X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    The countdown is on til I can smell the ice and hear the pucks hit the glass.

I'm guessing MJ keeps the lines in tact, he specifically mentioned how well Shaver and Roque played together.
    I happened across this bit of awful news last night on Instagram, and I know nothing more about how, etc., but apparently Sophia Shaver's younger brother Drake died on Sunday (?).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLG6M43jN3v/

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      I happened across this bit of awful news last night on Instagram, and I know nothing more about how, etc., but apparently Sophia Shaver's younger brother Drake died on Sunday (?).

Yes I saw the same news. Very sad. Devastating for everyone involved.
      Last edited by rangersrule; 10-04-2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

She tweeted that out, I did not know the circumstances of her brother's death, but anyway you cut it, it's a sad sad situation. It must be completely devastating. God bless the Shavers in their time of need.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          She tweeted that out, I did not know the circumstances of her brother's death, but anyway you cut it, it's a sad sad situation. It must be completely devastating. God bless the Shavers in their time of need.
          Don't believe mentioning or discussing the "how" on this site is appropriate. Respect the family in these difficult and challenging times. As you say, very sad and our hearts and prayers go out to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            Don't believe mentioning or discussing the "how" on this site is appropriate. Respect the family in these difficult and challenging times. As you say, very sad and our hearts and prayers go out to the family.
            The tweet was just mysterious, I didn't know if it marked some sort of sad anniversary or a current event. Anyway, I have no need or intention to know more.

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet. Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe.

The KC will have metal detectors this year but LaBahn will not. Yeah! on that too.

Comment

. . . Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe. .
              that will come in March when it counts

Comment

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet.
                Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. This game will be shown live on Fox Sports Wisconsin, which unfortunately is not included on my cable service.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...key-sched.html
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/1...x?path=whockey

Preview video and notes about the home opening series against Ohio State. Looks like they have cut back a bit on the videos and news/notes. While I prefer hockey games at night, I'm glad that women's hockey isn't going head-to-head with volleyball Saturday night down the road at the Fieldhouse. Hopefully the band will be back for these early season games.

Nice to not have to worry about Kepler scoring on the Badgers anymore. She seemed to score at least one goal every series here in Madison.
                  Last edited by Badger Booster; 10-05-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. This game will be shown live on Fox Sports Wisconsin, which unfortunately is not included on my cable service.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...key-sched.html
                    Unless I'm wrong (completely possible if not probable), wouldn't that be the same as Fox Sports North? In Madison (with Charter cable), we get a lot of Wild games on the local Fox Sports channel if the Bucks aren't playing on the same night. Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin are the same channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      Unless I'm wrong (completely possible if not probable), wouldn't that be the same as Fox Sports North? In Madison (with Charter cable), we get a lot of Wild games on the local Fox Sports channel if the Bucks aren't playing on the same night. Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin are the same channel.
                      They are not the same channel. FS-WI simulcasts the Wild games (often on the alternate channel), but they are not the same network. That's simply FS-WI carrying Wild games, which makes sense given the lack of an NHL team in Wisconsin.

That said, when I see the Gophers and Badgers playing hockey on FS-Wisconsin, it has always been the FS-North simulcast. Neither the Wild nor the Timberwolves are playing on that Sunday afternoon...I'm surprised they haven't confirmed that FS-North is carrying it.
                      Last edited by WiscDC; 10-05-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Gophers have announced a 2:00pm start for the Sunday game on December 4th. [/url]
                        Saturday would certainly have to be an afternoon, as well. There is a men's hockey game at the KC (time still not announced, because...), there's a 50/50 chance that there would be women's volleyball that night - first two rounds of NCAA tournament, either Thur/Fri or Fri/Sat - AND the Big Ten championship game for football on TV that Saturday night (with a still pretty decent chance the Badgers could be playing in it.)

Maybe I shouldn't say "certainly afternoon"; an 11 AM start wouldn't surprise me!

Comment

The countdown is on til I can smell the ice and hear the pucks hit the glass.

I'm guessing MJ keeps the lines in tact, he specifically mentioned how well Shaver and Roque played together.
                          Well it's time for the home opener! I for one am very excited to see this team at LaBahn this weekend. Based on the results from 2 weeks ago one would think the forward lines and D-pairings would be the same. Ohio State has a good goaltender so it's important the Badgers get lots of pucks to the net and put some rebounds in! Hopefully the Badgers come out flying! Should be fun!

Comment

The tweet was just mysterious, I didn't know if it marked some sort of sad anniversary or a current event. Anyway, I have no need or intention to know more.

Good news, the schedule has the rodent series is listed as Saturday/Sunday, the Friday has been dropped. Yeah! Still no times yet. Kudos to UW for apparently avoiding a catastrophe.

The KC will have metal detectors this year but LaBahn will not. Yeah! on that too.
                            A beautifully written piece on the UW Badger Womens Hockey website by forward Baylee Wellhausen. She writes her blog before every weekend's games but, this one really hits home... Get your Kleenex out..

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                              Well it's time for the home opener! I for one am very excited to see this team at LaBahn this weekend. Based on the results from 2 weeks ago one would think the forward lines and D-pairings would be the same. Ohio State has a good goaltender so it's important the Badgers get lots of pucks to the net and put some rebounds in! Hopefully the Badgers come out flying! Should be fun!
                              can't.wait.to.get.out.of.work.can't.come.soon.enou gh.i.need.hockey.bad.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                                A beautifully written piece on the UW Badger Womens Hockey website by forward Baylee Wellhausen. She writes her blog before every weekend's games but, this one really hits home... Get your Kleenex out..
                                Tough, tough deal for sure. Makes my horrible week at work seem trivial and meaningless. God bless the Shavers.

Comment

Working...
                                X