Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Players can still leave if they want, right?

I can see Ovie leaving for a couple weeks, though that'll just make Russia better.
    Doubt the owners will release them and if they leave on their own...i won't be surprised to see the owners sue.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

BTW, this all happens when the US has the ability to put together one of their best teams ever. **** Bettman.

And I bet NBC ain't happy. Way to PO the company paying you $200 million a year...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        BTW, this all happens when the US has the ability to put together one of their best teams ever. **** Bettman.

And I bet NBC ain't happy. Way to PO the company paying you $200 million a year...
        I wonder if there will have to be sponsor give backs since the men's hockey ratings will be kimshee.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I wonder if there will have to be sponsor give backs since the men's hockey ratings will be kimshee.
          I imagine there's gonna be some angry emails and uncomfortable phone conversations.

The only thing that stops the NHL from succeeding is the stupidity of its owners.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            All existing and future advertising buys were contingent upon NHL players being in the Olympics. Costs were to be scaled back precipitously if NHL players were not sent to the Olympics.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
              All existing and future advertising buys were contingent upon NHL players being in the Olympics. Costs were to be scaled back precipitously if NHL players were not sent to the Olympics.
              I wonder if NBC called Bettman re: rights fees renewal.

Note: US rights are $200 million annually and run through 2021.
              Last edited by joecct; 04-03-2017, 06:47 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Except the $200M goes to the IOC, not the NHL.

I imagine there's gonna be some angry emails and uncomfortable phone conversations.

The only thing that stops the NHL from succeeding is the stupidity of its owners.
                Yep. https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...298561/photo/1
                Last edited by SteveP; 04-03-2017, 07:05 PM.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Why would NBC give a **** about the NHL pulling out of the Olympics? They put all the non medal games on the channel dedicated to SVU reruns
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Except the $200M goes to the IOC, not the NHL.

Yep. https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...298561/photo/1
                    Steve - the $200 million is what NBC pays the NHL. They pay the IOC a lot more for the Olympic rights.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Why would NBC give a **** about the NHL pulling out of the Olympics? They put all the non medal games on the channel dedicated to SVU reruns
                      Ratings and advertising revenue, which usually go hand in hand.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        NBC needs ratings to bring in advertisers to make back the ridiculous money they paid to the IOC, not to mention the $200 million a year they pay the NHL. Olympic hockey with NHL players, especially American ones, are a good draw. Olympic hockey was essentially the anchor sport for the NBCSN coverage in Sochi and they likely had similar plans in 2018.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Olympic hockey was essentially the anchor sport for the NBCSN coverage in Sochi and they likely had similar plans in 2018.
                          Really? It's usually figure skating, though the US sucks now so the ratings are probably a lot lower.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Really? It's usually figure skating, though the US sucks now so the ratings are probably a lot lower.
                            There is always curling....
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              There is always curling....
                              Yes. Yes there is.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Where's the Swedish bikini curling team?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X