X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Call It View Post
    Hey Timothy, how do you feel about ARD getting Third Star of the game. despite having shotout? She played very very well
    I could care less about who gets X amount of stars and who doesn't (or who is blah blah blah player of the week). What is this, 3rd grade? Like the star allocation is totally objective anyway.

I think this team is more talented up front than the last 2 years for sure, but the D play after the last 2 weekends has me a bit worried.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
      So Frosty is going to pull another rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs...I heard Camernesi has been skating & will be back for the playoffs! Anyone confirm that?
      Your handle makes my eyes bleed. Go find the UW/UM joint thread and enjoy yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
        So Frosty is going to pull another rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs...I heard Camernesi has been skating & will be back for the playoffs! Anyone confirm that?
        Stop that.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Stop that.
          In 2004, the Gophers announced in January that Darwitz was done for the season. In March, she scored a hat trick in the FF final. Never say never.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I could care less about who gets X amount of stars and who doesn't (or who is blah blah blah player of the week).
            Did you do that just to bait me?
            You are spot on about the rest of it. Star of the game is manipulated to whatever they want, the WCHA player of the week is often more about the opponent than the play but it does allow the WCHA to issue a press release so I guess that is a positive for the game

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              In 2004, the Gophers announced in January that Darwitz was done for the season. In March, she scored a hat trick in the FF final. Never say never.
              So . . . like his stashing . . . this is a regular evil Frost ploy? You know he used to have that little soul patch, maybe it was really the evil goatee and T3 and TA never noticed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                Did you do that just to bait me?
                "I could care less about who gets the X...." Seriously, what is wrong with that?

Roque did grow up playing boys hockey in MI, so maybe that gives her a rough edge, she probably took a lot of crap in HS, I don't know. She is tenacious and creative, like said somewhere else, I hope the quasi chippiness mature away but doesn't mute that hard nosed edge that makes her who she is.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Really, I had no idea. What a crappy ploy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    "I could care less about who gets the X...." Seriously, what is wrong with that
                    You are in essence saying you do care. If you couldn't care less than you don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                      You are in essence saying you do care. If you couldn't care less than you don't care.
                      It's almost to the point of feeling bad for Timothy... Almost.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Roque did grow up playing boys hockey in MI, so maybe that gives her a rough edge, she probably took a lot of crap in HS, I don't know. She is tenacious and creative, like said somewhere else, I hope the quasi chippiness mature away but doesn't mute that hard nosed edge that makes her who she is.
                        LOL this came up in MJ's press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                          "Almost nobody ever uses the phrase "I could care less" to mean "I care a lot, and potentially could care a lesser amount than now". In order to convey that meaning you'd have to emphasize the could or something. In normal speech "I could care less" means "I couldn't care less". –Aug 13, 2010
                          expressions - Which is correct: "could care less" or "couldn't care less ...
                          english.stackexchange.com/.../706/which-is-correct-could-care-less-or-couldnt-care-less"

So there! Straight from the web, so obviously it's correct and true. Obviously I'm not smart enough to make this stuff up, right?

Comment

Obviously I'm not smart enough to make this stuff up, right?
                            I had a roommate in college from Ellsworth that was somewhat "grammatically challenged" shall we say. We got along very well and I never corrected him, but I would just say to myself, "he's from Wisconsin so..."

Oh and he was 6'3'' by the way.
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Grace Bowlby was first team all Metro and Breanna Blesi was second team all Metro, her goaltending mate was first team.

Comment

Grace Bowlby was first team all Metro and Breanna Blesi was second team all Metro, her goaltending mate was first team.
                                and a WI girl was second team, a Gopher recruit
                                last girl from WI to play for the Gophers won three NC$$

just thought you'd want that mentioned so you can take pride in the girls from your state

Comment

Working...
                                X