Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

It worked out alright for Jordan Sigalet. He finished college, and his minor pro career was respectable, albeit short-lived. He's been a coach since.

Comment

Josh Harding didn't last more than a few seasons after his diagnosis.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Josh Harding didn't last more than a few seasons after his diagnosis.
        I agree, it's a crapshoot. He has to try and stay positive. Early diagnosis always helps.

Once it starts affecting his vision and coordination though, he's done.

Comment

My buddy had to quit playing out beer league team because he got an MS diagnosis after seeing a doctor about his leg going numb off an on (must be relapsing-remitting MS, but I never asked). He did use it as a catalyst to start ticking off bucket list items. First was to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I agree, it's a crapshoot. He has to try and stay positive. Early diagnosis always helps.

Once it starts affecting his vision and coordination though, he's done.
            I'll admit I don't know much about this disease. But if symptoms started showing up two years ago, is it really possible that this qualifies as an early diagnosis?

Or maybe time isn't the issue. Maybe by "early" we're referring to severity of the symptoms. In which case maybe Bryan's case really was caught early. Anyone have additional info on MS?

Comment

I believe it has to do with the severity of the symptoms. Not sure, though.

In Harding's case, what kept him out a lot was his reaction to the medicine. They struggled finding a good balance, if there is one.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Matt Calvert got 30 stitches in his forehead, then came back to score the game winner.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Matt Calvert got 30 stitches in his forehead, then came back to score the game winner.
                  He's a hockey player..... Big deal
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Do I hear the melodious sounds of "Lockout!" coming from Bettman's Walkman?

http://nypost.com/2016/11/19/nhl-usi...h-the-players/
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Rumored leak of the Las Vegas logo

Trademarked names are the Silver Nights, Golden Knights, and Desert Knights. Desert Knights is my favorite. This logo appears to rule out the Silver Knights.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Pretty nice, looks like they spent some money on the design.

Comment

The Golden Knights will sound good in Hamilton in 2024.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

One minute, and Las Vegas still sucks!

I was pulling for Silver Knights, but whatever.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I am in favor of the name, especially if the alma mater can squeeze some money out of them.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I am in favor of the name, especially if the alma mater can squeeze some money out of them.
                                You went to UCF?
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X