Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

I'm gonna go with 8 games. Gets a minor break for a clean history, but far from a slap on the wrist because it was an ugly, reckless offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      NJ Devils, invoked when the North Stars left. I became a free agent, per sports' fans rules. And I hearted me some Marty Brodeur.

To be honest, though, I've long lost interest in the NHL compared to where I used to be. More involved in the college game.
      Nice! I used to go to a lot of their games when I lived in NYC. A certain ex gopher used to leave me tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        NJ Devils, invoked when the North Stars left. I became a free agent, per sports' fans rules. And I hearted me some Marty Brodeur.

To be honest, though, I've long lost interest in the NHL compared to where I used to be. More involved in the college game.
        I'm still a free agent fan after the North Stars left. I just haven't really found a team I fully enjoy watching.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          I'm still a free agent fan after the North Stars left. I just haven't really found a team I fully enjoy watching.
          I did. Pavel Bure and the Canuck's. Hate the Canuck's now but that was my team. Still ticked the Rangers knocked them off.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I pretty much gave up on the NHL after the North Stars left town. When the Wild were announced I got a little excited, but then they announced the coach and I just didn't want to pay to watch trap hockey. So a college fan is all I am now, with a mere passing interest in the NHL.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well, neither did Brent. There's no way anyone actually fully enjoyed watching that boring *** 90's-2000's Devils hockey.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Well, neither did Brent. There's no way anyone actually fully enjoyed watching that boring *** 90's-2000's Devils hockey.
                He enjoys Michigan Tech hockey. What's the difference?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  He enjoys Michigan Tech hockey. What's the difference?
                  When he got hooked on Tech hockey, I'll give you that. It was bad, boring hockey. Little different style now.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Montreal fires Therrien.

Montreal hires...

You guessed it. Claude Julien himself. Banana land.

Comment

I ignore the Islanders for 3 weeks and they go from dead last to 2 points out of the playoffs.

I have found the secret.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Montreal fires Therrien.

Montreal hires...

You guessed it. Claude Julien himself. Banana land.
                        Given that I know jack squat about the Eastern Conference, is this good or bad?
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Claude Julien just got fired from the Bruins, I think. IIRC, the Bruins have gone on to win a bunch of games after the change.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Bruins fire a guy and the Canadians hire him, that is going to be awesome.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

When the North Stars left I refused to 'adopt' another NHL team. I simply couldn't understand getting emotionally vested in anything else given what the North Stars meant. Since I had already been a Gophers fan since I can remember existing it helped lessen the sting a bit.

I have since slowly grown on the Wild because they're the hometown team and I could attend games when I still lived in MN. But they'll never hold the same pull the North Stars did because they too were a team I fell in love with at a very young age.

If the Vikings/Twins left you could bet your *** I would not adopt another NFL/MLB team and I find the concept patently absurd. Especially when someone goes "front-runner" with the bit. Even if I someday migrated to another major metro area I would not find myself more than a fringe fan that paid attention and probably attended games - especially the NHL.

To each their own of course.
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

For tonight's W-T-F moment I give you Antione Vermette.

https://***********/RussosFilter/sta...04298362920960

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X