Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Allowing some 70 shots on the weekend is horrible. Without ARD it's a rodent sweep.

UW missed the net far too often on decent chances. Pankowski had a great look blocker high with some time and missed the net by a foot. Clark also had a dandy longer range backside chance early in the first that somehow didn't go in.

I don't think Rowe looked that great today.

At least being able to run 3 lines and spot Mauermann and Johnson they can play deep into OT's if needed.

I look forward to the games at home this weekend, I love being at the rink.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Allowing some 70 shots on the weekend is horrible. Without ARD it's a rodent sweep.
    Hey Timothy, how do you feel about ARD getting Third Star of the game. despite having shotout? She played very very well

Saw the games this weekend and the first question is, can Peters play like that all the time? If she does, this one is going down to the wire again. Second, Minnesota has won all of their National Championships with goaltending and their first line producing a lot! Frost stacks up the first line with his best and they haven't let him down when it counts in years. Wisco, has now done the same thing and needs that line to produce or Wisco will fall short again. The badgers definitely have more depth they need a clean game to be played with a low penalty count. While running your top players out there for every power play and penalty may seem like an advantage, besides Clark, I am not sure the other 3 are built to play that many minutes and be remain effective. And in turn, it takes away Wisco's depth. Just by the eye test the badgers look like the better team with their team speed and will #18 keep her cool when it counts? Does, anyone know if the first round games can be found on tv or streaming?

So Frosty is going to pull another rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs...I heard Camernesi has been skating & will be back for the playoffs! Anyone confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    So Frosty is going to pull another rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs...I heard Camernesi has been skating & will be back for the playoffs! Anyone confirm that?
    Don't know for sure but this might happen to certain Badger posters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzsxlXVYGY
    I apologize for nothing... TimothyA

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Call It View Post
    Hey Timothy, how do you feel about ARD getting Third Star of the game. despite having shotout? She played very very well
    I could care less about who gets X amount of stars and who doesn't (or who is blah blah blah player of the week). What is this, 3rd grade? Like the star allocation is totally objective anyway.

I think this team is more talented up front than the last 2 years for sure, but the D play after the last 2 weekends has me a bit worried.

Let's go RED!

Your handle makes my eyes bleed. Go find the UW/UM joint thread and enjoy yourself.

Stop that.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Stop that.
    In 2004, the Gophers announced in January that Darwitz was done for the season. In March, she scored a hat trick in the FF final. Never say never.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

I could care less about who gets X amount of stars and who doesn't (or who is blah blah blah player of the week).
    Did you do that just to bait me?
    You are spot on about the rest of it. Star of the game is manipulated to whatever they want, the WCHA player of the week is often more about the opponent than the play but it does allow the WCHA to issue a press release so I guess that is a positive for the game

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    In 2004, the Gophers announced in January that Darwitz was done for the season. In March, she scored a hat trick in the FF final. Never say never.
    So . . . like his stashing . . . this is a regular evil Frost ploy? You know he used to have that little soul patch, maybe it was really the evil goatee and T3 and TA never noticed!!!

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Did you do that just to bait me?
    "I could care less about who gets the X...." Seriously, what is wrong with that?

Roque did grow up playing boys hockey in MI, so maybe that gives her a rough edge, she probably took a lot of crap in HS, I don't know. She is tenacious and creative, like said somewhere else, I hope the quasi chippiness mature away but doesn't mute that hard nosed edge that makes her who she is.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Really, I had no idea. What a crappy ploy.

Hockey Fan
    "I could care less about who gets the X...." Seriously, what is wrong with that
    You are in essence saying you do care. If you couldn't care less than you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    You are in essence saying you do care. If you couldn't care less than you don't care.
    It's almost to the point of feeling bad for Timothy... Almost.
    I apologize for nothing... TimothyA

Let's go RED!

Roque did grow up playing boys hockey in MI, so maybe that gives her a rough edge, she probably took a lot of crap in HS, I don't know. She is tenacious and creative, like said somewhere else, I hope the quasi chippiness mature away but doesn't mute that hard nosed edge that makes her who she is.
    LOL this came up in MJ's press conference.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    "Almost nobody ever uses the phrase "I could care less" to mean "I care a lot, and potentially could care a lesser amount than now". In order to convey that meaning you'd have to emphasize the could or something. In normal speech "I could care less" means "I couldn't care less". –Aug 13, 2010
    expressions - Which is correct: "could care less" or "couldn't care less ...
    english.stackexchange.com/.../706/which-is-correct-could-care-less-or-couldnt-care-less"

So there! Straight from the web, so obviously it's correct and true. Obviously I'm not smart enough to make this stuff up, right?

Obviously I'm not smart enough to make this stuff up, right?
    I had a roommate in college from Ellsworth that was somewhat "grammatically challenged" shall we say. We got along very well and I never corrected him, but I would just say to myself, "he's from Wisconsin so..."

Oh and he was 6'3'' by the way.

Let's go RED!

Grace Bowlby was first team all Metro and Breanna Blesi was second team all Metro, her goaltending mate was first team.

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping brookeyone move to Canada

Grace Bowlby was first team all Metro and Breanna Blesi was second team all Metro, her goaltending mate was first team.
    and a WI girl was second team, a Gopher recruit
    last girl from WI to play for the Gophers won three NC$$

just thought you'd want that mentioned so you can take pride in the girls from your state

Thread Information