X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/1...o-madison.aspx

Series preview news and notes. Still not used to the Fighting Hawks. Big series and North Dakota has always come into Madison and played tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/1...o-madison.aspx

Series preview news and notes. Still not used to the Fighting Hawks. Big series and North Dakota has always come into Madison and played tough.
      Don't bother get used to calling them the "right" name, go with sue. Less keystrokes and more accurate.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well, the game today wasn't as close as the score or stats indicate. The sue got a bunch of pp's in the 3rd that skewed the 3rd period shots. There was also a lot of 4 on 4 that wrecked the flow. 5 on 5 UW was superior, though I will say that the sue's performance was the best I've against UW so far this year, less the Friday rodent performance and one of the Clarkson games. It will be interesting to see tomorrow how well the Sue will play and it UW can ramp it up a bit. Both the sue goals were on very in tight plays where the UW D did not play the body/stick well at all.

Somewhat alarming that in the 3rd period, ARD kinda went down funny and got up very gingerly. Also alarming is Cece didn't suit up today at all. She was on the bench in street clothes during warmups and maybe looked a little gimpy walking back to the locker-room after warm-ups. I'm going to be a nervous wreck on this goaltending deal until the season ends.

The refs sucked, the game got cheap and they missed some blatant calls. Mark Johnson blew his top in the 3rd period. A Badger got crushed at center ice, no call, then some crap call went against UW. Roth needs to stop constantly explaining everything to the coaches. He just won't shut up. The other dude didn't say a thing. I clearly recall Roth and Ms. Miller spending hours chatting at whistles. Roth is terrible.

Comment

Per Todd D., Cece has an upper body injury. Might be code for concussion.

Comment

A costly win....Channel gets clocked by a sue goon, took forever to get off the ice, gave it a go later on, but couldn't. Maddy Rowe stepped into the D rotation and was not noticeable in a good way. Then later on, Williams took a spill on the boards with a goon all over her and it looks like a lower leg injury, she could not put any weight on it at all. It would be bad for the stretch run to be without a top pair D and a 3rd pair D. Rowe will need to grow up fast. She doesn't play a whole lot with all the other D healthy.

It was nice to see Mauermann get some shifts with Clark and Pankowski. She may be the fastest player on the team.

The sue played goony all weekend, not a pleasure watching them at all. Roth and Capocasa are AWEFUL. Mystery calls and obvious non-calls. They were a slashing away and no calls. The crowd was ready to get 2 ropes.

From an objective viewpoint, the sue have enough speed to effectively defend just about any team. They are a speedier version of St. Cloud. I have no idea how they could lose to Syracuse and Lindenwood.

Not sure I'm a fan of the umbrella powerplay, but I was glad to see them try something new. With only 1 D in the middle at the blueline it makes clearing along the boards pretty easy for the PK.

Comment

On the Channel hit, it was an elbow to the head. Neither ref raised on arm on the play and the crowd as I said was looking for ropes. After a lengthy discussion Capocasa gives the elbowing sign and then they issue the penalty. The question I have is if you don't signal a penalty during the play, is it legit to call a penalty after the whistle?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                On the Channel hit, it was an elbow to the head. Neither ref raised on arm on the play and the crowd as I said was looking for ropes. After a lengthy discussion Capocasa gives the elbowing sign and then they issue the penalty. The question I have is if you don't signal a penalty during the play, is it legit to call a penalty after the whistle?
                It is my understanding that a linesman can 'report' a penalty to a ref; and that the kind of situation(s) Sunday - the Ryan hit, and I thought was also coming, with the Laurel Williams hit - a stoppage of play just at that point in time is when they can do so. I assume that's what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  It is my understanding that a linesman can 'report' a penalty to a ref; and that the kind of situation(s) Sunday - the Ryan hit, and I thought was also coming, with the Laurel Williams hit - a stoppage of play just at that point in time is when they can do so. I assume that's what happened.
                  The AR could do it immediately, but that day is long gone. Hopefully the WCHA takes a look at the replay. A game in the stands is possible (probable?)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    On the Channel hit, it was an elbow to the head.
                    That was Rebekah Kolstad again. She deliberately raised her right arm and then delivered an elbow and forearm to Channels' upper chest/lower head area.

She had four penalties in the game. Another one that I saw was in the third period.. Kolstad and Pankowski ran into each other (lightly), and Kolstad followed up with a punch to Pankowski's head with her left. She knocked Pankowski down. Pankowski is not a light weight.

Maybe Kolstad could get one game for the hit on Channel and one game for the hit on Pankowski.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      That was Rebekah Kolstad again. She deliberately raised her right arm and then delivered an elbow and forearm to Channels' upper chest/lower head area.

She had four penalties in the game. Another one that I saw was in the third period.. Kolstad and Pankowski ran into each other (lightly), and Kolstad followed up with a punch to Pankowski's head with her left. She knocked Pankowski down. Pankowski is not a light weight.

Maybe Kolstad could get one game for the hit on Channel and one game for the hit on Pankowski.
                      I didn't know she was the one who popped Pankowski. What a Beotch.

Comment

Nice - Annie does her share of behind the scenes stick work but a punch to the head is not acceptable. Is their a history between the two? Sounds strange that a punch would be thrown if the hit was light?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          . . . Hopefully the WCHA takes a look at the replay. A game in the stands is possible (probable?)
                          Don't hold your breath on the WCHA taking any action. Over the last few years I have seen several particularly ugly incidents out of UND (and a couple from a pair of now gone Buckeyes) that I thought might get the WCHA's attention & nothing. A couple years ago I emailed Shepard after LaShomb intentionally injured a ref which was totally out of line and she got nothing. If they don't care about the safety of their officials why would they care about the players?

Comment

• I thought Hakstol went the NHL Flyers, not the UND women's team.

Comment

Mark Johnson answered a question about players 'going over the line' at his weekly press conf today. He said there were maybe two or three times it happened on Saturday, and then another one or two on Sunday. And that it is the responsibility of the coaches and the refs to try to keep it from happening, and to take action when it does to prevent it from happening again in the future, etc.

About halfway through; three minutes or so in:
                              https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...82565563437057

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I didn't know she was the one who popped Pankowski. What a Beotch.
                                Nice language to a 19 year old lady...you might want to reel it in a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X