Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    So you go with someone who has proven (11 games is well proven enough) that he can't get the job done in big games? If Davies isn't better than a .860 Save % and 4.00+ GAA then Plattsburgh is in deep trouble. Those are beyond horrible numbers at the DIII level for a competitive team. I don't care what "reaction time" he has....it's going to be better than .860 and 4.00. He stopped the puck, period against MORE shots on goal. If he goes out and gets shelled by Geneseo, fine. And if you take out Oswego, the GAA average for opponents are pretty similar to who Brady and Josh have faced. Take also into account that Fredonia, while record may only be 4 wins and not Oswego, is also 1-0-1 against Buff State which is more than what Plattsburgh can say to this point. Middlebury, while may be 0-6, has only ONE loss by more than 2 goals and has been in every game including taking Norwich to overtime.

Shots on goal are shots on goal. Brady has proven he can't be counted on to make the key save over and over in big games. 1-8-1 and 1 ND says it all. A change is needed. I don't care if Davies lets in 5 goals if he saves more than 90% of them.

It's time for a change.

Bob has probably been "careful" with Josh because he was trying to give his senior goaltender a chance. 3 loses with an .846 SAVE % is NOT a starting goaltender number. Even at an overall .872 current save %, Brady ranks 97th out of 107.
    Remy, it is OK for someone to disagree with you. Making the same points again doesn't make your point any more right or wrong. We disagree. It's OK. Neither one of our opinions matters on Friday when Plattsburgh plays again anyway...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

The other goalie they were planning on playing this year , left w The other guys.

Comment

Picking a goalie is hard,unless its cut and dry..........I think you will see Davies in net,just to shake the team a little if anything......BUT I also thought Coach Gosek would break the alternating trend and put Zman in,we saw Jake instead vs. Platty so who knows??

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Picking a goalie is hard,unless its cut and dry..........I think you will see Davies in net,just to shake the team a little if anything......BUT I also thought Coach Gosek would break the alternating trend and put Zman in,we saw Jake instead vs. Platty so who knows??
          They didn't have a 1-9-1 record vs ranked teams and a .840 save % either. If these two were close and or Brady had better stats I would say coin flip, but you can't keep going on this path.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Changing gears, what is with the 4pm Sat start??

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
              Remy, it is OK for someone to disagree with you. Making the same points again doesn't make your point any more right or wrong. We disagree. It's OK. Neither one of our opinions matters on Friday when Plattsburgh plays again anyway...
              Every Cardinal was kung fu fighting; their remarks were fast as lightning....(have fun with that song in your head all day!)

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                Every Cardinal was kung fu fighting; their remarks were fast as lightning....(have fun with that song in your head all day!)
                Jerk!!!!
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Recent series of tweets by the Press Republican's Sports Editor, Ricky St. Clair:

I thought the 5:00 and Game Misconduct was appropriate from my angle. I expected Coach Emery to sit him 1 or 2 games on his own. I didn't expect to see the Conference step in and force it.

Confirmation of what we already knew.

...This is going to be a long weekend, isn't it?
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I haven't heard of SUNY suspending people much in the past.... how often do they step in like this? The hit was bad (5 and the game was definitely justified), but not the worst I've ever seen.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95

Comment

I haven't heard of SUNY suspending people much in the past.... how often do they step in like this? The hit was bad (5 and the game was definitely justified), but not the worst I've ever seen.
                      Be nice if they went back 5 minutes and suspended the knee just prior. It was getting ugly late in that third. Had the reffs gained control I'm not sure Cole goes in as hard. I admit I didn't have the best view, but I didn't see anything out of the normal 5 and a game and let Bob do his normal 1 game. The way Bob exploded it seemed he was more upset with the Reffs than Cole. If it was that bad I would have thought he would have gone after Cole (maybe he did and I was thinking it was the reffs)
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Be nice if they went back 5 minutes and suspended the knee just prior. It was getting ugly late in that third. Had the reffs gained control I'm not sure Cole goes in as hard. I admit I didn't have the best view, but I didn't see anything out of the normal 5 and a game and let Bob do his normal 1 game. The way Bob exploded it seemed he was more upset with the Reffs than Cole. If it was that bad I would have thought he would have gone after Cole (maybe he did and I was thinking it was the reffs)
                        I was watching online and they have a good replay of it. The 5 and a game was definitely warranted, but absent evidence that SUNY has been suspending this sort of play regularly, the two game suspension doesn't seem warranted. The hit was nasty, but no worse than the typical hit from behind into the boards that we see. We're in agreeement on this one Remy. I figured Bob would sit him tonight, but the league suspending him for the whole weekend....that stunned me.
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95

Comment

It's been happening more now that every game has good quality video and every game is uploaded to the internet.

I've heard rumblings that DQs will go away and every game misconduct will be reviewed by the league for supplemental discipline.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Courtesy of Cardinal Hockey History. Davies in goal

GENESEO vs. CARDS
                            Lineup
                            Hall-Desnoyers-Drabin
                            Sloan-Owens-Belger
                            Neher-Seyfert-Pfaff
                            Egan-Yates-Quilty
                            Barber-Fournier
                            Chiasson-Valente
                            Middleton-Linquist
                            Davies in goal...Go Cards

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
                              Courtesy of Cardinal Hockey History. Davies in goal

GENESEO vs. CARDS
                              Lineup
                              Hall-Desnoyers-Drabin
                              Sloan-Owens-Belger
                              Neher-Seyfert-Pfaff
                              Egan-Yates-Quilty
                              Barber-Fournier
                              Chiasson-Valente
                              Middleton-Linquist
                              Davies in goal...Go Cards
                              How'd you get a starting line-up 8 hours before gametime? I can't imagine Coach Emery wants that public...
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

How'd you get a starting line-up 8 hours before gametime? I can't imagine Coach Emery wants that public...

It's normally posted on social media before
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X