Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    If by AHL you mean folding then sure.

Before anyone starts a pity party, I will shed no tears if the Aces do indeed fold.
    Aaaaaaaand, they're gone. Pulled the trigger and are ceasing operations at the end of the year.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Aaaaaaaand, they're gone. Pulled the trigger and are ceasing operations at the end of the year.
      Like I said, no tears from me. The idiots who owned the team are getting what they deserve, sucks they're dragging down a bunch of people with them.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Just what some newly acquired Red Wing will need for his family.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...37391116-story
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Vancouver with a possible mumps outbreak. Stecher confirmed, several others with symptoms. Yikes.

Also, Chicago pays a 3rd for Jurco. Lolololololololol

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Also, Chicago pays a 3rd for Jurco. Lolololololololol
            Rumor has it he didn't like playing for Blashill, so an obvious move. Probably a bit of overpayment by the Hawks, but if they can turn him into another Panik, they'll have the last laugh I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Rumor has it he didn't like playing for Blashill, so an obvious move. Probably a bit of overpayment by the Hawks, but if they can turn him into another Panik, they'll have the last laugh I guess.
              Oh, I agree with all of that. He's likely got the skills and talent to be a nice player for Chicago, but he needed a change of scenery. It wasn't doing anybody any good for him to be in the ClearyCabana most nights.

Comment

There's a loose analogy to the acquisition of Anisimov, who's clearly prospered from the change of scenery and the chance to play with Panarin. I'm sure the hope is that with Panik and Hossa on the roster, the value of the "Slovak Group" will exceed the sum of its parts.

You might be interested to know that the Chicago Tribune has reported that during practice, Jurco was put on a line with Hossa and Marcus Kruger. Whether that line appears in game competition remains to seen. But should that turn into an effective third unit, it's a good trade.

Granted, if Jurco winds up just being an insurance policy, used only in case of injuries, the value is much more doubtful. Still, the value of a third round pick is also speculative. Bowman's track record on this kind of deal is pretty good. I'm willing to buy in and say this one was worth a try.

Comment

TB sending Bishop to the Kings. Final details being sorted, but sounds like maybe a swap of picks, Bishop for Budaj and a prospect back to TB.

Comment

Bishop + 5th to the Kings.

Budaj, Cernak (Defense prospect, 2nd (43) in 2015 draft, a 7th and a conditional pick to Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Bishop + 5th to the Kings.

Budaj, Cernak (Defense prospect, 2nd (43) in 2015 draft, a 7th and a conditional pick to Tampa.
                      It's been a long road for the Kings to replace Martin Jones, but i'm glad they finally got a starting goaltender to do so.

(Seriously, this trade makes no sense)
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Hanzal to the Wild for a 2017 first, 2018 second, and 2019 conditional.

EDIT: MN also gets Ryan White, and a 2017 fourth.

Comment

Vanek to the Habs per Maclean as the Wings appear to be waving the white flag

Edit: It's a three year old tweet. Derp.
                          Last edited by bronconick; 02-26-2017, 07:30 PM.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Hanzal to the Wild for a 2017 first, 2018 second, and 2019 conditional.

EDIT: MN also gets Ryan White, and a 2017 fourth.
                            Hanzal is certainly an above average player. But that far above average?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              It's been a long road for the Kings to replace Martin Jones, but i'm glad they finally got a starting goaltender to do so.

(Seriously, this trade makes no sense)
                              Well, I'd kinda tend to agree with you. I guess the Kings want an insurance policy seeing how Quick has been injured most of the year. Budaj is a decent, experienced backup... But it's hard to have to ride him to try and make a playoff run in the event Quick reinjures himself. Bishop gives them a second quality starter for the playoff chase.

From Tampa's side of things, they get for Bishop, since they very likely couldn't sign him after this season. The Kings won't sign him either, so the return to Tampa is reflecting the rental aspect of things.

Comment

Leafs get Brian Boyle from Tampa for Byron Froese and a pick. Beefing up for a playoff run.
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X