X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    http://www.uwbadgers.com/documents/2...k.pdf?id=20110

Pretty reasonable parking rates considering the expected crowd size. I expect the lot just to the south of the tracks will be charging $10 as they are a private lot.
    I can live with $5. If you get there early enough, you might be able to dodge paying altogether. Friday night I got to the Depot lot 75 minutes before the game and the money grabbers weren't there yet.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I know some people who would regularly park for free in the lot just south of the train tracks and just east of East Campus Mall for men's hockey games. I know the lot between the bike path, the tracks, and Mills St (south of Dayton St and north of Spring St) has been free for men's games.

Comment

It sure looks like there will be a great crowd on Saturday for Fill the Bowl. Thank goodness none of the players seem to be suffering any of the effects from the carbon monoxide poisoning at Lindenwood. Saw on twitter that the team had there annual outdoor skate and it looked like the whole team was there. I didn't have a chance to see or follow the game last Friday as we were returning from our Florida trip! How did the team look?

Comment

The move to reserved seats was done to ensure that they can actually sell out the Kohl Center and try to set new records. When it's general admission, they cannot sell as many tickets are there are seats because people leave open seats everywhere and the Badgers can't admit fans only to have them wandering around looking for seats. It reflects poorly on them, so they sell less tickets than capacity to make for a better fan experience. Since they want to raise the attendance from the last time around, they have to do reserved seats and try to sell them all.
          It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I recall the first fill the bowl's were general admission.
            I believe this is the first time the entire arena is reserved seating. The last time, I'm pretty sure just the 100 level was reserved, and the upper levels were all GA. It makes sense that everything is reserved if they are expecting to break the record, and come close to filling the arena. I also remember a lot of open seats in the reserved 100 level last time too, however.

I do remember in a pre-LeBahn FtB that was GA that there actually was a large student section, even if it was unofficial, in a game vs. MN, but they sat in the usual (mens) side, even though the women were skating the opposite direction. I wish I had remembered they now go the other way, as my seats are in the 200 level of a corner where SCSU will be shooting twice.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
              The move to reserved seats was done to ensure that they can actually sell out the Kohl Center and try to set new records. When it's general admission, they cannot sell as many tickets are there are seats because people leave open seats everywhere and the Badgers can't admit fans only to have them wandering around looking for seats. It reflects poorly on them, so they sell less tickets than capacity to make for a better fan experience. Since they want to raise the attendance from the last time around, they have to do reserved seats and try to sell them all.
              I get why they are doing it. They should have somehow afforded the season ticket holders the ability to either vacate their assigned seats so they could buy a grouping of seats elsewhere that fits their group size or allowed for them to put in how many seats they wanted at the time of the seat location assignment. I think they also could have better communicated the reserved seating concept for this event to ticket buyers sooner than in tweets last week. They also should have allowed the season ticket holders the ability to choose where they wanted to sit. I will communicate all of this to the ticket office.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 01-12-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I get why they are doing it. They should have somehow afforded the season ticket holders the ability to either vacate their assigned seats so they could buy a grouping of seats elsewhere that fits their group size or allowed for them to put in how many seats they wanted at the time of the seat location assignment. I think they also could have better communicated the reserved seating concept for this event to ticket buyers sooner than in tweets last week. They also should have allowed the season ticket holders the ability to choose where they wanted to sit. I will communicate all of this to the ticket office.
                Just read on the UW website in the article Andy Baggot wrote that ARD will be playing this weekend vs. St. Cloud. That will be huge to have her back earlier than expected!

Comment

I wish the Fill-the-Bowl tickets for season ticket holders weren't automatically assigned. I now have an extra single ticket that I was never going to use, opting instead to get another ticket with a group. (And then I have an extra ticket from that, because I realized I won't be able to go...oops. )

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    I wish the Fill-the-Bowl tickets for season ticket holders weren't automatically assigned. I now have an extra single ticket that I was never going to use, opting instead to get another ticket with a group. (And then I have an extra ticket from that, because I realized I won't be able to go...oops. )
                    Plus, you're out two dollars!
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                      Just read on the UW website in the article Andy Baggot wrote that ARD will be playing this weekend vs. St. Cloud. That will be huge to have her back earlier than expected!
                      ARD....fantastic news, but I wouldn't rush her back if I were MJ. I'm pretty confident UW can sweep St. Cloud with Cece in net.

St. Cloud is coming off an impressive weekend beating and tieing Colgate. St. Cloud usually plays on the big rink, they may have a little tactical advantage having more experience on the big sheet for Saturday. I distinctly recall the last fill the bowl UW looked totally out of sorts on the big sheet of ice. Of course their opponent probably contributed to that.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        Plus, you're out two dollars!
                        Which you can (unofficially) make back in the form of frozen dairy dessert if they score five!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Which you can (unofficially) make back in the form of frozen dairy dessert if they score five!
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

ARD....fantastic news, but I wouldn't rush her back if I were MJ. I'm pretty confident UW can sweep St. Cloud with Cece in net.
                            Wi State Journal's Todd Milewski tweets that Friday's starter is TBD, but that ARD will be the Saturday starter. "per mark Johnson". So maybe the Saturday start is to give the senior the experience of the KC and the big crowd? Maybe ARD gets the start, but doesn't play the whole game, etc.

Comment

A guy can't complain when UW can "Minnesota" a team like they did last night. LOL

I was surprised to see Rolfes and Gardiner get the start on D, and they didn't play that well together. I don't think Rolfes has been the same player since coming back from her injury that she was before it. ARD looked as good as ever, shocking to see her play after that awful looking injury.

It's funny how in games one of the top 2 lines can be so dominant and the other kind of invisible, then in another game they are flipped. Last night the McKibbon line was kind of invisible, while the Clark line was enfuego. Shaver seemed to have the puck on her stick a lot, and boy do I love Mauermann, she is so disruptive. She has a lot of Clark in her. Next year she's going to score a ton. It was nice to see MJ have her center the 4th line on a few occasions. Rowe got some PT on D, which was good to see.

It was unfortunate that the St. Cloud player got knocked out last night by a check from Clark along where the benches meet (it was called). I did not see the play, but I saw her laying on the ice right in front of me and she was out cold. Then she seemed to be hyperventilating as she came to. It was a little scary. Hopefully she's ok.

I thought the ref's could have done a better job calling penalties, they let a lot of St. Cloud interference go, UW had 2 blatant trips they did that were not called. I don't recall seeing Diebold call a UW game before.

Comment

The Kohl is SOLD OUT for tonight's game!

And by the way, we stopped at the easttown Culvers, I have the guy our tickets and we all got a free scoop of frozen custard.

Comment

Working...
                                X