Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

My last ever game at the Joe tonight. Lots of Wendell Clark jerseys here.

Comment

Flyers goalie Michael Neuvirth taken off ice on a stretcher...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        My last ever game at the Joe tonight. Lots of Wendell Clark jerseys here.
        And they lose 5-4.

I know the Wings need a right-handed D who can score goals and stick around for 20 years... but what else do the Red Wings need?

I'm glad the Wings are missing the playoffs this year. 2008 was a long time ago, and it appears that Holland was more content to merely make the playoffs as of late than build a contender for a deep Cup run.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          And they lose 5-4.

I know the Wings need a right-handed D who can score goals and stick around for 20 years... but what else do the Red Wings need?

I'm glad the Wings are missing the playoffs this year. 2008 was a long time ago, and it appears that Holland was more content to merely make the playoffs as of late than build a contender for a deep Cup run.
          Meh. It's a combination of factors, but ultimately Holland is just not in a position to throw money around anymore, and free agents have better options.

Scotty Bowman was asked to comment last week, and he didn't think they were all that far off from a resurgence to at least being a playoff team. I think he was being a bit generous.

I got dinner at Lafeyette Coney Island for the first time in years, so I won. Same surly "service" and terrible fries I remember, but by far the best coney dogs ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            And they lose 5-4.

- Unload Franzen on a team that needs to hit the salary floor.
            - Whisper in Kronwall's ear: "Du bör ge upp hockey som Osgood på Fox Sports Detroit färga kommentatorn."
            - Find some right handed defensemen. A Nick Lidstrom isn't walking through these doors for another 20 years, so I'd be happy with three who were here for five/six years each.
            - Resign themselves to overpaying for Shattenkirk and Del Zotto.
            - Whisper in Zetterberg's ear: "Den svenska maffian grepp är över. Hylla Hydra!"
            - Buy Riley Sheahan a whole chicken to sacrifice in the clubhouse. Or at least a bucket of KFC.
            - Sign AA to a contract extension. Mantha too.
            - Remind Dekyser to pull his head out of his a**.
            - If Howard AND Mrazak are still Red Wings after the Golden Nights draft, dump Mrazak. He'll likely return more. And Howard likely is done when his contract is up, sadly, due to injury. Either have faith in Coreau and find an AHL goalie to groom, or find a 1B/2 Guy. Bishop is a UFA.
            - Scribble "Swedish House Mafia Sucks" on the whiteboard.
            - Restock the Griffins.
            - Restock Toledo.
            - Admit that they're three years before being competitive again.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              - Unload Franzen on a team that needs to hit the salary floor.
              - Whisper in Kronwall's ear: "Du bör ge upp hockey som Osgood på Fox Sports Detroit färga kommentatorn."
              - Find some right handed defensemen. A Nick Lidstrom isn't walking through these doors for another 20 years, so I'd be happy with three who were here for five/six years each.
              - Resign themselves to overpaying for Shattenkirk and Del Zotto.
              - Whisper in Zetterberg's ear: "Den svenska maffian grepp är över. Hylla Hydra!"
              - Buy Riley Sheahan a whole chicken to sacrifice in the clubhouse. Or at least a bucket of KFC.
              - Sign AA to a contract extension. Mantha too.
              - Remind Dekyser to pull his head out of his a**.
              - If Howard AND Mrazak are still Red Wings after the Golden Nights draft, dump Mrazak. He'll likely return more. And Howard likely is done when his contract is up, sadly, due to injury. Either have faith in Coreau and find an AHL goalie to groom, or find a 1B/2 Guy. Bishop is a UFA.
              - Scribble "Swedish House Mafia Sucks" on the whiteboard.
              - Restock the Griffins.
              - Restock Toledo.
              - Admit that they're three years before being competitive again.
              I approve, other than overpaying for useless free agents. If we're going to suck, we should suck long and hard for those draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I got dinner at Lafeyette Coney Island for the first time in years, so I won. Same surly "service" and terrible fries I remember, but by far the best coney dogs ever.
                Heh, also did the same last Friday after the Lightning game (and after postgame at Cobo Joe's).

I also mostly approve of 'The Path to Success'.

Comment

As for Kronwall doing color, Ozzie is beloved in this town, despite spending a handful of years with STL and NYI. Not sure Kronner has that same charisma, or if he'd even want to stick around here if he wasn't playing hockey.

Comment

So fun to watch NBC eviscerate the Wild on national TV during the 2nd-3rd Intermission for the Boston/Chicago game. Love it. So fun to have Minnesota be the joke of the league again.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

NHL says no to sending players in 2018.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        NHL says no to sending players in 2018.
                        Congrats to Russia on their Gold Medal.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Congrats to Russia on their Gold Medal.
                          Yes, and **** you very much, Gary.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Yes, and **** you very much, Gary.
                            Worst commissioner in sports!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Players can still leave if they want, right?

I can see Ovie leaving for a couple weeks, though that'll just make Russia better.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Players can still leave if they want, right?

I can see Ovie leaving for a couple weeks, though that'll just make Russia better.
                                Only if the team will release them.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X