This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Nice OT win for the Badgers today. Came from behind to get the tying goal in the 3rd and got the game winner just a few minutes into OT.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

These team sure likes to stress out their fans. The 3rd game of the year where a 3rd period comeback was in order. Great to see Nurse get on the board with a goal. The broadcast quality was excellent, though I had to resort to sneaking a minute here and there since I was at work. The 2nd Clarkson goal was a beauty of a tip in front, the D there needs to attack the opponent's stick however. I never did get a clean look at the 1 goal Clarkson scored. Overall UW carried more of the play and the flow of the game seemed to be fast paced and wide open. I will get to watch the whole game today. Let's get another quality win today ladies!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        These team sure likes to stress out their fans. The 3rd game of the year where a 3rd period comeback was in order. Great to see Nurse get on the board with a goal. The broadcast quality was excellent, though I had to resort to sneaking a minute here and there since I was at work. The 2nd Clarkson goal was a beauty of a tip in front, the D there needs to attack the opponent's stick however. I never did get a clean look at the 1 goal Clarkson scored. Overall UW carried more of the play and the flow of the game seemed to be fast paced and wide open. I will get to watch the whole game today. Let's get another quality win today ladies!
        It is way too early to tell but it appears as if several WCHA teams have made a big step forward this season. That is going to be stressful for a couple teams fans but great for the sport & the league. UMD played a fabulous game last night & combined with knocking off BC has already made a demand for attention that must be paid. Sounds like OSU want the same. The close games, 3rd period come backs and/or addition losses you and I have to suffer through will cause suffering but they are exciting to watch & great for womens hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          The close games, 3rd period come backs and/or addition losses you and I have to suffer through will cause suffering but they are exciting to watch & great for womens hockey.
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I much prefer the 6-0 blowouts. I know, I know, it's good for the game, but hey, it's all about me. I want UW to crush everyone. Like a bug. It's the way I'm wired.

Comment

Got another close one going on today. 1-1 after 2. Badgers controlling a lot of the play, but a couple of defensive breakdowns leading more than one odd-man rush/breakaway.

Late in the 2nd, after a really solid PK, picked up another penalty and did a poor job on the Clarkson goal.

It's nice to see Shaver back with the team and again that 3rd line is providing a lot of energy. Would like to see more consistency from the top lines.

I appreciate the free Clarkson feed. Man, the internet feeds really vary in quality from school to school.

Comment

Norby and Nurse (SH) blow it open late. Badgers 3-1 late 3rd
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Norby and Nurse (SH) blow it open late. Badgers 3-1 late 3rd
                So far this year, Norby has been all effort and energy, with not much to show for it. Oh boy, did that change today!

Comment

Better team won both games in Potsdam. Congrats to you, safe flight and maybe we'll meet in St. Charles in March.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The 2nd line completely dominated the 3rd period. Norby goes top shelf on a great feed from Nurse, Nurse scores on a SH breakaway and McKibbon scored on a highlight pass from Norby. As mentioned above, nice to see the hard work pay off on the scoreboard.

Comment

Yeah, the 2nd line was en fuego, awesome to see. Now we need Pankowski to break out. She clanged the post on the pp in the 3rd period, I thought it was in it came out so straight. She also took 2 penalties while I was watching (last half of the game), hopefully she's not getting frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Yeah, the 2nd line was en fuego, awesome to see. Now we need Pankowski to break out. She clanged the post on the pp in the 3rd period, I thought it was in it came out so straight. She also took 2 penalties while I was watching (last half of the game), hopefully she's not getting frustrated.
                        It was great to see the second line get going! All 3 players had terrific production in yesterdays game. You really have to like the balance this team has. When looking at the stats the Badgers have scored 21 goals through the first six games. 2 goals were scored by the defense, 7 goals by the first line, 7 goals by the second line, and 5 goals by the third line. You have 6 forwards (two from each line) with multiple goals. That's balance! Even if one of the lines isn't scoring in a particular game they continue to fly around and put pressure on the other teams defense and goaltender. During the course of a game that takes a toll on the opponent. Everyone seems to understand their role and executes their job well. Great start to the season!
                        Last edited by pensrule; 10-16-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Saw a tweet that Badger Mark won his 400th game this weekend. Why couldn't he have waited a weekend?

Anyway, congrats to a very good coach and one heck of a team.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Saw a tweet that Badger Mark won his 400th game this weekend. Why couldn't he have waited a weekend?

Anyway, congrats to a very good coach and one heck of a team.
                            Similarly, Brad Frost could reach #300 this coming weekend... on the road.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                              It was great to see the second line get going! All 3 players had terrific production in yesterdays game. You really have to like the balance this team has. When looking at the stats the Badgers have scored 21 goals through the first six games. 2 goals were scored by the defense, 7 goals by the first line, 7 goals by the second line, and 5 goals by the third line. You have 6 forwards (two from each line) with multiple goals. That's balance! Even if one of the lines isn't scoring in a particular game they continue to fly around and put pressure on the other teams defense and goaltender. During the course of a game that takes a toll on the opponent. Everyone seems to understand their role and executes their job well. Great start to the season!
                              Big weekend and biggest test of the season up to this point for the Badgers at North Dakota. A place where the team has had their struggles in the past. It will be interesting to see two of the best defensive teams in the country go at it. One would think that North Dakota will play a very conservative game and "pack it in" with 5 players keeping the speedy Badger forwards away from the prime scoring areas. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                                Big weekend and biggest test of the season up to this point for the Badgers at North Dakota. A place where the team has had their struggles in the past. It will be interesting to see two of the best defensive teams in the country go at it. One would think that North Dakota will play a very conservative game and "pack it in" with 5 players keeping the speedy Badger forwards away from the prime scoring areas. Thoughts?
                                This is a big weekend for Wisconsin. Although undefeated, they haven't had that big Badger game yet. Of the two best defensive teams in the country, one has played Minnesota State and St-Cloud which could be misleading. I am not trying to undermine their defensive prowess but this weekend will prove to be a real test for ND. Having said that, it should be a very good series.

Comment

Working...
                                X