X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    In case anyone hasn't seen it... and, yeah, it looks plenty bad to me.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/810247779025096705
    is this a reinjury to the same area from the MSU-M incident?

it's nice for the players to get "advanced training" to make them better, and tough for both the player and coach to turn it down, you know Canada and USA are going to be going after each other hard in a meaningless game, that's fine for the ones out of college, but a lot of risk for the college players

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      is this a reinjury to the same area from the MSU-M incident?
      I do believe she was concussed. It was an "upper body injury".
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        In case anyone hasn't seen it... and, yeah, it looks plenty bad to me.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/810247779025096705
        I didn't see what happened at first, but having torn both ACL's, an MCL, and plenty of meniscus, the replays brought back some bad memories. I hope for ARD and Wisconsin that it is a minor "tweak", and that she recovers during the break.
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          I didn't see what happened at first, but having torn both ACL's, an MCL, and plenty of meniscus, the replays brought back some bad memories. I hope for ARD and Wisconsin that it is a minor "tweak", and that she recovers during the break.
          We were traveling over the weekend so I haven't seen the video of the Desbien injury. Really too bad if it is serious. Especially for a meaningless game.

Comment

ARD tweeted out a mannequin challenge the whole team did in uniform and she is in it with full gear. Question is whether or not they did this pre or post Saturday game. There's no way if she blew her knee out they'd put her in full gear and pose her in this.

Wisconsin Hockey: grasping for information.

Comment

I was really excited going into Saturday's game with all the Badgers represented and the novelty of Desbiens vs Rigsby. That went right out the door when Desbiens went down and helped off the ice. It looked like the textbook reaction to a significant knee injury. I have complained about college players playing in these in-season exhibitions for years, but this is the first time I can remember it directly affecting Wisconsin. Guess they have been lucky up to now.

Not surprisingly, it's been information radio silence from the team. I would think something will come out prior to the next series, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                I was really excited going into Saturday's game with all the Badgers represented and the novelty of Desbiens vs Rigsby. That went right out the door when Desbiens went down and helped off the ice. It looked like the textbook reaction to a significant knee injury. I have complained about college players playing in these in-season exhibitions for years, but this is the first time I can remember it directly affecting Wisconsin. Guess they have been lucky up to now.

Not surprisingly, it's been information radio silence from the team. I would think something will come out prior to the next series, but who knows.
                Meaningless games.....I used to be strongly against these, but I have come around to the fact that it helps these players become better players for the benefit of WI, as long as the players don't miss NCAA games to do it. I still have a problem with that. Had ARD's injury come from heavy USA body contact, I would have gone berserk, but it was on a movement that a goalie typically does, though for her she looks behind herself very infrequently. Posick tweeted that perhaps the general public would get some info on the injury today, but I doubt it. It will come down to seeing if she comes out for warmups against St. Cloud or not.

Comment

Early Christmas present for UW fans, Breanna Blesi, a 2017 goalie recruit, has signed on to play for UW per twitter. Funny how my son and I were lamenting a bit that MJ hadn't landed a impactful US born goalie since Rigsby, unless Baldwin can challenge for playing time next year, though she is TINY.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Early Christmas present for UW fans, Breanna Blesi, a 2017 goalie recruit, has signed on to play for UW per twitter. Funny how my son and I were lamenting a bit that MJ hadn't landed a impactful US born goalie since Rigsby, unless Baldwin can challenge for playing time next year, though she is TINY.
                    Not sure but I think she was originally an Ohio St. commit. On the goalie topic, I'm guessing so far no news or update on Desbien?

Comment

I've added Brianna to the sheet.

Thanks for the heads up.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                        Not sure but I think she was originally an Ohio St. commit. On the goalie topic, I'm guessing so far no news or update on Desbien?
                        Never signed NLI with OSU...Had an offer from Colgate but UW was where she wanted to go from the beginning. Very good goalie that works her tail off. Great pickup for the Badgers in the final hour!

Comment

Originally posted by Dust Bucket View Post
                          Never signed NLI with OSU...Had an offer from Colgate but UW was where she wanted to go from the beginning. Very good goalie that works her tail off. Great pickup for the Badgers in the final hour!
                          Thanks for the info. Gotta love a gal who is from rodentsota but always wanted to come to WI. I certainly thought MJ was going to hand the keys to Cece, and he may still do that. This may be about having a capable backup who can play a chunk of the season and not have the wheels fall off. Rigsby and ARD have both missed time their Sr. years, and having a quality back-up is essential to staying in the top 8.

Not a word that I have found about ARD's prognosis. If she hasn't flown home yet, maybe someone from the Madison area can go sit at the airport and get a look at whatever is on her leg and report back.

Comment

ARD injury not as bad as initially thought.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...f711ab10a.html
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

That's good news, and I think I can safely speak for all Gopher fans in wishing her a full recovery within the projected time-frame.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Early Christmas gift for Badger fans. I had convinced myself it was going to be a lot worse. It helps that Cece has logged some actual playing time and looks to be capable of holding down the fort for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X