This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Actually, I tend to agree with you on that. I didn't think it was a great call, but I wasn't shocked when it's right in front of the net. I thought Gardner made a good play, but what do you do?
    I saw the BTN feed, and they had a great look at it. It was a trip, no debate necessary. Gardner got her stick blade right under the Clarkson player's skate blade (from the stick motion, not an inadvertent instance of stepping on a stick). She tried again, and hooked the front/top of the Clarkson player's foot.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Someday I'll watch the dvr'ed game to see how it played out from the overhead perspective. We sat behind the UW goal near the band, so I'm lacking perspective of how UW played in the O zone the 1st and 3rd period.

It's a shame the 2nd and 3rd lines kinda melted away the last part of the season. Norby went stone cold and Roque didn't generate chances like she did early in the season.

Our UW clothing sure got us a lot of comments about the men's bb team at stores and restaurants in IL and MO.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        We sat behind the UW goal near the band, so I'm lacking perspective of how UW played in the O zone the 1st and 3rd period.
        Was that you hanging out with "The Green Guy"?

Comment

Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
          Was that you hanging out with "The Green Guy"?
          Um, no. That was kinda gross for awhile.

Comment

Um, no. That was kinda gross for awhile.
            Yeah - He took "Being comfortable with your body" a bit too far.

Comment

Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
              Yeah - He took "Being comfortable with your body" a bit too far.

(Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about? I'm guessing "good thing"..)

Comment

It was a kid from Clarkson dressed literally head to toe in a green nylon - think faceless superhero costume, without the underwear on the outside. I think (hope) he was packing a sock.

Other than the trying to avoid looking in some not-so-strategic areas aspect, he was pretty fun. I was a little disappointed that the arena staff made him take down his hood/mask around the start of the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                  It was a kid from Clarkson dressed literally head to toe in a green nylon - think faceless superhero costume, without the underwear on the outside. I think (hope) he was packing a sock.

Other than the trying to avoid looking in some not-so-strategic areas aspect, he was pretty fun. I was a little disappointed that the arena staff made him take down his hood/mask around the start of the 3rd.
                  Oh. He was outside as part of the crowd for Clarkson's "red carpet" arrival, and I know he was over near the UW band (I assumed trying to annoy them, etc). But beyond that, I didn't really pay any attention... I was watching a hockey game in which I had a significant rooting interest.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Oh. He was outside as part of the crowd for Clarkson's "red carpet" arrival, and I know he was over near the UW band (I assumed trying to annoy them, etc). But beyond that, I didn't really pay any attention... I was watching a hockey game in which I had a significant rooting interest.
                    Between the 2nd and 3rd period the green dude and the UW dude mocking him were a little raunchy.

Comment

It's a shame the 2nd and 3rd lines kinda melted away the last part of the season. Norby went stone cold and Roque didn't generate chances like she did early in the season.
                      after the semifinal, and the way Clarkson's 2nd & 3rd line were outplayed, I figured for sure the Badgers were going to chew them up and spit them out
                      not so sure you can blame the loss on the 2nd & 3rd lines though

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        after the semifinal, and the way Clarkson's 2nd & 3rd line were outplayed, I figured for sure the Badgers were going to chew them up and spit them out
                        not so sure you can blame the loss on the 2nd & 3rd lines though
                        The second/third lines comment is in regards to maybe the last 3rd of the games in general. I don't blame anyone for the loss to Clarkson except Clarkson.

Comment

The second/third lines comment is in regards to maybe the last 3rd of the games in general. I don't blame anyone for the loss to Clarkson except Clarkson.
                          Over the last 10 games of the season the second and third lines scored 12 goals combined. 8 of those goals were scored by 2nd liner McKibbon (4), and 3rd liner Wellhausen (4). Although I believe that 3 of McKibbons goals were scored on the Power Play. So goals were scored just not timely goals. As far as the team goes it's a shame that the season ended the way it did but, what a season it was! A very, very talented group that was so much fun to watch. The effort was there in the last game no doubt. Just couldn't get one to go in the net.
                          Last edited by rangersrule; 03-21-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Timothy A;6468912]

"It's a shame the 2nd and 3rd lines kinda melted away the last part of the season. Norby went stone cold and Roque didn't generate chances like she did early in the season."

I thought they second and 3rd lines controlled most of the play when they were out there. I mentioned a month ago on the blog that when they moved Nurse to the first line that that line had to produce. While the young kids do need to step it up, I find it an odd conclusion that you look to the 2nd and 3rd lines. The first line had zero goals, and one assist the entire weekend. They went 0-6 on the power play and took 2 penalties compared to the 2nd and 3rd lines zero. The first line plays more, is on first team power play, first team penalty kill and with 9 tv timeouts usually go back out on to the ice for back to back shifts even it they were just out. I believe that group of girls had plenty of opportunity to contribute to the scoresheet. I highly doubt it if Potomak, Brandt and Kessel went scoreless in the final four that gopher fans would be blaming the second and 3rd lines. In fact, last year in the Final Four Minnesota had 6 goals in 2 games, their first line had 5 of them and a D scored the other. The first line has been to 4 final fours and won one Final Four game in 4 years. Perhaps the young ghosts can surpass that, after all they only need one more win in the final four the next 3 years to do so.
                            Last edited by upfromtheminors; 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Controlling play = 0 goals. Without the 2nd and 3rd lines scoring this last weekend or in the games @ UM, UW is just another very good team and not a great team.

Comment

Controlling play = 0 goals. Without the 2nd and 3rd lines scoring this last weekend or in the games @ UM, UW is just another very good team and not a great team.
                                Clarkson's top 4 scorer's had 6 goals and 7 seven assists this weekend and the 7th goal was scored by a Defensemen. I wonder how Clarkson one a National Championship without their second and third lines scoring at all, confusing?

Comment

Working...
                                X