Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The countdown is on til I can smell the ice and hear the pucks hit the glass.

I'm guessing MJ keeps the lines in tact, he specifically mentioned how well Shaver and Roque played together.
    I happened across this bit of awful news last night on Instagram, and I know nothing more about how, etc., but apparently Sophia Shaver's younger brother Drake died on Sunday (?).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLG6M43jN3v/

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    I happened across this bit of awful news last night on Instagram, and I know nothing more about how, etc., but apparently Sophia Shaver's younger brother Drake died on Sunday (?).

Yes I saw the same news. Very sad. Devastating for everyone involved.
    Last edited by rangersrule; 10-04-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post

She tweeted that out, I did not know the circumstances of her brother's death, but anyway you cut it, it's a sad sad situation. It must be completely devastating. God bless the Shavers in their time of need.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

She tweeted that out, I did not know the circumstances of her brother's death, but anyway you cut it, it's a sad sad situation. It must be completely devastating. God bless the Shavers in their time of need.
    Don't believe mentioning or discussing the "how" on this site is appropriate. Respect the family in these difficult and challenging times. As you say, very sad and our hearts and prayers go out to the family.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Don't believe mentioning or discussing the "how" on this site is appropriate. Respect the family in these difficult and challenging times. As you say, very sad and our hearts and prayers go out to the family.
    The tweet was just mysterious, I didn't know if it marked some sort of sad anniversary or a current event. Anyway, I have no need or intention to know more.

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet. Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe.

The KC will have metal detectors this year but LaBahn will not. Yeah! on that too.

. . . Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe. .
    that will come in March when it counts

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet.
    Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. This game will be shown live on Fox Sports Wisconsin, which unfortunately is not included on my cable service.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...key-sched.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/1...x?path=whockey

Preview video and notes about the home opening series against Ohio State. Looks like they have cut back a bit on the videos and news/notes. While I prefer hockey games at night, I'm glad that women's hockey isn't going head-to-head with volleyball Saturday night down the road at the Fieldhouse. Hopefully the band will be back for these early season games.

Nice to not have to worry about Kepler scoring on the Badgers anymore. She seemed to score at least one goal every series here in Madison.
    Last edited by Badger Booster; 10-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. This game will be shown live on Fox Sports Wisconsin, which unfortunately is not included on my cable service.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...key-sched.html
    Unless I'm wrong (completely possible if not probable), wouldn't that be the same as Fox Sports North? In Madison (with Charter cable), we get a lot of Wild games on the local Fox Sports channel if the Bucks aren't playing on the same night. Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin are the same channel.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Unless I'm wrong (completely possible if not probable), wouldn't that be the same as Fox Sports North? In Madison (with Charter cable), we get a lot of Wild games on the local Fox Sports channel if the Bucks aren't playing on the same night. Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin are the same channel.
    They are not the same channel. FS-WI simulcasts the Wild games (often on the alternate channel), but they are not the same network. That's simply FS-WI carrying Wild games, which makes sense given the lack of an NHL team in Wisconsin.

That said, when I see the Gophers and Badgers playing hockey on FS-Wisconsin, it has always been the FS-North simulcast. Neither the Wild nor the Timberwolves are playing on that Sunday afternoon...I'm surprised they haven't confirmed that FS-North is carrying it.
    Last edited by WiscDC; 10-06-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. [/url]
    Saturday would certainly have to be an afternoon, as well. There is a men's hockey game at the KC (time still not announced, because...), there's a 50/50 chance that there would be women's volleyball that night - first two rounds of NCAA tournament, either Thur/Fri or Fri/Sat - AND the Big Ten championship game for football on TV that Saturday night (with a still pretty decent chance the Badgers could be playing in it.)

Maybe I shouldn't say "certainly afternoon"; an 11 AM start wouldn't surprise me!

The countdown is on til I can smell the ice and hear the pucks hit the glass.

I'm guessing MJ keeps the lines in tact, he specifically mentioned how well Shaver and Roque played together.
    Well it's time for the home opener! I for one am very excited to see this team at LaBahn this weekend. Based on the results from 2 weeks ago one would think the forward lines and D-pairings would be the same. Ohio State has a good goaltender so it's important the Badgers get lots of pucks to the net and put some rebounds in! Hopefully the Badgers come out flying! Should be fun!

The tweet was just mysterious, I didn't know if it marked some sort of sad anniversary or a current event. Anyway, I have no need or intention to know more.

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet. Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe.

The KC will have metal detectors this year but LaBahn will not. Yeah! on that too.
    A beautifully written piece on the UW Badger Womens Hockey website by forward Baylee Wellhausen. She writes her blog before every weekend's games but, this one really hits home... Get your Kleenex out..

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    Well it's time for the home opener! I for one am very excited to see this team at LaBahn this weekend. Based on the results from 2 weeks ago one would think the forward lines and D-pairings would be the same. Ohio State has a good goaltender so it's important the Badgers get lots of pucks to the net and put some rebounds in! Hopefully the Badgers come out flying! Should be fun!
    can't.wait.to.get.out.of.work.can't.come.soon.enou gh.i.need.hockey.bad.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pensrule View Post
    A beautifully written piece on the UW Badger Womens Hockey website by forward Baylee Wellhausen. She writes her blog before every weekend's games but, this one really hits home... Get your Kleenex out..
    Tough, tough deal for sure. Makes my horrible week at work seem trivial and meaningless. God bless the Shavers.

Quote Originally Posted by pensrule View Post
    Succinct, yet powerful. Well done, Baylee. Thoughts and prayers are with Sophia and her family.

Let's go RED!

Game observations......reffing sucked. 16 so called penalties, Bauer and Enge were clueless.

Roque seemed to have the puck on her stick all night, very impressive. Mauermann looked good in Shaver's spot. Nurse/McKibbon/Norby is still out of sync. Nurse is not getting nearly enough good looks. I like Gardner's shake and bake for a D.

What is the protocol for stopping play for an injured player? An OSU player was laying on the ice clearly not getting up for at least 15 seconds before the whistle blew. UW even ended up getting a 2-0 out of it as she laid there in her own D zone when the puck came back in.

Game observations......reffing sucked. 16 so called penalties, Bauer and Enge were clueless.

Roque seemed to have the puck on her stick all night, very impressive. Mauermann looked good in Shaver's spot. Nurse/McKibbon/Norby is still out of sync. Nurse is not getting nearly enough good looks. I like Gardner's shake and bake for a D.

What is the protocol for stopping play for an injured player? An OSU player was laying on the ice clearly not getting up for at least 15 seconds before the whistle blew. UW even ended up getting a 2-0 out of it as she laid there in her own D zone when the puck came back in.
    The stripes stunk the joint out in Bemidji despite calling only a third as many. The Beavers got away with a lot of holding & interference. I'm used to seeing poor calls but not so one-sided.

I don't know the official rules but observation suggest that if the injured player's team gains the puck the whistle blows, if the puck is in the player's D zone & then is cleared the whistle blows. If the attacking team has the puck in their offensive zone & the defensive player is down a long time it seems there is a lot of discretion as to how long is long enough.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

What is the protocol for stopping play for an injured player?
    I believe it is similar to the basketball rule, where the whistle goes if the team with the injured player gets control or if the injured player is in imminent danger. For something like a player cut by a skate and bleeding all over or crashing head first into the boards and not moving, then player safety should take precedence over the game. This rule leads to a lot of heroic efforts by players to make it off the ice, particularly when a leg is clearly not functioning.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    The Beavers got away with a lot of holding & interference. I'm used to seeing poor calls but not so one-sided.
    I'd be okay with all of the non-calls if not for the weak call on Baldwin to create the 5-on-3. If you let something go all game, don't suddenly make a call that could decide the game. That's my biggest complaint with the younger WCHA referees -- they don't seem to have any feel for the game and when they should/shouldn't become involved.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Thread Information