Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    I wonder if/when the hammer will fall on Blashill.
    Unless he bolts West. There is one (maybe 2) openings within an hours drive.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      I wonder if/when the hammer will fall on Blashill.
      Not this season. I think it depends on what he does with the kids from Grand Rapids next season. Ken Holland needs to do more than just sign some patchwork FA's, jam his fingers in his ears, and pretend it's 2003.

Quite telling last night was that Ken Holland was not present on the ice surface for the farewell at the Joe. He was also absent from the box seats until halfway through the farewell. The crowd broke into a "Come home Steve-ee!" chant during Steve Yzerman's speech last night. And Ken Holland was but a mere footnote during Scotty Bowman's speech.

Listening to 97.1 leaving Detroit last night, they noted those same issues, and felt that Steve hat tipped his hand slightly during his speech eluding to wanting to come home.

At first I wasn't so sure, but thinking back, Steve sure had a lot of awkward pauses and moments where he had to gather his thoughts. I know the moment was a lot for the guys, but there seemed to be *something* to his thoughts.

And Gary Bettman was in the building. Sitting with the Ilitch family. And didn't get boo'd
      Last edited by aparch; 04-10-2017, 01:40 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Speaking of coaches, we have an opening. Is there anybody competent available to take their talents to Brooklyn?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Speaking of coaches, we have an opening. Is there anybody competent available to take their talents to Brooklyn?
          As long as Snow is buying the groceries it won't matter.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            As long as Snow is buying the groceries it won't matter.
            I don't know why the new owners didn't clean house. Now as it becomes obvious Barclays won't be the permanent home we're going to have to go back to the whole "Uniondale 2.0 or Mets' tenant?" opera, which probably ends in Kansas City.

You would think New York F-cking City would produce one white knight who liked hockey*. I mean, key-rist, I went to school with kids who were going to inherit their parents' Brazilian copper conglomerate. All I'm asking to get the Islanders back on their feet is 6, maybe 8 billion dollars.

* And yes, you would think the same thing for baseball.
            Last edited by Kepler; 04-10-2017, 02:10 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kings replace Sutter and Lombardi with Blake and Robitaiile in the front office
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I don't know why the new owners didn't clean house. Now as it becomes obvious Barclays won't be the permanent home we're going to have to go back to the whole "Uniondale 2.0 or Mets' tenant?" opera, which probably ends in Kansas City.

You would think New York F-cking City would produce one white knight who liked hockey*. I mean, key-rist, I went to school with kids who were going to inherit their parents' Brazilian copper conglomerate. All I'm asking to get the Islanders back on their feet is 6, maybe 8 billion dollars.

* And yes, you would think the same thing for baseball.
                If the Loonie gets healthy, I think Quebec.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

In keeping with my longstanding record of rarely having predicted the Stanley Cup winner, but nevertheless remaining unafraid to step out on a limb and saw it off behind me, I will take Chicago to beat Boston for the Cup. Anyone else care to offer a shot from the point as to the Cup winner?
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    In keeping with my longstanding record of rarely having predicted the Stanley Cup winner, but nevertheless remaining unafraid to step out on a limb and saw it off behind me, I will take Chicago to beat Boston for the Cup. Anyone else care to offer a shot from the point as to the Cup winner?
                    I put the Wild and Toronto in my Finals Bracket with the Wild winning. I of course live in La La Land so my prediction is purely fancy and not practical in any way.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                      It's been a while for me, but being from north of the border and all, it's Leafs and Oilers in a 7 game classic, won in OT in game 7 by Tyler Bozak!

Oh come on.....let the old man dream! I'd love to see Bettman and NBC pee themselves.

https://youtu.be/WHBp-1HrOfA
                      Last edited by SteveP; 04-11-2017, 03:16 PM.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

http://playerstribu.ne/TheJoe

Pretty, pretty good.

Comment

Blashill named coach for the IIHF's.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Let the best 2 months of the year begin!

Since I don't have a rooting interest for the first time in my NHL fan life, well... Hoping for multiple OT's and game 7's. And somebody other than Chicago raising the cup in June.

Comment

Bob McKenzie tweeted this AM that the Islanders are looking at Belmont Park as the location for their new barn.

oh horsesh_t!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Blues got away with the most blatant 6 Men On The Ice infraction that I've ever seen not get called.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X