Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's interesting because that's just not true of the players they have in the lineup.

Nino is good on the boards.
    Coyle should be good on the boards.
    Staal is good on the boards.
    White's numbers are that he's a puck monster. That's why they wanted him.
    Hanzal was picked up for this very reason.
    Suter is a machine at taking puck's away and keeping pucks. Horrible game yesterday by the way.
    Parise can play with less space than anyone in the league. He doesn't score unless he's in a phone booth.
    Koivu is good on the boards.

I'm not buying that they're not big enough or not physical enough. Just not. I heard this from someone over text all day during the game yesterday. It's bunk. They stopped skating. I saw one of St. Louis' Lumbering Rhino's beat the Wild's two speedy defensemen to the puck yesterday. Brodziak on Friday beat out an icing against the Wild's speed.

The Wild got lazy and stopped skating. Watch Pittsburgh play playoff hockey. They fly all over the place. That's how you beat slow big teams that clog the middle.
    Yeah, that analysis had me scratching my head as well--weak along the boards? Their cycle game throughout the season was pretty good, IMO. It's not like the Wild are totally unable to deal with the style of play that they're being forced into. They're generating plenty of offensive opportunities (more so than St Louis, I think). It's just that they're either bumbling those opportunities away before they fully materialize (saw this a lot yesterday) or they're simply unable to finish (two wrap around opportunities yesterday where Allen is easily beaten to the post, but both Zucker and Staal failed to bury them). St Louis is finishing a much higher percentage of their chances--some of it is inferior goal tending and some of it is superior shooting. Taken together, you have a quick series and impending tee times.

Edit: It's possible I'm giving the Wild too much credit when observing that they're generating more opportunities than St Louis. St Louis seems content to sit back even early in the game when they have a lead. So it's more relevant to only consider how they compare when the game is tied or when the Wild have the le...when the game is tied. In that case, it's probably been more even.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 04-17-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

There have been long stretches in all three games so far where Minnesota has just outclassed the Blues, but they were stopped by either great saves or failure to finish (see the two wraparounds shoved into the post last game). If Minnesota converted the same percentage of their chances that the Blues have managed to, the series would probably be 3-0 the other way. That said, the times the Wild have really pushed play, they were trailing.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

The third period of Leafs-Caps was ridiculously good. Leafs!!!

Crap call against the B's in OT.

I guess I have to watch the scoreless wonders now.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Canada is having a hell of a night so far.

Comment

That's 7 periods without a goal. None. Zippo. Nadda. Nothing. Goose-egg. Zero.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

You had one job Washington.

ONE. JOB.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Assuming the Islanders' price for their 4 Cups is a full century of futility (and if so I pay it gladly), I would like nothing better than to see Canada sweep all the remaining Cups in Bettman's lifetime. Extra credit if every one of those Cups is MTL or TOR, and no post-1990 franchise or relocation makes another final ever.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And the Chicagos continue to be en fuego.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    You had one job Washington.

ONE. JOB.
                    They're working on it.

BULLETIN: Blackhawks scored
                    Last edited by joecct; 04-17-2017, 09:50 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So that's what offense looks like, eh?

Also, Calgary isn't messing around tonight.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I would like nothing better than to see Canada sweep all the remaining Cups in Bettman's lifetime. Extra credit if every one of those Cups is MTL or TOR, and no post-1990 franchise or relocation makes another final ever.
                          I hate Betts, but you shut your godd*amn dirty mouth!

I'm OK with either EDM or WPG winning the Cup (I know WPG missed this year, again, as usual). They're like 'all grown up' versions of Houghton, especially the 'Peg.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-17-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I hate Betts, but you shut your godd*amn dirty mouth!

I'm OK with either EDM or WPG winning the Cup (I know WPG missed this year, again, as usual). They're like 'all grown up' versions of Houghton, especially the 'Peg.
                            Wouldn't mind Calgary winning, my favorite LPer is from Calgary (ProtonJon.)
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And the Hawks find themselves in a 3-0 hole.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Toews (now with no goals in 12 straight playoff games) > Crosby

Comment

Working...
                                X