Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NESCAC 2016-2017 season

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
    As noted previously....Midd [and Amherst] are decent teams...but can't really beat any good team 5 on 5. The only way...the Only way they beat you is on the PP. Stay out of the box and they lose....[That's why Hammy...the least penalized team in the Conf. swept Midd and could do the same to the PC team formerly known as the Lordly Jeffs next weekend]. #1 seed props comes down to the final weekend in Whale City.

Don't want to say I called the Hammy/Ammy Sweep....But I called it. Stay out of the box against them, and the Lord Jeffs are in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Did anyone watch this game? I would still love to know if collegehockeystats box (http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/wbowctc1.f11) is correct in describing the Conn bench minor at 16:06 as for slashing? Conn was short handed at the time of the slashing and Bowdoin scored the decisive goal skating 6x4.
      Like most of the stats from that game...this one is incorrect too. It was simply a good defensive play on a PK back-check...#16 hustled back and stole the puck off the Bowdoin girls stick at center ice...she drops her stick and the ref calls slashing...terrible call, and right after an equally bad tripping call where literally two players accidentally skated into each other, again at center ice...a non-event, with no bearing on the play...All this with just 3 min to play in a 1-1 game that was played well and clean by both teams...literally there was no need to have refs out there it was such a cleanly played game on both sides. But as usual, the nescac officials can't help themselves...they can't resist being part of the action [another pet peeve while I'm at it....Refs and linesman who intentionally skate into the flow of traffic all game long. Literally making the players dodge them all game... Seriously refs...get out of the @#!#% way of the game.

Comment

Here's to hoping that Colby puts a win on the board this week against Southern Maine or Becker so that the seniors (who as freshmen helped take Colby to the NESCAC semifinals for the only time in the past 9 years and their only winning record in a season over the same period) don't end their last season winless.
        Last edited by HockeyEast33; 02-14-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          Here's to hoping that Colby puts a win on the board this week against Southern Maine or Becker so that the seniors (who as freshmen helped take Colby to the NESCAC semifinals for the only time in the past 9 years and their only winning record in a season over the same period) don't end their last season winless.
          I shall Hope too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
            I shall Hope too!
            Hope realized - Colby 3 - USM 1

Comment

Looks like Middlebury controls its own destiny for home ice advantage, with conn and hammy tying tonight. If Middlebury wins tomorrow night, they will host NESCAC's again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                Looks like Middlebury controls its own destiny for home ice advantage, with conn and hammy tying tonight. If Middlebury wins tomorrow night, they will host NESCAC's again.
                Is that the sound of Conn choking again that I hear?!

Comment

Senior Night at Kenyon honoring the Middlebury Class of 2017 (Aiello, Laven, Sherman, and Watson) saw junior goalie Neuberger (24/24) lead the Panthers (10-4-1 NESCAC) to a 2-0 win over Williams (7-6-2 NESCAC).
                  Middlebury came out flying and was on the attack much of the 1st. Anderson, in goal for Williams, was tested early with Midd skating 5x3 for over 1:30. Anderson making the stops and the Eph D cleaning up rebounds and/or controlling Panther forwards. Middlebury scored late in the period with a quick rush. Hlinka dug the puck from the corner and passed ahead, up the half boards to Young. Young sprang Sheline free into the neutral zone and Sheline moved in wide on left wing and launched a rocket from the top left circle, roofing it in off the gloveside post. Anderson kept it a 1 goal game when she robbed Winslow on an open look with 11.3 seconds left in the period.
                  The 2nd featured 5 powerplays, solid play by both Eph Anderson and Panther Neuberger and no change in score.
                  The Panthers extended the lead midway in the 3rd. Marotta passed D to D to her left to Lafontaine; her shot from the point was deflected by Marmer, stationed high in the slot with her back to the net; her redirection slid the puck beneath Anderson. That was enough for Neuberger to work with. Neuberger was under pressure late with Williams on a powerplay and with the extra attacker on ice, skating 6x4, but she held her ground and earned the 2-0 shutout win.
                  Travel down to Williamstown for the end of the regular season tomorrow evening. Middlebury earns the #1 seed with a win regardless of the outcome in New London.

Comment

2-1 Midd end 1 at Lansing-Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                      That's not necessarily true. I believe the top 4 teams each host a quarterfinals round game: 1 vs. 8 at 1, 2 vs. 7 at 2, etc. The championship weekend is then held at the site of the remaining highest seed after that first weekend. I remember a few years ago when Conn (8) took out Midd (1) and Colby (7) took out Amherst (2) and Williams as a third seed ended up hosting the finals. No one was as shocked as they were! As usual with the NESCAC, you can't book your hotel 'til the last horn sounds!

Comment

Amherst (6-5-5 NESCAC) 4-2 win over Wesleyan (4-9-3 NESCAC) this afternoon moved them up 3 positions in the NESCAC regular season final standings. The resulting match ups for the NESCAC quarter-final become:
                        Wesleyan@Middlebury
                        Williams@Conn College
                        Bowdoin@Hamilton
                        Amherst@Trinity
                        Highest surviving seed will host the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                          Amherst (6-5-5 NESCAC) 4-2 win over Wesleyan (4-9-3 NESCAC) this afternoon moved them up 3 positions in the NESCAC regular season final standings. The resulting match ups for the NESCAC quarter-final become:
                          Wesleyan@Middlebury
                          Williams@Conn College
                          Bowdoin@Hamilton
                          Amherst@Trinity
                          Highest surviving seed will host the finals.
                          All right - I'm going in:

- Middlebury in a surprisingly close one over Wesleyan
                          - Williams plays over their head and Conn plays under theirs - gotta pick one upset at least and I'm betting that Conn's shellacking of Williams in the season series makes them over-confident.
                          - Tempted to pick an upset, but I think Hamilton wins on their defense at home
                          - Trinity peaks at the end of the season and finishes Amherst's season

Makes it Middlebury v Williams and Hamilton v Trinity in the final four. Picking Hamilton over Middlebury in the finals upset - defense wins championships (this could also apply to Conn).
                          Last edited by HockeyEast33; 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Is that the sound of Conn choking again that I hear?!
                            The sound of choking? No...I think it's more likely the sound of your head popping out of your #$%

Comment

All right - I'm going in:

- Middlebury in a surprisingly close one over Wesleyan
                              - Williams plays over their head and Conn plays under theirs - gotta pick one upset at least and I'm betting that Conn's shellacking of Williams in the season series makes them over-confident.
                              - Tempted to pick an upset, but I think Hamilton wins on their defense at home
                              - Trinity peaks at the end of the season and finishes Amherst's season

Makes it Middlebury v Williams and Hamilton v Trinity in the final four. Picking Hamilton over Middlebury in the finals upset - defense wins championships (this could also apply to Conn).
                              Nobody else willing to predict?

Comment

Nobody else willing to predict?
                                Not really a prediction, I'm cheering for every NESCAC Team but Middlebury. I hope they lose!

Comment

Working...
                                X