Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

That thread was great.

Basically a culmination of people angry that others had the courage to stand up and believe they're worth more than they're currently being treated.

Reminds me of the people on Facebook who complain "Fast food workers shouldn't get 15/hr, I don't even make that much!" Well then, fight for a higher wage at your work, accept the fact that you're willing to value yourself less than others and work for less, or just start working fast food if it's that easy and pays better.

The best part was the guy who was excited USAH were looking for scabs and that "everyone college player who is asked would love to play", and then no one told them yes.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Huh. Guess the sentiment in Grand Forks is "Fu** the women, and not in the fun way."

http://m.startribune.com/report-univ...ram/417493423/
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Huh. Guess the sentiment in Grand Forks is "Fu** the women, and not in the fun way."

http://m.startribune.com/report-univ...ram/417493423/
        That's a huge bummer. You'd think that a school so synonymous with hockey would find a way to keep the women's program going, but I guess if the money's not there, it's not there (that's an entirely different problem, but we probably shouldn't get into that).
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I see Chicago has a game tonight. I wonder if Pittsburgh does. Hmmmm.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Tyson Jost leaves UND after 1 year and signs with the Avs.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                ..but they won't go to the Olympics. Good job thinking ahead as usual.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  NHL decision flowchart: If [Does it make money?] Then Do Else No Op.

The only positive thing you can say about NHL owners is they are smarter than NFL owners, but that's like saying Texas Republicans are smarter than Oklahoma Republicans.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Oh they'll go. When the sponsors (and I think a few Korean companies are big sponsors) tell Gary that the checks will stop or be a lot smaller if the NHL stays home, they NHL will cave.

Plus if they stay home, the league will get no national TV exposure on both sides of the border (and overseas) for the 3 weekends of the Olympics.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Oh they'll go. When the sponsors (and I think a few Korean companies are big sponsors) tell Gary that the checks will stop or be a lot smaller if the NHL stays home, they NHL will cave.

Plus if they stay home, the league will get no national TV exposure on both sides of the border (and overseas) for the 3 weekends of the Olympics.
                      I'm pretty sure the IOC is offering the same deal as last time, just this time the NHL wants more for insurance or something.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the IOC is offering the same deal as last time, just this time the NHL wants more for insurance or something.
                        The IOC won't cover any insurance this time. That's the big stink.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          The IOC won't cover any insurance this time. That's the big stink.
                          The IIHF is picking it up. The NHL want primary sponsorship placement from the IOC. They also want replay and media distribution rights.

I think NBC would object to hockey video on non NBC web sites.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The Wild won. Holy crap on a cranberry. They haven't lost in regulation for three games!
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I have to make one revision to the playoffs in my NHL32 scenario. This is due to greed.

Round 1. 3 at 2 one game. Winner plays #1. Call it First 8 or Wild Card or Crash and Burn.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A joke circulating on social media:

The World Wide Web was made available to the public in 1991. This is the first time we're using it to discuss the Red Wings missing the playoffs.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X