Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1001

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

  1. #861
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Are the 'Dogs playing better than yesterday? Are they looking bagged (yet?) after yesterday's game?
    Clearly fatigued at this point. Rooney has been standing on her head.

  2. #862
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,498
    2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

    Here is a question though. Why do you guys care if the band shows up? The Badger band has not played any thing other than the school song all weekend long. Kind of a wasted trip for them.

  3. #863
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

    Here is a question though. Why do you guys care if the band shows up? The Badger band has not played any thing other than the school song all weekend long. Kind of a wasted trip for them.
    I mentioned to the former Gopher band member seated next to me yesterday that it was nice to hear some different tunes at Ridder provided by the UMD band. I think they played Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing" at one point. It was very fine.

    3-1 now.

  4. #864
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    675

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

    Here is a question though. Why do you guys care if the band shows up? The Badger band has not played any thing other than the school song all weekend long. Kind of a wasted trip for them.
    Well, first, *because* they play the fight song.

    Second, in a tournament setting like this, they don't get to do whatever they want; they have to trade off with the other band. If/when they are allowed to, I'm sure they play what they can of their normal songs (though I don't think I've ever heard the pep band play "Sing, Sing, Sing").

    Third, they played the 'alma mater' after the awards were given out, and I know the girls on the team love it when they play that.

    And fourth, (at least at the NCAA tournament I went to in Duluth) they play at pep rallies, etc, before the games.

  5. #865
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,726

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    congrats on the win

    Saturday was some great hockey with a lot of suspense, I thought the title game would be closer, maybe even UMD winning.

  6. #866
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    675

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    ... and as long as we're on the subject...

    (I've mentioned this before, but it's that time again)

    If all Robert Morris wants is somebody to play their fight song a couple times next week, they quite likely don't have to go hire a HS band to do it.

    It is tradition at UW home football games for the UW band to play the other team's fight song; once at the pre-game pep rally performance, once pre-game inside the stadium, and once post-game. When they're playing the Gophers or Northwestern, et al, of course they don't need to go learn a new song, they already know those. But for non-conference games against smaller, less well-known schools, they still go learn the fight song and play it. So if Robert Morris contacts the right people and asks, I'm willing to bet that the pep band would do likewise.

  7. #867
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    congrats on the win

    Saturday was some great hockey with a lot of suspense, I thought the title game would be closer, maybe even UMD winning.
    UMD likely tired from the previous day's marathon. Schedule was not in their favor. Having said that, Badgers are just a deeper, more talented team.

  8. #868
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Well, first, *because* they play the fight song.

    Second, in a tournament setting like this, they don't get to do whatever they want; they have to trade off with the other band. If/when they are allowed to, I'm sure they play what they can of their normal songs (though I don't think I've ever heard the pep band play "Sing, Sing, Sing").

    Third, they played the 'alma mater' after the awards were given out, and I know the girls on the team love it when they play that.

    And fourth, (at least at the NCAA tournament I went to in Duluth) they play at pep rallies, etc, before the games.
    But they didn't trade off. They literally never played a song except for the periods and goals. It was disappointing because they are fun band
    Last edited by ne7minder; 03-05-2017 at 06:54 PM.

  9. #869
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    I mentioned to the former Gopher band member seated next to me yesterday that it was nice to hear some different tunes at Ridder provided by the UMD band. I think they played Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing" at one point. It was very fine.

    3-1 now.
    I know, it is great when the bands play alternately. I don't recall UMD playing 'Sing' but I know UM band does.

  10. #870
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    I know, it is great when the bands play alternately. I don't recall UMD playing 'Sing' but I know UM band does.
    It may have been the UM band that played "Sing." They were going back and forth and it was enjoyable.

  11. #871
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,883

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Well, a road to the championship game w/o playing another WCHA team before getting there. I like it. A lot. BC has been living on borrowed time the last 3 weeks, I don't know if they'll even get past St. L, but I've been wanting UW to play them the last few years, maybe UW will get a chance. I'll do some digging around about Bob Morris as the week progresses, but I'm very thankful for the chance to watch a game @ Labahn one more time.

    Few thoughts on the games we just saw.....That UND goal Saturday was some bad D by UW, there were enough players back to be able to rub Menke (sp?) out. I did not see other than on my phone, so I don't know how it got past ARD. Kolstadt solidified her place in the goon hall of fame for the DQ punch she threw late in the 3rd that screwed her team over, haha. She already hurt someone this year, don't we have 3 more years of her to look forward to? Yikes.

    UMD game....missed the first period, was on the road, but the gals played hard and kept the pressure on. In the next few games, goal scoring may be at a premium, and it good to see them be in 2 tight games and then be able to crack the nut for the win, though allowing inferior teams to hang around is worrisome, but on the other hand UW has the depth to wear teams down and close the deal in the 3rd. The pp needs to get back to working a bit better. Not scoring on a 5 minute with that kind of talent is bad.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  12. #872
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,554

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Well, a road to the championship game w/o playing another WCHA team before getting there. I like it. A lot. BC has been living on borrowed time the last 3 weeks, I don't know if they'll even get past St. L, but I've been wanting UW to play them the last few years, maybe UW will get a chance. I'll do some digging around about Bob Morris as the week progresses, but I'm very thankful for the chance to watch a game @ Labahn one more time.

    Few thoughts on the games we just saw.....That UND goal Saturday was some bad D by UW, there were enough players back to be able to rub Menke (sp?) out. I did not see other than on my phone, so I don't know how it got past ARD. Kolstadt solidified her place in the goon hall of fame for the DQ punch she threw late in the 3rd that screwed her team over, haha. She already hurt someone this year, don't we have 3 more years of her to look forward to? Yikes.

    UMD game....missed the first period, was on the road, but the gals played hard and kept the pressure on. In the next few games, goal scoring may be at a premium, and it good to see them be in 2 tight games and then be able to crack the nut for the win, though allowing inferior teams to hang around is worrisome, but on the other hand UW has the depth to wear teams down and close the deal in the 3rd. The pp needs to get back to working a bit better. Not scoring on a 5 minute with that kind of talent is bad.
    That is the crux of the matter for anyone who plays Wisconsin. You may be able to hang with them for a while but eventually the depth factor will take over.

  13. #873
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    675

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'll do some digging around about Bob Morris as the week progresses, but I'm very thankful for the chance to watch a game @ Labahn one more time.
    Maybe it's a consequence of CHA reffing, but RMU takes a *large* number of penalties. 187 over 34 games (only one major), or 5.5 per game, 11.3 minutes per game. Their opponents took even more - meaning it could just be CHA refs - 196 for 12.1 minutes per game. RMU power play converts 18%, and their PK allows at 10%. Almost 30% of their goals come on the PP.

    (For comparison, UW has taken the second most penalties in the WCHA, but only 149 compared to that 187, only 4 per game compared to that 5.5, only 20% of their goals on PP compared to RMU's 30%.)

    So, even more than usual, who the refs are and how they call things will be a factor.

  14. #874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    I woke up at 9 this morning and they were already sold out for Saturday. I am glad the program is killing it these days but I'm definitely bummed for myself! Hopefully there will be some extra tickets floating around on Saturday, there usually are.

  15. #875
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    675

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by wiscolorado View Post
    I woke up at 9 this morning and they were already sold out for Saturday. I am glad the program is killing it these days but I'm definitely bummed for myself! Hopefully there will be some extra tickets floating around on Saturday, there usually are.
    There was an email announcing the chance to pre-order tickets two weeks ago. If you're not on their email list, you should get yourself on it, for next time.

  16. #876
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    There was an email announcing the chance to pre-order tickets two weeks ago. If you're not on their email list, you should get yourself on it, for next time.
    I get all kinds of emails from the athletic department but I do not recall an email like that. Do you know where specifically I can go to get on the women's hockey email list? There is not an obvious place to sign up for it on their website (or perhaps it is obvious and I just can't find it). Or maybe it's a list of season ticket holders?

  17. #877
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by wiscolorado View Post
    I get all kinds of emails from the athletic department but I do not recall an email like that. Do you know where specifically I can go to get on the women's hockey email list? There is not an obvious place to sign up for it on their website (or perhaps it is obvious and I just can't find it). Or maybe it's a list of season ticket holders?
    I think the pre-order option was for season ticket holders only. Not 100% sure. Speaks to the demand as I pre-ordered and this is the first time I'm not near center ice.

    With that said, it still looks like there are standing-room only tickets left, but are going fast.

  18. #878
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    675

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    With that said, it still looks like there are standing-room only tickets left, but are going fast.
    You could also keep an eye on Craigslist; there's nothing there right now, but as the week goes on...

    https://madison.craigslist.org/search/tia?query=women

  19. #879
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    379

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    The game is now officially sold out.

    Do you think UW ever regrets cheaping out on the 4,000 seat arena that was originally planned? It was always dumb to only put 2,300 seats in for a team that would routinely draw 3,000+ at the Kohl Center, and situations like this are a good reminder of that poor decision.

  20. #880
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    22

    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowheresville View Post
    The game is now officially sold out.

    Do you think UW ever regrets cheaping out on the 4,000 seat arena that was originally planned? It was always dumb to only put 2,300 seats in for a team that would routinely draw 3,000+ at the Kohl Center, and situations like this are a good reminder of that poor decision.
    Do they limit SRO to just one row at the rail? Seems to me they could sell more SRO tickets than they currently do.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •