X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    I realize that the broadcast is a big ten network but did the announcer really just say, "we don't see any quite in these Clarkson players"? Cmon.....
    Hey, this is a step up from a year or two ago when BTN had two tennis guys do a hockey game. I think one of them had skimmed a book on hockey the night before.

Comment

Get the lid off the freakin' nets! I watched this last night. Don't tell me the bouncy boys used up all Wisco's March mojo?

Let's Go RED!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        Hey, this is a step up from a year or two ago when BTN had two tennis guys do a hockey game. I think one of them had skimmed a book on hockey the night before.
        A step? The worst sports broadcasts I've ever seen (apart from that one) are at least 10 steps (no matter how big a "step" is) above that debacle of a broadcast in Minnesota. It wasn't BTN; it was ESPNU. It was the first regular-season game an ESPN network showed in about five years, and they messed up on the one that would draw the most eyeballs. The play-by-play guy was a tennis announcer; and the color commentator knew about hockey and tried to help him.

They fixed it with their next broadcast that year.

To be honest, apart from the ridiculous outliers (such as your example), I don't see how these broadcasts really hinder the viewing experience as much as people on the internet seem to say (both NHL and college hockey).

I thought they did a good job today.

Comment

Somebody check on TimothyA to make sure he hasn't been committed to the psyche ward.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            A step? The worst sports broadcasts I've ever seen (apart from that one) are at least 10 steps (no matter how big a "step" is) above that debacle of a broadcast in Minnesota. It wasn't BTN; it was ESPNU. It was the first regular-season game an ESPN network showed in about five years, and they messed up on the one that would draw the most eyeballs. The play-by-play guy was a tennis announcer; and the color commentator knew about hockey and tried to help him.

They fixed it with their next broadcast that year.

To be honest, apart from the ridiculous outliers (such as your example), I don't see how these broadcasts really hinder the viewing experience as much as people on the internet seem to say (both NHL and college hockey).

I thought they did a good job today.
            Thanks, I could not remember who it was. The problem these guys had is that in addition to talking way too much (a standard failure of all TV sports announcers these days) they said too little, often trite aphorisms and obvious trivialities.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              Thanks, I could not remember who it was. The problem these guys had is that in addition to talking way too much (a standard failure of all TV sports announcers these days) they said too little, often trite aphorisms and obvious trivialities.
              You must be referring to Ben Clymer.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gut wrenching. Unfortunately I was not able to watch or listen today, but I am bummed. I said going into the weekend that anything other than winning the national championship would be a disappointment and I stand by that. I am very proud of what we accomplished this season but I feel for our seniors. On Wisconsin, we'll get em next year.

Comment

I feel so badly that you couldn't check off the most important one on the list. And worse off it was a team from the East. Geez, what a drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                    I feel so badly that you couldn't check off the most important one on the list. And worse off it was a team from the East. Geez, what a drag.
                    Nice of you to defecate in the team thread.

Comment

Congrats to Wisconsin on their great season. May not be the ending they wanted but I stand by my comment that they are a great team. In a one and done game anything can happen and once again it did. This takes nothing away from my Knights. Once again they show they can play with and beat the best.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Am I glad Clarkson beat UM? Heck yeah. The rodents are hard to beat, I like UW's chances against Clarkson more....
                        Hmmmmmm.... when I read this before the game I thought to myself that CCT was going to win.... because I think many Wisconsin fans (and likely players) thought that this was correct - they seem to have spent way too much energy worrying about facing MN again instead of BC and CCT. In any case, congrats on a great season to UW despite not getting the last win - a great team and one with class.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                          Hmmmmmm.... when I read this before the game I thought to myself that CCT was going to win.... because I think many Wisconsin fans (and likely players) thought that this was correct - they seem to have spent way too much energy worrying about facing MN again instead of BC and CCT.
                          Aren't you doing the same thing that you're accusing of Wisconsin fans and players of doing -- not giving Clarkson enough credit? Maybe Clarkson won because they did precisely what they had to do, regardless of the mindset of Badgers fans and players.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Somebody asks whether you'd rather play a team you beat twice this year, or a team you beat once, lost to once and tied twice, what's your answer gonna be?

(And BTW; a parent-of-UW-player told me while waiting in line today that the girls said they'drather have been playing the Gophers.)
                            Last edited by robertearle; 03-19-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Aren't you doing the same thing that you're accusing of Wisconsin fans and players of doing -- not giving Clarkson enough credit? Maybe Clarkson won because they did precisely what they had to do, regardless of the mindset of Badgers fans and players.
                              Oh but he is not a WCHA hockey snob so its OK

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Somebody asks whether you'd rather play a team you beat twice this year, or a team you beat once, lost to once and tied twice, what's your answer gonna be?
                                Same answer Bill Belichick would give - "all the teams are good and we'll do our best to beat the one that we face". Seems to work for him....

Comment

Working...
                                X