Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Picking a goalie is hard,unless its cut and dry..........I think you will see Davies in net,just to shake the team a little if anything......BUT I also thought Coach Gosek would break the alternating trend and put Zman in,we saw Jake instead vs. Platty so who knows??
    They didn't have a 1-9-1 record vs ranked teams and a .840 save % either. If these two were close and or Brady had better stats I would say coin flip, but you can't keep going on this path.

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Changing gears, what is with the 4pm Sat start??

Oswego State Great Laker
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Remy, it is OK for someone to disagree with you. Making the same points again doesn't make your point any more right or wrong. We disagree. It's OK. Neither one of our opinions matters on Friday when Plattsburgh plays again anyway...
    Every Cardinal was kung fu fighting; their remarks were fast as lightning....(have fun with that song in your head all day!)

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Every Cardinal was kung fu fighting; their remarks were fast as lightning....(have fun with that song in your head all day!)
    Jerk!!!!

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar

Recent series of tweets by the Press Republican's Sports Editor, Ricky St. Clair:

I thought the 5:00 and Game Misconduct was appropriate from my angle. I expected Coach Emery to sit him 1 or 2 games on his own. I didn't expect to see the Conference step in and force it.

Confirmation of what we already knew.

...This is going to be a long weekend, isn't it?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champions x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champions x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Champions x9-ish: 87*, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86*, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champion x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

I haven't heard of SUNY suspending people much in the past.... how often do they step in like this? The hit was bad (5 and the game was definitely justified), but not the worst I've ever seen.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

I haven't heard of SUNY suspending people much in the past.... how often do they step in like this? The hit was bad (5 and the game was definitely justified), but not the worst I've ever seen.
    Be nice if they went back 5 minutes and suspended the knee just prior. It was getting ugly late in that third. Had the reffs gained control I'm not sure Cole goes in as hard. I admit I didn't have the best view, but I didn't see anything out of the normal 5 and a game and let Bob do his normal 1 game. The way Bob exploded it seemed he was more upset with the Reffs than Cole. If it was that bad I would have thought he would have gone after Cole (maybe he did and I was thinking it was the reffs)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Be nice if they went back 5 minutes and suspended the knee just prior. It was getting ugly late in that third. Had the reffs gained control I'm not sure Cole goes in as hard. I admit I didn't have the best view, but I didn't see anything out of the normal 5 and a game and let Bob do his normal 1 game. The way Bob exploded it seemed he was more upset with the Reffs than Cole. If it was that bad I would have thought he would have gone after Cole (maybe he did and I was thinking it was the reffs)
    I was watching online and they have a good replay of it. The 5 and a game was definitely warranted, but absent evidence that SUNY has been suspending this sort of play regularly, the two game suspension doesn't seem warranted. The hit was nasty, but no worse than the typical hit from behind into the boards that we see. We're in agreeement on this one Remy. I figured Bob would sit him tonight, but the league suspending him for the whole weekend....that stunned me.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

It's been happening more now that every game has good quality video and every game is uploaded to the internet.

I've heard rumblings that DQs will go away and every game misconduct will be reviewed by the league for supplemental discipline.

Courtesy of Cardinal Hockey History. Davies in goal

GENESEO vs. CARDS
    Lineup
    Hall-Desnoyers-Drabin
    Sloan-Owens-Belger
    Neher-Seyfert-Pfaff
    Egan-Yates-Quilty
    Barber-Fournier
    Chiasson-Valente
    Middleton-Linquist
    Davies in goal...Go Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack View Post
    Courtesy of Cardinal Hockey History. Davies in goal

GENESEO vs. CARDS
    Lineup
    Hall-Desnoyers-Drabin
    Sloan-Owens-Belger
    Neher-Seyfert-Pfaff
    Egan-Yates-Quilty
    Barber-Fournier
    Chiasson-Valente
    Middleton-Linquist
    Davies in goal...Go Cards
    How'd you get a starting line-up 8 hours before gametime? I can't imagine Coach Emery wants that public...

How'd you get a starting line-up 8 hours before gametime? I can't imagine Coach Emery wants that public...

It's normally posted on social media before

It's normally posted on social media before
    I follow both the team's page and Bob Emery's page and neither has posted anything for tonight's game. Seems pretty far in advance for that information to be public.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

I follow both the team's page and Bob Emery's page and neither has posted anything for tonight's game. Seems pretty far in advance for that information to be public.
    Expand your horizons Steve lol jk Check with Deloria. He normally gets them quick too. A lot of times we actually see the paper with names, numbers, stats ect used by media *wink wink* it normally doesn't come directly from Bob (post wise)

Posted Three hours ago. If you're on Facebook, there's often some great old Cardinal history posted here. (Hence the name)

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...eloria%20posts

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    It's posted on Cardinal Hockey History on Facebook by Deloria. He's done it for a couple seasons, and given how many current players are in that group there's no way Emery is unaware of it, yet he continues to give Deloria the information.

Gritty effort by the undermanned Cards, who were a premature whistle by the Officials from tying the game last night. Clearly the Cards biggest issue going forward is goaltending, followed closely by staying out of the penalty box.

Gritty effort by the undermanned Cards, who were a premature whistle by the Officials from tying the game last night. Clearly the Cards biggest issue going forward is goaltending, followed closely by staying out of the penalty box.
    It starts ahead of them first. You can NOT leave guys wide open like they do. Unacceptable. Wether its Brady or Josh the defense can NOT miss assignments and leave guys wide open in front of the net.

I said from Day 1 this new "emphasis" horse crap will hurt Plattsburgh in both directions. They are not a skilled Geneseo, Oswego, ect team. They don't have the snipers. They need 5 on 5 hockey, cycle the puck, wear teams down, and score some team goals. Our power play is back to beyond predictable, it has zero flow compared to Geneseos. Our penalty kill is no where near what it needs to be with missed assignment after miss assignment (of which I think ALOT is due more to the age of the players).

They show signs of a competitive team and whk knows come February and March. I am sure Bob is looking for a goalie transfer and a couple defensemen, but more than anything you have to cover your assignments. Game after game opponents are left wide open in prime scoring zones. Unacceptable at this level and expect ANYONE to save it.

Has to be a rebound game tonight for sure.

It starts ahead of them first. You can NOT leave guys wide open like they do. Unacceptable. Wether its Brady or Josh the defense can NOT miss assignments and leave guys wide open in front of the net.

I said from Day 1 this new "emphasis" horse crap will hurt Plattsburgh in both directions. They are not a skilled Geneseo, Oswego, ect team. They don't have the snipers. They need 5 on 5 hockey, cycle the puck, wear teams down, and score some team goals. Our power play is back to beyond predictable, it has zero flow compared to Geneseos. Our penalty kill is no where near what it needs to be with missed assignment after miss assignment (of which I think ALOT is due more to the age of the players).

They show signs of a competitive team and whk knows come February and March. I am sure Bob is looking for a goalie transfer and a couple defensemen, but more than anything you have to cover your assignments. Game after game opponents are left wide open in prime scoring zones. Unacceptable at this level and expect ANYONE to save it.

Has to be a rebound game tonight for sure.
    Interesting to see what happens over the break,down to 24 players and a toss up btwn the pipes.Still time to right the ship.

Thread Information