X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    The referee should have called coincidental minors on that play. Kolstad was only defending herself and likely frustrated at some of the missed calls on the Badgers.
    LOL! Defending her punching everything she could reach to seal the fate of the Sue is classic! Other than that I thought the Sue played a relatively clean, solid game. Have a safe trip back to the beautiful town of Grand Forks!

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
      LOL! Defending her punching everything she could reach to seal the fate of the Sue is classic! Other than that I thought the Sue played a relatively clean, solid game. Have a safe trip back to the beautiful town of Grand Forks!
      I believe the referees sealed the faith of the Fighting Hawks when they didn't call that tripping penalty behind the Badger net moments before they scored the winner.

Comment

I believe the referees sealed the faith of the Fighting Hawks when they didn't call that tripping penalty behind the Badger net moments before they scored the winner.
        Truly a horrible non-call that quite possibly changed the outcome of the game.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

WCHA Championship News/Notes vs. UMD

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...mpionship.aspx

I knew Stalder didn't play in Madison, but totally forgot that Desbiens didn't play up in Duluth. Makes for a very interesting story line. Badgers should have an edge in stamina with their depth and the fact the Bulldogs had to skate for well over 80 minutes just 18 hours ago or so. But UMD has to be looking for some payback after Wisconsin rolled over them on Senior Day a couple of weeks ago, especially since they are now playing with a full roster.

Goals have been at a premium so far in this tournament and I fully expect the same today. With both teams seemingly locked and loaded for NCAA home games next weekend, they can just go out and play today.

Really glad that this game is on Fox Sports North/Wisconsin. This way I don't have to hope that the feed doesn't cut in and out all game.

Comment

Regardless, Kolstad put the final nail in their own coffin taking the definition of an ill-advised penalty. When your season is on the line, your team on the power play playing 6-on-4 in the final 90+ seconds of the game, you simply cannot turn around and hit someone high no matter how frustrated you are. Best case scenario was matching penalties (though I don't know what the Badger penalty would have been) and worst case was exactly what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Truly a horrible non-call that quite possibly changed the outcome of the game.
              Don't fall into the trap of assigning disproportionate influence to things that happen late in games rather than early. The refs let a lot of stuff go uncalled, both ways. They didn't call UND for a blatant interference that negated a Badger 2-on-1 in the first period that had just as great a likelihood of affecting the outcome of the game as the trip not called near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Don't fall into the trap of assigning disproportionate influence to things that happen late in games rather than early. The refs let a lot of stuff go uncalled, both ways. They didn't call UND for a blatant interference that negated a Badger 2-on-1 in the first period that had just as great a likelihood of affecting the outcome of the game as the trip not called near the end.
                You are right, that one should have been called too. Not defending UND, but the failure by the referees to call one of the most obvious trips you'll ever see negated would have been an extended 6 on 3 advantage (with the goalie pulled) at a time when the next goal likely would have won it.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  You are right, that one should have been called too. Not defending UND, but the failure by the referees to call one of the most obvious trips you'll ever see negated would have been an extended 6 on 3 advantage (with the goalie pulled) at a time when the next goal likely would have won it.
                  And if the refs had called that interference, the trippung might not have mattered. A call/noncall at the end of the game is not more important just because of the timing.

Comment

It's currently the Maddie Rooney show. Badgers putting a ton of pressure (19 SOG), but haven't solved her yet. Credit Stalder for dropping back to defense and being a force. We'll see if UMD can keep up this pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      It's currently the Maddie Rooney show. Badgers putting a ton of pressure (19 SOG), but haven't solved her yet. Credit Stalder for dropping back to defense and being a force. We'll see if UMD can keep up this pace.
                      So, what is it? Scoreless after one?

Comment

1st period quote by Natalie Darwitz responding to a UMD player laying out in front of the net to stop a pass by Wellhausen on a 2 on 1 break: "That's what it takes win championships. It starts with defense first."
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          Scoreles after one. UMD scores on a PP in the second, on a shot that wasn't even on-net, but deflected off a D player's leg, and got past Desbiens. 1-0, at halftime.

Comment

Tied now deflected off UMD player.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-05-2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: Tied up

Comment

Two deflections each off a defending player. That squares it up.

Thanks guys for keeping me posted. Please keep updating. Thanks.

Comment

Two deflections each off a defending player. That squares it up.

Thanks guys for keeping me posted. Please keep updating. Thanks.
                                Will do. After almost 8 hours at Ridder yesterday we decided to stay home and watch the game on FSN. The beer is better than the hot chocolate anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X