Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I see the ghost of Robert Moses as part of this.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...with-mets-help
    The irony would be incredible. The preliminary design of Citi Field included a dual use retail/residential space and an area for commercial development to include a new home for the Islanders. The funding was never figured out and the series of dominoes that fell eventually resulted in the Lighthouse Project and then when county bonds were voted down, the move to Barclay. How ironic if they finally wound up in exactly the space Wang envisioned but without him.

I don't give a crap as long as they stay on the physical island and they invest in talent.

Selfishly I have always wanted investment cross-fertilization between my only NY teams, if only since it might help shake the dying hand of the Wilponzis off my beloved Mets.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The irony would be incredible. The preliminary design of Citi Field included a dual use retail/residential space and an area for commercial development to include a new home for the Islanders. The funding was never figured out and the series of dominoes that fell eventually resulted in the Lighthouse Project and then when county bonds were voted down, the move to Barclay. How ironic if they finally wound up in exactly the space Wang envisioned but without him.

I don't give a crap as long as they stay on the physical island and they invest in talent.

Selfishly I have always wanted investment cross-fertilization between my only NY teams, if only since it might help shake the dying hand of the Wilponzis off my beloved Mets.
      Well, at the very least, it confirms NYCFC won't be building at that site...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Pretty dam good career. Respected by his peers. Has a couple rings. Congrats to him.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Well, maybe Belmont Park? My Godfather lived nearby in Floral Park.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ena-1.12080649
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Wild may be changing their goal celebration song.

http://m.startribune.com/wild-asks-f...azy/388459791/
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I hope they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I hope they do.
                Did you vote yet?

BTW, I just noticed your location. Waaayyy back I worked on a project that was to be built at the old Clark Air Base - never got funded, which was wise as the US was in the process of pulling military out of the Philippines at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Did you vote yet?

BTW, I just noticed your location. Waaayyy back I worked on a project that was to be built at the old Clark Air Base - never got funded, which was wise as the US was in the process of pulling military out of the Philippines at the time.
                  They're now coming back, but as I understand it in 4 or 5 other locations so whatever is left here won't grow. Plenty of aging leftovers though.

Comment

This... THIS is a "hostile and abusive" logo: http://deadspin.com/hey-come-look-at...-ap-1784447220
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      This... THIS is a "hostile and abusive" logo: http://deadspin.com/hey-come-look-at...-ap-1784447220
                      What I don't get is, if you're going to make such a "hostile and abusive" logo, why not make it, you know, good. The art is bad, the wordmark is bad, it's just all bad. It looks like what you might have seen the Indians or Braves wear in the 60s and 70s, not a modern sports logo.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        That's awful.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          What I don't get is, if you're going to make such a "hostile and abusive" logo, why not make it, you know, good. The art is bad, the wordmark is bad, it's just all bad. It looks like what you might have seen the Indians or Braves wear in the 60s and 70s, not a modern sports logo.
                          And they likely paid a guy to design it, too.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            The team's photo of their business manager on their website is very obviously a cell phone selfie. I'm not sure the average person--even hockey fan--understands how far down the totem pole this type of league is and how much of a shoe-string budget/fly-by-night operation it is.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Well that didn't take long: http://deadspin.com/hockey-teams-log...-da-1784529184
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Patrick Roy resigns from his role as Head Coach and VP of ops with the Avs. Sites need to have same vision and ability to make his choices, which wasn't happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X