Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Pretty sharp logo. Nice use of negative space to make the V.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

In a head scratching move, the Florida Panthers have fired head coach Gerard Gallant and replaced him with Tom Rowe.
      Last edited by joecct; 11-27-2016, 08:49 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        In a head scratching move, the Florida Panthers have fired head coach Gerard Gallant and replaced him with Tom Rowe.
        They also left him in North Carolina to find his own way home. Classy.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Former Temple U ACHA goalie gets a heck of a Christmas present
          http://www.thedailyjournal.com/story...time/94905614/

. Semborski came off the ice at work and Hanrahan told him to go home to the Manayunk neighborhood of Philadelphia and get his goalie gear.

He didn’t know if it was real or not until he saw his phone ring and the number was from Chicago. It was Blackhawks director of team services Tony Ommen telling him the Blackhawks would sign him to an amateur tryout and he’d back-up Scott Darling against the Flyers.

“Hit some traffic on (Route) 76, of course. I got here as fast as I could in my street clothes,” said Semborski, wearing sweatpants and a white long-sleeved Snider Hockey shirt. “I had no time to put on a tie.”

Semborski called his father, Joe, who lives in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, and turned 58 Saturday. The father didn’t believe his son about the crazy birthday present. When he got to Wells Fargo Center, Semborski immediately felt part of the team. Some of the Blackhawks joked about fining him for being late to the game.

“When I got there they put my number on the board and said I’m putting in $200 for the holiday party,” Semborski said. “That was pretty good. I told them, ‘You better take credit because that’s all I’ve got.’
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Former Temple U ACHA goalie gets a heck of a Christmas present
            http://www.thedailyjournal.com/story...time/94905614/
            This was an interesting afternoon for sure.

Now I thought that teams had this covered by having an equipment guy or someone with the team that could be brought in for something like this.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              This was an interesting afternoon for sure.

Now I thought that teams had this covered by having an equipment guy or someone with the team that could be brought in for something like this.
              Some may have that card in the deck, most likely don't. I'm somewhat surprised, the Blackhawks video coach (Matt Meacham) played D-3 as a goalie, though it's been probably close to 10 years since he played competitively.

Every team in the league has somebody like this arranged, who can be called upon for either team in the event they (or their opponent) needs an emergency goaltender. This would only come up if that team couldn't get their farm league player to the location in time (probably obvious, but just to make it clear).
              Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 12-03-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Simon Boisvert
                ‏@simonsnake70
                When @68Jagr plays against Patrick Laine next week, he will have played against guys born in 1951 (Lafleur, Robinson) and 1998 (Laine).
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

More from John Scott...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/john-scott-retirement/

Comment

No Viva Las Vegas. The US PTO has struck!!

http://www.tsn.ca/vegas-golden-knigh...nment-1.626523
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I live a few miles from the Verizon Center and in the Capitals DMA.

Why do I want to watch Toronto and Edmonton over any Caps game? Because the former are fun to watch and the Caps are all about Ovechkin.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A coolant system failure has forced the Canes to postpone tonight's game against the Wings.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          A coolant system failure has forced the Canes to postpone tonight's game against the Wings.
                          And the wonderful Detroit News has the headline: Start of Red Wings-Hurricanes game canceled

Just the start is canceled, not the whole game. Guess we're gonna throw the puck into a corner and put 12 minutes on the clock.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It knew that nobody wanted to watch the Wings play the Canes.

Comment

And the video board guy fired up a round of solitaire. He won.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1188081
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Both starting goaltenders in the Detroit-Tampa game have left due to injury. Howard is not putting any weight on his right leg as he exits.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X