This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

It's a great day for hockey! I don't really know what to expect out of this series. UW has been in close/comeback games all year so far. St. Cloud is the only common opponent and the sue split with them. UW swept St. Cloud in the first series of the year. UW has the talent edge, it would be good to see 2 complete wins, as in not having to eek out 3rd period heroics and not allow more than a goal or 2 at most per game.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hoping to see a doormat teach the big dog a lesson.

Comment

Game 1 was another 3rd period nail-biter.....game 2 not so much. Awesome to see Nurse/McKibbon/Norby get going, they are 1-2-3 on the team in scoring. Now Pankowski has to get on a roll, no goals, 6 A so far. Looks like the 3rd line cooled down a bit as well.

PP SUCKS, 0-12 on the weekend and scoring on a whopping .088%. Those number defy all logic when you look at the talent on the team. Hopefully MSU will be the scoring drought elixir for multiple illnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Game 1 was another 3rd period nail-biter.....game 2 not so much. Awesome to see Nurse/McKibbon/Norby get going, they are 1-2-3 on the team in scoring. Now Pankowski has to get on a roll, no goals, 6 A so far. Looks like the 3rd line cooled down a bit as well.

PP SUCKS, 0-12 on the weekend and scoring on a whopping .088%. Those number defy all logic when you look at the talent on the team. Hopefully MSU will be the scoring drought elixir for multiple illnesses.
          I think the points made by Timothy A. go hand in hand. With the amount of penalties called in the women's game there is absolutely zero flow. The Badgers keep putting out the same power play units up front consisting primarily of the same 6 forwards from 3 different lines. You have: PP#1- Clark, Pankowski, Nurse and PP#2- Roque, Cogan, Mckibbon. Norby, Shaver, and Wellhausen are usually not on the Power Play. (Cogan did not play on Sunday so Norby played with the second unit and I think Wellhausen played on one power play late in that game as well). The power play is not scoring so now you have all 3 lines jumbled up for what seems to be about half of every period. With the talent Wisconsin has up front I think they should just roll all 3 lines during the power play. That way the lines play consistently with one another for more than what seems to be two or three shifts a period. What's the difference? Why not try that? The power play is only running at 9% anyway. I realize that when the Badgers play Minnesota or UMD you may have to change up a bit but, against everyone else why not roll the 3 lines and keep the flow going? I would bet that the results would be better than what they are now.

With that being said, It sure is nice to keep winning despite the power play woes!
          Last edited by pensrule; 10-24-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Funny how the game changes. Last year the Gophers were around 50% on the PP all year long and this year . . . not so much. Makes for good discussions around the wood stove

Comment

THEY ARE PAINTING LABAHN. The tan is going away....WiscDC, VICTORY IS YOURS!

I agree, just roll the 3 lines on the pp and leave it at that. Don't even run set plays (obviously they suck anyway), just forecheck the crap out of them.

Comment

The hockey gods have Wisconsin blowing up lines after week one and dumping the power play week 4? Classic! I hope nobody here coaches anything higher than mites!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
                  The hockey gods have Wisconsin blowing up lines after week one and dumping the power play week 4? Classic! I hope nobody here coaches anything higher than mites!
                  I'll have you my ideas and techniques have been adapted at some of the highest levels of hockey play, see my sig.

You have to admit, an 8% pp after 8 games on a team with Canadian and US Olympians is rather shocking. That is epicly bad.

Comment

I wold agree the power play has been anemic and Pankowski not scoring is also an obvious change up. However, both are an aberration, she is a beast and the power play will eventually come around. The way I see it is there is no where to go but up! Oh wait, they are already number one?

Comment

I wold agree the power play has been anemic ...
                      A couple years ago, the men's team power play was so bad, Mike Eaves would joke about it by asking if he could "decline the penalty".

Comment

I wold agree the power play has been anemic and Pankowski not scoring is also an obvious change up. However, both are an aberration, she is a beast and the power play will eventually come around.
                        I agree on both accounts, but the 8% unthinkable.

Comment

I wold agree the power play has been anemic and Pankowski not scoring is also an obvious change up. However, both are an aberration, she is a beast and the power play will eventually come around. The way I see it is there is no where to go but up! Oh wait, they are already number one?
                          Should be interesting to see if and how the lines are changed up this weekend with Pankowski away for the 4-Nations training and tournament next week. I'm sure all the top college teams will have to adjust to this too!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                            Should be interesting to see if and how the lines are changed up this weekend with Pankowski away for the 4-Nations training and tournament next week. I'm sure all the top college teams will have to adjust to this too!
                            I'll take the easy way, out move Mauermann into Pankowski's spot. I read Cogan missed some time last weekend, hopefully nothing serious.

Comment

I'll take the easy way, out move Mauermann into Pankowski's spot. I read Cogan missed some time last weekend, hopefully nothing serious.
                              Does anyone know if there will be a video feed of the games at Minn. St. this weekend? And if so what the cost is? Right now it shows no video available for the games when looking at the Mankato schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                                Does anyone know if there will be a video feed of the games at Minn. St. this weekend? And if so what the cost is? Right now it shows no video available for the games when looking at the Mankato schedule.
                                They have a free archive of last weekend's games against SCSU and traditionally their video is free.

Bodes well for free video this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X