Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

St. Lose fires Ken Hitchcock.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

500 goals for Patrick Marleau.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Islanders to Hartford?

http://www.wfsb.com/story/34421877/c...e-ny-islanders

Comment

Hang on, what happened between the Islanders and the Barclays Center that caused them to terminate their contract? I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Hang on, what happened between the Islanders and the Barclays Center that caused them to terminate their contract? I missed that.
            Just send them to Vegas and be done with this expansion nonsense.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The BC owner could make more money with alternative events.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Just send them to Vegas and be done with this expansion nonsense.
                Quebec.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The Islanders moved to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn in 2015 after more than four decades at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. But the Islanders' future in Brooklyn is unclear and Bloomberg reported this week that the arena planned on booting the team after the 2018-19 season due to poor attendance and other issues.
                  http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...203-story.html

Comment

The attendance was too low for the Barclay's owners to turn a profit. Their contract with the Mighty Isle is to pay them $X per game, and with the Isle only drawing a little over 12K fans per game, one of the lowest in the league, and the BC group isn't turning a profit. The contract was written in such a way that either side could end it with sufficient notice. The Isle have a grace period for finding a new home.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I thought it was only in the discussion phase and the Barclay's Center owner hadn'the pulled the trigger yet.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hey JJAK, I heard the Aces are going AHL next year, that true?
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Hey JJAK, I heard the Aces are going AHL next year, that true?
                          I haven't heard anything and I can't see it happening unless Vancouver is that desperate and dumb.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I haven't heard anything and I can't see it happening unless Vancouver is that desperate and dumb.
                            Well.....
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              I thought it was only in the discussion phase and the Barclay's Center owner hadn'the pulled the trigger yet.
                              Bloomberg, and others, make it sound like it's all but a done deal.

After two years and countless complaints, Brooklyn’s Barclays Center has concluded it’s no longer worth it to host the New York Islanders.

The arena, which is already home to the NBA’s Nets and one of the world’s top-grossing concert venues, would make more money without the National Hockey League team, according to people familiar with the facility’s financials.

Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, who owns the building and the Nets, has since November been seeking an investor to take a stake in both. As of earlier this month, a financial projection shared with potential investors showed the Islanders won’t contribute any revenue after the 2018-19 season -- a clear signal that the team won’t play there, the people said.

Barclays Center wouldn’t speak to the future of the Islanders. Tim Leiweke, co-founder of Oak View Group, which has been advising the hockey team in talks with the arena, declined to comment, as did a spokesman for Islanders owners Jonathan Ledecky and Scott Malkin.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Well.....
                                I said that desperate and dumb.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X