Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

It's a great day for hockey!

Super stoked the game is on BTN tomorrow! I'm also very excited for my son to some live reporting from the rodent hole today with his friends. I wonder how much the rodent boosters had to pay the wcha to get UW at home the final week of the regular season 2 years in a row. Once is a fluke, twice is a payoff. It better not happen next year. It sucks enough the rodents get the wcha tourney at Ridder.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post

Super stoked the game is on BTN tomorrow! I'm also very excited for my son to some live reporting from the rodent hole today with his friends. I wonder how much the rodent boosters had to pay the wcha to get UW at home the final week of the regular season 2 years in a row. Once is a fluke, twice is a payoff. It better not happen next year. It sucks enough the rodents get the wcha tourney at Ridder.
    The payoff is that people actually show up to watch the games when it is at Ridder.

I agree with you that it's terrible that the Badgers have to come to Ridder again to play their final two regular season games. They should probably protest and just stay home.

At least with the 10,000 or so empty seats at Engelstad arena for the WCHA tourney two years ago the ND band had plenty of room to march around the empty seats between periods so there was that benefit of not being at Ridder.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

More than with most series, it doesn't seem to matter in most years where the games are played. In the years where they've had the talent, the Badgers have been very capable of winning in Ridder. There was a stretch where they did better there than they did at the Kohl Center.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    More than with most series, it doesn't seem to matter in most years where the games are played. In the years where they've had the talent, the Badgers have been very capable of winning in Ridder. There was a stretch where they did better there than they did at the Kohl Center.
    I know, it's annoying not to play the last regular season games at home, more so when you have to go play at your bitter rival

Allowing 35 sog yesterday was terrible, I don't care the opponent. They better clamp down today. They need to get into playoff mode on the D side.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

I know, it's annoying not to play the last regular season games at home, more so when you have to go play at your bitter rival

Allowing 35 sog yesterday was terrible, I don't care the opponent. They better clamp down today. They need to get into playoff mode on the D side.
    LOL on the shot total! I think the scorekeeper had a twitch that he couldn't control. We observed several shots that were counted that were blocked by the D in front as well as a few wide right. Great crowd...doubt it was as many as advertised (which has been the theme all year) but for some reason there wasn't much MN nice going on out there. I love the rivalry and the bantering, but do it with class! After the Wolf scored it was interesting that they replayed the goal while Nurse was in the process of matching that goal. Again...No class.
    BTW...Stecklein had a great game & played the majority of the game. I think you will see a different Badger team today!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    LOL on the shot total! I think the scorekeeper had a twitch that he couldn't control. We observed several shots that were counted that were blocked by the D in front as well as a few wide right. Great crowd...doubt it was as many as advertised (which has been the theme all year) but for some reason there wasn't much MN nice going on out there. I love the rivalry and the bantering, but do it with class! After the Wolf scored it was interesting that they replayed the goal while Nurse was in the process of matching that goal. Again...No class.
    BTW...Stecklein had a great game & played the majority of the game. I think you will see a different Badger team today!
    The Wolf scored? LOL...Who is the Wolf? Is that Schammel's nickname?
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Shootout...

Shootout...
    Oh, you mean those meaningless exercises for the equivalent of extra participation trophy? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Oh, you mean those meaningless exercises for the equivalent of extra participation trophy? Got it.
    That's the classy definition from the team on the losing end...

You should be banned for that username.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    "Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real."
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Are all of your posts going to be devoted to pointing out the lack of class on the part of the Gophers when a) their game day crew shows replays, or b) their fans express disdain for shootouts? Given the NCAA doesn't care and the WCHA standings were locked in before yesterday's shootout, there wasn't much riding on it other than the chance to go through the handshake line with the glow of victory. But if it makes you feel better, by all means, celebrate your great triumph and cast aspersions on Minnesota's absence of class.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Nah, it's nice to have somebody around who is more confused than I am.

Win or lose I'll start caring about shootouts when the World Series is decided by a home run derby and the Stupor Bowl by a punt pass and kick competition.

@ . . .
    Someone should code a pie filter for this board.

Are all of your posts going to be devoted to pointing out the lack of class on the part of the Gophers when a) their game day crew shows replays, or b) their fans express disdain for shootouts? Given the NCAA doesn't care and the WCHA standings were locked in before yesterday's shootout, there wasn't much riding on it other than the chance to go through the handshake line with the glow of victory. But if it makes you feel better, by all means, celebrate your great triumph and cast aspersions on Minnesota's absence of class.

For all we know, GopherBadger could be one of those "additional logins" you mentioned in the poll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    For all we know, GopherBadger could be one of those "additional logins" you mentioned in the poll thread.
    I make a point of never responding to my own aliases.

I make a point of never responding to my own aliases.
    Oh you would want us to think that...

So Minnesota wins the meaningless extra participating trophy today. Not a fan. In spite of my expressed displeasure with #18 (very skilled player, admittedly without the other stuff) two very good games this weekend.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Double-tie split series, split shootout results...cue the music! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJtaCryzL20

Thread Information