This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

I don't feel like waiting for the official UW release.

http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1617/201703/mar2kaz.php

One step closer for Ms. Desbiens.....

Actually, now that it's available, I'll include the link. The article sums up her year pretty well.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...-finalist.aspx
    Last edited by Badger Booster; 03-02-2017, 02:48 PM. Reason: Added UW link

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Interesting theory....the only question is why was Bradshaw then shoveling money out of his pocket like he was bailing out a sinking boat last Friday?
      He has an over-developed sense of right and wrong? The exception that proves the rule? His brownie kicked in?

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        It sounds as good as any other theory I've ever heard. Either some monetary influence as you say or something to do with their eyesight.
        If they had one more eye they would be cyclopes. If they had one more sense they would be Helen Keller.

Thanks Dave!

Comment

Not surprisingly, Badgers had nice representation in the WCHA Yearly Awards

First Team:
          Desbiens, Pankowski and Ryan
          (Little strange Morin gets Defensive POY and on 2nd team)

Second Team:
          Nurse

Third Team:
          Clark

All-Rookie Team
          Roque & Steffen

Rookie of the Year:
          Abby Roque

"Goaltending Champion":
          Ann-Renee Desbiens

Nurse's strong February probably got her up to the 2nd team over Clark. Ryan has had a very solid senior year, but not exactly sure how Morin isn't on the first team based on being DPOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post

First Team:

Second Team:
            Nurse

Third Team:
            Clark

All-Rookie Team
            Roque & Steffen

Rookie of the Year:
            Abby Roque

"Goaltending Champion":
            Ann-Renee Desbiens

Nurse's strong February probably got her up to the 2nd team over Clark. Ryan has had a very solid senior year, but not exactly sure how Morin isn't on the first team based on being DPOY.
            I would have flipped Nurse and Clark. The eye test says Clark has more impact on a game than Nurse. Roque is certainly a Clark clone in that regards, with even more flash. Roque is on track to be a PK candidate.

UW needs to win today to keep the sue out of the ncaa's.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UW needs to win today to keep the sue out of the ncaa's.
              I guarantee that Wisconsin will not lose to North Dakota today...mainly because they play tomorrow.
              Last edited by Badger Booster; 03-03-2017, 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I guarantee that Wisconsin will not lose to North Dakota today...mainly because they play tomorrow.
                Hahahaha, I'm such a dope! I was convinced they played today for some reason. Was the final 4 Friday/Sat in the past? I distinctly recall going home a little early to watch the balance of the semi game on Friday.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

First Team:

Second Team:
                  Nurse

Third Team:
                  Clark

All-Rookie Team
                  Roque & Steffen

Rookie of the Year:
                  Abby Roque

"Goaltending Champion":
                  Ann-Renee Desbiens

How Morin is the Defensive Player of the Year and on the 2nd team is beyond me. Honestly and with all due respect to Morin, Desbiens is the Defensive Player of the Year. How can she not be? Unsolved Mysteries!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    How Morin is the Defensive Player of the Year and on the 2nd team is beyond me. Honestly and with all due respect to Morin, Desbiens is the Defensive Player of the Year. How can she not be? Unsolved Mysteries!
                    could it be that the WCHA refs pick these awards?
                    FWIW, last year the defensive player of the year was selected as the third team All WCHA - Ivana Bilic

At first I thought it was odd too, but:
                    Minnesota can't get mad that Stecklein wasn't selected DPOY, she made first team WCHA
                    Wisconsin can't get mad that Ryan wasn't selected DPOY, she made first team WCHA
                    UMD can't get mad Morin didn't make first team, she was the defensive player of the year.
                    this year it ranks up there with the wisdom of Solomon threatening to chop the baby in half.
                    They figured out how to split it three ways

It seems odd to me that they don't select an offensive POY, they haven't for at least the last three years.

Comment

Was the final 4 Friday/Sat in the past? I distinctly recall going home a little early to watch the balance of the semi game on Friday.
                      Yes, but not as often as I thought.

2006 through 2010, Saturday and Sunday

2011 through 2014, Friday and Saturday

2015 and 2016, Saturday and Sunday

(prior to 2006, all teams in one city for a multi-day tournament)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        (prior to 2006, all teams in one city for a multi-day tournament)
                        There were at least two season during that stretch where only the top five (out of seven) made the playoffs. The 4th and 5th seeds played what amounted to a play-in game on Thursday with the semifinals on Friday.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I attended the first of the tournaments, at the Bloomington Ice Garden. All 7 teams participated. IIRC, the format was Thursday through Saturday. Quarterfinals on Thursday with the top team getting a bye.

Comment

WCHA Semi-Final News/Notes/Video vs. North Dakota

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...x?path=whockey

It's a Great Day for Hockey. It stinks not being able to make the road trip up for the weekend. However, I did see that the band left this morning, which is very cool. Hopefully, the WCHA feed is decent.

Comment

The good news is that the game is being webcast through BTN2Go without needing any cable or BTN+ subscription (The feed on the WCHA website is a simulcast of the BTN2Go Feed), which means it is easy to watch via a Chromecast, Roku, etc,

The bad news is that it appears that BTN underestimated how much traffic they would get for the game, as after a few minutes of a very glitchy feed, it's now a Technical Difficulties slate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                The good news is that the game is being webcast through BTN2Go without needing any cable or BTN+ subscription (The feed on the WCHA website is a simulcast of the BTN2Go Feed), which means it is easy to watch via a Chromecast, Roku, etc,

The bad news is that it appears that BTN underestimated how much traffic they would get for the game, as after a few minutes of a very glitchy feed, it's now a Technical Difficulties slate.
                                Never had more than a couple of seconds of action. Now just dead. Completely unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X