X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    I have been a fan of the Clarkson women's team since the program went Div I in 2004 and have been a fan of the men's program since I went to school there in 1972. I give a small amount of money directly to both the men's and women's programs and have gotten to meet and talk to the women's coach a couple of times. Coach Desrosiers is one great person as well as a coach. As far as fan interaction, the women for 2 years now have taken the time to send hand written personal notes thru the athletic dept to the fans (me ) thanking us for supporting the program. Now that is promoting the team and having some fan interaction. A nice touch.
    The Gopher women do the same thing and given the schedule of a student athlete I appreciate it very much. We have sent a thank-you card to the team for 6-7 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      The Gopher women do the same thing and given the schedule of a student athlete I appreciate it very much. We have sent a thank-you card to the team for 6-7 years now.
      Wow, WI is way behind the times.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Very nice touch indeed. That's the beauty of a smaller school like that, though the UW women's program is a small program at a massive institution. It would be a nice touch for UW to do a private meet and greet with season ticket holders for autographs and pics at the start or end of the season. Maybe even a little catered lunch or dinner with a few speakers and the team. Just a thank you for our loyal support. I wonder how many season ticket holders there are for the program.
        Though they might not send out thank you cards to everyone, the UW Women's Hockey team is pretty accessible to fans and does a ton in the community. I saw some pics on twitter of the annual outdoor skate. It looked like they were all there (along with hundreds of fans) despite a very, very serious carbon monoxide scare a day before at Lindenwood. That event could have easily been cancelled considering the circumstances but, it wasn't. They are always accommodating to fans after every game to sign autographs as well. Many, many, of the players do regular volunteer work at various locations and visit children at the hospitals and the elderly at retirement homes too from what I've seen on their twitter page. I think it may be a little much to expect them to hold a meet and greet for the fans too! Badger Womens Hockey fans have it pretty good with how low the ticket prices are and how easy it is to interact with the team at many functions! We should really be enjoying this season and this special group of players instead of nitpicking about what they DON'T give us! They are 20-2-1 and clearly the best, most exciting team in college hockey. It's a privilege to watch them play.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
          Though they might not send out thank you cards to everyone, the UW Women's Hockey team is pretty accessible to fans and does a ton in the community. I saw some pics on twitter of the annual outdoor skate. It looked like they were all there (along with hundreds of fans) despite a very, very serious carbon monoxide scare a day before at Lindenwood. That event could have easily been cancelled considering the circumstances but, it wasn't. They are always accommodating to fans after every game to sign autographs as well. Many, many, of the players do regular volunteer work at various locations and visit children at the hospitals and the elderly at retirement homes too from what I've seen on their twitter page. I think it may be a little much to expect them to hold a meet and greet for the fans too! Badger Womens Hockey fans have it pretty good with how low the ticket prices are and how easy it is to interact with the team at many functions! We should really be enjoying this season and this special group of players instead of nitpicking about what they DON'T give us! They are 20-2-1 and clearly the best, most exciting team in college hockey. It's a privilege to watch them play.
          I have no complaints about what the players do or give to the community. They are gems. I think the Athletic Dept could do a thing or 2 to show the season ticket holders that they appreciate us.

Comment

Just saw the tweet that they did move Sunday's game to noon instead of 2:00. Good for everyone all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              Just saw the tweet that they did move Sunday's game to noon instead of 2:00. Good for everyone all around.
              Woohoo! I had an overlapping commitment that afternoon, and now that's dealt with! (Nothing to do with the Packers)

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                I never dreamed they'd actually change time of the game for the Packers. I am impressed.

Comment

I never dreamed they'd actually change time of the game for the Packers. I am impressed.
                  Just imagine how impressed you'd be if the they changed the time of the Packers game to accommodate the Badgers!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Just imagine how impressed you'd be if the they changed the time of the Packers game to accommodate the Badgers!
                    That's what should have happened, hockey is the priority over football in any and call cases, but I suspect Fox probably would kill the deal. Plus neither GB or ATL are hockey towns either. I'm sure the Vikes would have accommodated a UM/Sue tilt.

Comment

Is it possible for a Packer fan to get drunk enough before the game in that small window? Couldn't the move the game up till 8AM?

Comment

Is it possible for a Packer fan to get drunk enough before the game in that small window? Couldn't the move the game up till 8AM?
                        Why would a packer fan want to get drunk prior to the game? We actually make the post-season and win unlike the other 3 dormats in the NFC North.

I am really looking forward to the Sue series. They are so bipolar, UW could minnesota them one night and maybe lose the next. I'm a little bummed the weather is going to be so awesome this weekend, I'd love to be working in the garage or taking down Christmas lights, but hockey duty calls.

Comment

Why would a packer fan want to get drunk prior to the game? We actually make the post-season and win unlike the other 3 dormats in the NFC North.

I am really looking forward to the Sue series. They are so bipolar, UW could minnesota them one night and maybe lose the next. I'm a little bummed the weather is going to be so awesome this weekend, I'd love to be working in the garage or taking down Christmas lights, but hockey duty calls.
                          The weather is going to be...awesome? ಠ_ಠ It's only getting worse! These have not been great days for hockey.

Comment

Cheeseheads don't need a football game for an excuse to get drunk

what's this about doormat?
                            choke on the big one, yes

I'm vexed, do I want the Falcons to lose for quid pro quo 1998 NFC championship game?
                            or will it bring further satisfaction to watch dejected Packer fans all next week, and many all summer?
                            hmmmm, tough choice
                            I guess the Packers did me a favor by beating the cowgirls, so I'll have to cheer for the Packers, grudgingly

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Why would a packer fan want to get drunk prior to the game?
                              I was unaware Packer fans could watch a game any other way. My dads cousin played for them in the 50s and I know it was the only way the team played at the time.

Comment

Why would a packer fan want to get drunk prior to the game?
                                I was unaware Packer fans could watch a game any other way. My dads cousin played for them in the 50s and I know it was the only way the team played at the time.
                                In Wisconsin there is no beer, that's why we drink it here!

(Or am I confusing it with some other place?)

Comment

Working...
                                X