Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    The Carolina Hurricanes had to have their equipment manager dress as backup goalie tonight in Tampa. He went in for the final 7-8 seconds. Pretty neat.
    This is how I thought most teams handled the "lose a goalie and our affiliate is a days worth travel away" scenario... Seems to happen a time or two per season. The Hawks signed a dude off the street in Philly this year when Crawford went down with appendicitis.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      This is how I thought most teams handled the "lose a goalie and our affiliate is a days worth travel away" scenario... Seems to happen a time or two per season. The Hawks signed a dude off the street in Philly this year when Crawford went down with appendicitis.
      Ya, I remember it coming up. It may be an option for some teams, but my gut feeling is that most don't have the option for a staff member to fill in as goalie.

Here's some good articles on it:

http://www.si.com/nhl/2014/11/18/emergency-backup-goalies-hockeys-worst-case-roster-shortage

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhls-emergency-goalies-live-on-edge/c-278299936

So, sounds like some teams could opt for a goalie coach (usually former pros signing a PTO) to fill in, or use a local fill in, which I believe most (all?) teams have a small list for in the event they need a practice guy.
      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 01-01-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Which is hilarious when these NHL teams that whined about this problem and moved their owned AHL clubs closer have this problem happen.

Though the new reason NHL clubs are moving their AHL teams closer seems to be in the name of "more practice."

I can't wait for that to backfire when these teams prospects don't develop game situation awareness.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well Toronto woke up for the 3rd

Comment

Thanks Steve Ott.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Thanks Steve Ott.
              Steve says you're welcome and that it was a planned delayed reaction

Comment

Wooden sticks for the D on PKs and late game situations.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Well Toronto woke up for the 3rd
                  But they fell asleep in the last minute. I'm getting too old for these overtime thrillers, but **** these kids are fun to watch.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Back home from Busch. That game was amazing and I don't care if the Winter Classic has lost its sparkle for the Hawks or anyone else, it's fantastic to be there on the ground. I'm so glad I was able to go and experience it. Also thanks to Super Nintendo Hjalmarsson's skate for the GWG. I choose to believe that Tarasenko did that on purpose.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

So this happened last night in the AHL:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/1/8...ng-in-the-rain

Have we officially jumped the shark yet?

Comment

No hockey talk in a week?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Watch the Leafs. Auston Matthews had another highlight film play.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Wild let Dallas tie the game after having the most dangerous lead in hockey (4 goals) and snuck out a win in the end with a late 3rd period goal.

Now they finally get to play Chicago. To be honest I hope they win but I hope fans don't put too much stock in a regular season game. iirc the Wild "owned" Chicago in the regular season a few seasons ago then proceeded to get worked by them in the playoffs.

I want to see a great game, but should they win no one should print any June schedules yet.

Comment

Another regular season win over Chicago for the Wild. Which means exactly nothing. Get it done in the playoffs.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Another regular season win over Chicago for the Wild. Which means exactly nothing. Get it done in the playoffs.
                                Scooby, is that you posting as JF?

Comment

Working...
                                X