Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Per ESPN, 125 years ago today, Lord Stanley donated his Cup to a hockey competition​.
    And jocks have been competing for it ever since!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

When the NHL gets to 32 teams, let's think outside tbe box.

8 divisions of 4 teams.

80 game schedule. Play everyone outside your division Home and Home (56 games). Play your division 8 games each (24 games)

Top 2 teams in each division make playoffs. Play your own division in Round 1. Round 2 and beyond are seeded by points to get to the final 2 that play for the Cup.

Sample Divisions
      Canada East: MTL, OTT, TOR, BUF
      Canada West: WPG, EDM, CAL, VAN
      Amtrak: BOS, NYI, NYR, NJD
      South: CAR, TAM, FLA, NSH
      Mid Atlantic: WAS, PHI, PIT, CLB
      West: LA, ANA, SJ, SEA(?)
      Central 1: DET, CHI, MIN, STL
      Central 2, LAS, COL, DAL, AZ

Notes: When somebody gets relocated to Quebec, they go into Canada East and Buffalo slides somewhere which may cause a further bump.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Wild won a game. That's news!
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Wild won a game. That's news!
          Going to be interesting to see if losing home ice to the Blackhawks is going to cost them come playoff time or not. They both have to get out of round 1 first.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

8 divisions of 4 teams.

80 game schedule. Play everyone outside your division Home and Home (56 games). Play your division 8 games each (24 games)

Top 2 teams in each division make playoffs. Play your own division in Round 1. Round 2 and beyond are seeded by points to get to the final 2 that play for the Cup.

Sample Divisions

Notes: When somebody gets relocated to Quebec, they go into Canada East and Buffalo slides somewhere which may cause a further bump.
            That's an interesting take... It'd uproot some rivalries though... Not sure I like only having one shot to see 3/4 of the leave in my building...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              That's an interesting take... It'd uproot some rivalries though... Not sure I like only having one shot to see 3/4 of the league in my building...
              You currently have one shot at 1/2 the league. In the Original 6, you played everyone 14x. Hate was good - it builds rivalries.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How freakin' strange was that Hawks-Canucks game last night?
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

8 divisions of 4 teams.

Sample Divisions

Clever and appealing.

To nitpick, I'd substitute "Southwest" for "Central 2."

As a Blackhawks fan, I like the Central 1 group. As someone with a secondary rooting interest in the CBJ, I like the Mid-Atlantic group as well. Yes, every team could point out rivals they wish were in their grouping. But I honestly think your re-alignment plan gives everyone in the league a decent deal.

Comment

Don't like seeing Top 2 as it rewards weaker divisions. Top 1 + 4 WC which changes the proposed playoff format as well which is fine. It should be 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. anyway not this forced into creating rivalries b.s.

Comment

let's think outside the box
                      16 team league, max 7 American with none south of US 70. 50 game schedule; RS 2-point games with no overtime. Top 8 seeded by points, no divisions or conferences. 3 rounds best of 7 FFUUUFF, 1 day off between games.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        16 team league, max 7 American with none south of US 70. 50 game schedule; RS 2-point games with no overtime. Top 8 seeded by points, no divisions or conferences. 3 rounds best of 7 FFUUUFF, 1 day off between games.
                        15 into 50 doesn't work. 15 into 60 does.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

15 into 50 doesn't work. 15 into 60 does.
                          45, then. Nah, that unbalances home and away.

Sigh.

Fine.

Also, make 8 traveling partnerships. 12/31 and 1/2 partners play home and home.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Last night, the Leafs had to kill a 5 minute penalty for 7 minutes thanks to an obscure rule.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Last night, the Leafs had to kill a 5 minute penalty for 7 minutes thanks to an obscure rule.
                              Was the obscure rules "It's the Maple Leafs, so it's never going to impact a Stanley Cup contender"?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Last night, the Leafs had to kill a 5 minute penalty for 7 minutes thanks to an obscure rule.
                                It's not that obscure. If you don't have a guy in the box when the penalty expires, you can't add to the on ice strength until a stoppage.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X