Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Classy stuff by Plattsburgh this weekend with the Matty Tough initiative. Great work everyone involved.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Anyone know if Valente is hurt, didn't see him in the exhibition or against Canton?

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
        Anyone know if Valente is hurt, didn't see him in the exhibition or against Canton?
        He's in tonight's lineup.

Comment

Well, that was rough. Credit to Buffalo state, who played great (especially in the defensive end). Cards played a bit sloppy defensively, and at times looked like they weren't sure what to do with the puck offensively. The better team on the night came out in top on the scoreboard.

Oh well. Don't forget tonight; learn from it. On to a completely new concept: a 4pm SUNYAC game. On the road against Fredonia, who has beaten the team we just got outplayed by. No small task, but I think the Cardinals need to win this in order to go into a tough home weekend against Cortland and Oswego with some positive energy.

As always, GO CARDS!
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Considering how young the Cardinals are, I thought their #5 ranking was a little high. I think they'll be very good in March after they have a season together under their belts. It was clear to me during the Canton game that they weren't quite together yet (lots of errand passes and randomly running into each other on the ice). Good win on Saturday!
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Local freshman Keller Kowalowski is now on the roster as a goalie. Wearing #29.

Comment

you sure thats not KILLER....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  you sure thats not KILLER....
                  You must spread rep..
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No. 8 Plattsburgh State falls at home to No. 4 Oswego

“I knew they were a good team,” Emery said. “They got a lot of players back from last year’s team, and I knew it would be a tough game for us to win, but how we lost really bothers me.

“I thought we took some bad penalties and gave Oswego a lot of momentum off those penalties. That’s not to say that if we didn’t take those penalties, we would have won the game, but taking bad penalties and a lot of them being in the offensive zone is kind of disheartening from a coach’s standpoint.”

Oswego finished the game with a 38-18 advantage in shots over Plattsburgh.

David Jacobson denied 17 shots to secure the win in net for the Lakers, while the Cardinals’ Brady Rouleau recorded 34 saves.

Emery said time will tell if Plattsburgh can learn from this game as the season progresses.

“We knew we were going to have growing pains,” Emery said. “We have to learn from our mistakes. The key is that our guys have to be man enough to learn from the mistakes. The jury is still out on how much we are able to learn from our mistakes.”
                    Full story here.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Can't remember the last time the Cardinals fell out of the Rankings. Hopefully it will help serve as a wake up call. Saw way too many basic errors the last few games that just shouldn't be. ie Not even close passes, stupid turnovers, stupid penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
                        Can't remember the last time the Cardinals fell out of the Rankings. Hopefully it will help serve as a wake up call. Saw way too many basic errors the last few games that just shouldn't be. ie Not even close passes, stupid turnovers, stupid penalties.
                        Happened to Norwich last year too for the first time in a long time. The Cardinals will be back. Bob Emery is a very good coach and there is plenty of talent there. They have a lot of home games coming up which always helps.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I still want to see Davies in a big game....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I still like some of what I see from this team. It seems the bumping into each other and passes off the mark are both problems that will solve themselves with more time on the ice together. They are young and they are playing like it. The good this about that is that they won't be young forever. Goaltending is solid..... I still think this team has some moments coming in February and March. In the meantime, let 'em play off the radar for a little while...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              I still want to see Davies in a big game....
                              Didn't get to see the Minn-Moorehead game (internet feed wasn't working), but Rouleau was not the problem in the Oswego game. I thought he played really well.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Didn't get to see the Minn-Moorehead game (internet feed wasn't working), but Rouleau was not the problem in the Oswego game. I thought he played really well.
                                By all means I am not saying Brady is the sole reason we have 3 losses, but the way Davies has pkayed against Fredonia (and most of Middlebury) he deserves a shot.

Brady is 71st in GAA and 93 in Save% ....of only 110!

Davies would be 25th in GAA (2.00) and T14 in Save % (.938)..

I don't think Sunberg or Laker Killer Hince could have stopped Oswego, but those are not great stats. When Brady is locked in he can be great, but too many mental lapses on his part too. While the defense doesn't help being so young, Davies has also played in front of the same team with much better stats.. if he lays an egg they're not out much at this point...
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X