Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    USED, GODDAMMIT! Used, not utilized. "Utilized" is a word planted by the devil to sap our precious bodily fluids.

If there is one thing I would bequeath to my grandchildren, it would be a world without "utilize" in all its forms.
    The ized have it!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

USED, GODDAMMIT! Used, not utilized. "Utilized" is a word planted by the devil to sap our precious bodily fluids.

If there is one thing I would bequeath to my grandchildren, it would be a world without "utilize" in all its forms.
      Does "moist" also draw your ire?

Some quick Google-ing shows that you're not alone in your hate of that word.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Absolutely. A large, flat roof of an arena would be ideal for a solar farm. Of course the payback is likely to be ~30-40 years based on current energy costs. We are often tasked to design for solar panels on the buildings we design. The only entities who end up putting the panels in are public ones who are spending tax payer dollars instead of their own due to the payback or ROI. If electricity costs are higher in the desert, it may pay. They obviously get much higher output in the desert than we do here in cloudy MN so a small increase in rates could swing it to profitability.
        About what I figured (and witnessed). I've been keeping an eye on this project. That's where my quarter-megawatt guess came from.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

At the end of the day, we must leverage our language skillset to provide value-added synergy to the English knowledge base.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            At the end of the day, we must leverage our language skillset to provide value-added synergy to the English knowledge base.
            Eschew sesquipedalian obfuscation.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If you ask me about my Windows computer, I'm going to hit you with a shovel.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Absolutely. Holistically speaking it's a win-win that will maximize core competency if we align all the moving parts and get all our ducks in a row. Time to think outside the box and let's make hay.

(Yes, I've heard every one of those used probably this week alone)

Comment

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html
                  or
                  http://projects.wsj.com/buzzwords201...C29%7C%7C2%7C1

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Getting back on topic.... Pretty classy move by the Penguins at the celebration. Wonder why Steigerwald didn't try to say his name?
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Eschew sesquipedalian obfuscation.
                      Very nice.

Whether this is yours or not I've just stolen it.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How do you say yinzer in Punjabi?

Comment

Primanti Bros is so grossly overrated, their signature sandwich is really bland. It's too bad that Punjabi boys didn't experience someplace tasty.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Primanti Bros is so grossly overrated, their signature sandwich is really bland. It's too bad that Punjabi boys didn't experience someplace tasty.
                            Agreed. Made it a point to go there during the frozen four a few years back. Lame. Immediately wished I had spent those couple hours doing anything else.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

It's official: Datsyuk to Russia.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Looks like Strombo's out on HNIC. Cue the happy dance!

George Stroumboulopoulos won’t return as host of Hockey Night in Canada next season, sources tell the Star.

His replacement will be the man he replaced. Industry insiders say Ron MacLean is expected to return to the show’s No. 1 seat just two seasons after Stroumboulopoulos was hired with much fanfare in the wake of Rogers’ $5.2-billion acquisition of NHL broadcasting rights. Prior to that, MacLean occupied the job from 1986 until 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X