player was knocked down in the game, she got back up to her feet more quickly, as compared to Badger players, who more often than not, tended to try to sell sympathy to the refs. Wouldn't surprise me if former punter Brad Nortman (e.g. 2011 Big Ten title game) became a coach for the Badger women. I can't recall ever seeing Duggan or Knight getting knocked down and complaining to the refs, they got back up on their feet and wanted to compete. The younger players could learn from that and try to play with more grit.

Badgers are a great team, no taking that away. Just stop complaining that you got out-muscled and couldn't get your free Culver's.

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post

Wouldn't surprise me if former punter Brad Nortman (e.g. 2011 Big Ten title game) became a coach for the Badger women. ... Just stop complaining that you got out-muscled and couldn't get your free Culver's.
                      (Brad Nortman has been punting in the NFL every year since he finished college. And Culver's hasn't had a "five goal free-for-all" at women's game for four or so years now. Men's game, yes, but not at the women's games.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        (And Culver's hasn't had a "five goal free-for-all" at women's game for four or so years now. Men's game, yes, but not at the women's games.)
                        For what it's worth, several Culver's locations will honor the five goal promotion for the women's team. Todd Drive is my go-to after games as it's on my way home, but I've heard others to it too. It's just something that they don't promote anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Stats don't nearly tell the tale.
                          Wait, I was agreeing with you. North Dakota averages about 25 seconds more in penalty minutes per game this year, and had about seven seconds more in penalty minutes last year. Believe what you see - they are total hacks!!

Comment

Wait, I was agreeing with you. North Dakota averages about 25 seconds more in penalty minutes per game this year, and had about seven seconds more in penalty minutes last year. Believe what you see - they are total hacks!!
                            Again, In conference games this season, Wisconsin has taken one more penalty than their opponents, Minnesota one fewer, Duluth five fewer, Ohio State one fewer, Bemidji 17 (!?!) fewer, St Cloud and Mankato are dead even.

And North Dakota has taken 23 more penalties than their opponents.

(Last year UND took 11 more than their conference opponents; in 2015, 32 more; in 2014, 20 more; in 2013, 22 more... and on, and on...)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              And Culver's hasn't had a "five goal free-for-all" at women's game for four or so years now. Men's game, yes, but not at the women's games.)
                              In these parts Culver's stopped giving away ice cream for the men's games when they scored 5, and they never did have it for the women. The official explanation: "Too costly".
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                                For what it's worth, several Culver's locations will honor the five goal promotion for the women's team. Todd Drive is my go-to after games as it's on my way home, but I've heard others to it too. It's just something that they don't promote anymore.
                                I did not believe this until wiscdc goaded me into trying it and by golly we all got some free frozen goodness. I got mine off the Beltline at the Culvers with all the blue lit up trees on the north side of the road. Not my usual Culver's, usually we do Easttowne (don't know if they do it anymore or not for the women), but had to drop someone off on Old Sauk and the Culvers on Gammon was closed already @ 10pm.

I did not see UW players getting up slow trying to draw penalties. Channel and Williams could barely get off the ice. I saw them fighting through interference and slashes that was not being called. If a ref lets the home team intimidate them into calling penalties or not calling penalties they should be fired. They are simply indecisive and incompetent. And yes they were getting it good from the crowd. MJ even acknowledged in his weekly presser the refs sucked and he usually says a lot of nothing at the presser. MJ even had a beef with the Linesmen from Saturday's game, he was basically chewing them out during warm-ups on Sunday. That was the worst ref'ed series at LaBahn in probably 2 years.

Mankato has a goony history and they are next. They knocked ARD out for weeks with a cheap shot in Mankato.

Comment

Working...
                                X