This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Bad interference penalty in front of the net by UMD could have been called cross checking, too. 1-1 after two.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      So, what is it? Scoreless after one?
      Sorry, I forgot to post the score. That sucks that you are not able to pick up the game. 1-1 after 2 periods.

Badger goal was created by McKibbon. Put the initial shot on net between her legs and then followed up. Not convinced at all that the UMD player hit it her own net.

Badgers have gotten great energy from each line. Rooney is keeping them in the game. I'd like to think that continued pressure will result in another Badger goal. Ton of credit to UMD. Not sure how much gas they can possibly have left in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
        Sorry, I forgot to post the score. That sucks that you are not able to pick up the game. 1-1 after 2 periods.

Badger goal was created by McKibbon. Put the initial shot on net between her legs and then followed up. Not convinced at all that the UMD player hit it her own net.

Badgers have gotten great energy from each line. Rooney is keeping them in the game. I'd like to think that continued pressure will result in another Badger goal. Ton of credit to UMD. Not sure how much gas they can possibly have left in the tank.
        Are the 'Dogs playing better than yesterday? Are they looking bagged (yet?) after yesterday's game?

Comment

Quick goal by Pankowski! Floodgates may (or may not) open up from here.

Comment

2-1 Badgers. Great feed to Pankowski from Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Are the 'Dogs playing better than yesterday? Are they looking bagged (yet?) after yesterday's game?
              Clearly fatigued at this point. Rooney has been standing on her head.

Comment

• 2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

Here is a question though. Why do you guys care if the band shows up? The Badger band has not played any thing other than the school song all weekend long. Kind of a wasted trip for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

Here is a question though. Why do you guys care if the band shows up? The Badger band has not played any thing other than the school song all weekend long. Kind of a wasted trip for them.
                  I mentioned to the former Gopher band member seated next to me yesterday that it was nice to hear some different tunes at Ridder provided by the UMD band. I think they played Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing" at one point. It was very fine.

3-1 now.

Comment

2-1UW now on a nice tip by Pan.

Well, first, *because* they play the fight song.

Second, in a tournament setting like this, they don't get to do whatever they want; they have to trade off with the other band. If/when they are allowed to, I'm sure they play what they can of their normal songs (though I don't think I've ever heard the pep band play "Sing, Sing, Sing").

Third, they played the 'alma mater' after the awards were given out, and I know the girls on the team love it when they play that.

And fourth, (at least at the NCAA tournament I went to in Duluth) they play at pep rallies, etc, before the games.

Comment

congrats on the win

Saturday was some great hockey with a lot of suspense, I thought the title game would be closer, maybe even UMD winning.

Comment

... and as long as we're on the subject...

(I've mentioned this before, but it's that time again)

If all Robert Morris wants is somebody to play their fight song a couple times next week, they quite likely don't have to go hire a HS band to do it.

It is tradition at UW home football games for the UW band to play the other team's fight song; once at the pre-game pep rally performance, once pre-game inside the stadium, and once post-game. When they're playing the Gophers or Northwestern, et al, of course they don't need to go learn a new song, they already know those. But for non-conference games against smaller, less well-known schools, they still go learn the fight song and play it. So if Robert Morris contacts the right people and asks, I'm willing to bet that the pep band would do likewise.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          congrats on the win

Saturday was some great hockey with a lot of suspense, I thought the title game would be closer, maybe even UMD winning.
                          UMD likely tired from the previous day's marathon. Schedule was not in their favor. Having said that, Badgers are just a deeper, more talented team.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            Well, first, *because* they play the fight song.

Second, in a tournament setting like this, they don't get to do whatever they want; they have to trade off with the other band. If/when they are allowed to, I'm sure they play what they can of their normal songs (though I don't think I've ever heard the pep band play "Sing, Sing, Sing").

Third, they played the 'alma mater' after the awards were given out, and I know the girls on the team love it when they play that.

And fourth, (at least at the NCAA tournament I went to in Duluth) they play at pep rallies, etc, before the games.
                            But they didn't trade off. They literally never played a song except for the periods and goals. It was disappointing because they are fun band
                            Last edited by ne7minder; 03-05-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                              I mentioned to the former Gopher band member seated next to me yesterday that it was nice to hear some different tunes at Ridder provided by the UMD band. I think they played Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing" at one point. It was very fine.

3-1 now.
                              I know, it is great when the bands play alternately. I don't recall UMD playing 'Sing' but I know UM band does.

Comment

I know, it is great when the bands play alternately. I don't recall UMD playing 'Sing' but I know UM band does.
                                It may have been the UM band that played "Sing." They were going back and forth and it was enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X