Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I wish I'd known in advance it was going on sale today...

Just bought mine. Sec 53 is completely sold-out. I was able to get some in 51, though.
    You will learn young apprentice, you must travel to the dark side once and a while and look at the Oswego website in early October. They tell you when they go on sale. I just wasn't saying anything until I secured my 4
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      You will learn young apprentice, you must travel to the dark side once and a while and look at the Oswego website in early October. They tell you when they go on sale. I just wasn't saying anything until I secured my 4
      IGM

Comment

Still a few left,ate 6 tiks last year due to cheeleading,imagine that,will have to wait and see what the cards,no pun intended,hold come 2017.Always a good Platty crowd at the CC.

Comment

USPHL..... Mike Falanga Platty 2017,the only recruit on the commitment list thats a D3 recruit,looks like he was a Sacret Heart commit?

Comment

Summary of the Plattsburgh Pre-Season fun, as I currently understand it:

10/14 at 6pm - Athletics Hall of Fame induction (streamed on NSN). Featuring hockey players Jennifer Clarke '06 and Lenny Pereira '94.

10/15 at 3pm (I think) - Women's Ice Hockey Alumnae Game
            10/22 at 4:30pm - Women's Hockey Red/White Scrimmage*
            10/22 at 7pm - Men'/ Hockey Red/White Scrimmage*
            10/29 at 3pm - Women's Hockey v Hockey Training Institute (Exh.)
            10/29 at 7pm - Men's Hockey v Cégep André-Laurendeau (Exh.)

*Season Ticket Holders will be able to pick up their passes between 6pm and 8pm on 10/22, during the Red/White Scrimmages. The first 500 STHs to arrive will get a poster featuring the schedules for both teams. Additional pick-up times will be on 10/25 and 10/26 between 4pm and 7pm.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

There will be a Season Ticket Pick-Up Reception on Saturday from 6-8pm. 500 posters will be given away.

Comment

Paul Fregeau who played in 3 games last year (and 11 as a freshman) is on Cortland's 2016-17 roster.

Comment

Just as I put in the other thread...

Fall out of your seat....

11 freshman
                  SIX ARE FOREIGN!

In the last 17 seasons Cortland has hada total of 12 foreign players. They've had 8 in the past 4 years...combined.

Did they finally get their head out of their *** and figure things out? I'll leave it to the LinkANator to see if maybe they've dipped to the dark side and started a FA program. I can not remember a foreign freshman class like this...hopefully it continues, and their not pulling a "Neumann".
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Just as I put in the other thread...

Fall out of your seat....

11 freshman
                    SIX ARE FOREIGN!

In the last 17 seasons Cortland has hada total of 12 foreign players. They've had 8 in the past 4 years...combined.

Did they finally get their head out of their *** and figure things out? I'll leave it to the LinkANator to see if maybe they've dipped to the dark side and started a FA program. I can not remember a foreign freshman class like this...hopefully it continues, and their not pulling a "Neumann".
                    Humm...

Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      Humm...
                      New ??
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

New ??
                        I don't see a definitive start date, but I do not see it mentioned before the 2013 school year (December 2012). The International Award seems to have been created at the same time as the "Future New Yorkers Award" - a similar financial award offered to students from US students from other states. IMO (and if they were smart), seeing what happened to other schools, they probably wanted to get a non-academic base before rolling it out to the athletic department - Plattsburgh's huge international student base easily allows for a nice number of athletes to receive international aid without creating disproportionate aid ratios.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

FYI -

From Coach Emery and Team Captain Patrick Hermans:

Dear Season Ticket Holders,

Please see the letter below from one of the Team Captain Pat Hermans. Over the next few weeks at the Red/White game, the Canadian Exhibition and on Matty Strong Night vs Canton, we will be having a fundraiser selling t-shirts (see attached picture) to support Matty's fight against cancer. We hope you can step up and purchase one and wear during the Canton game. We also hope you will bid on (auction after game) one of the "Special Event" Cardinal Jerseys We will be wearing for the Canton Game. Thank you!

Bob Emery
                          ----------------
                          Cardinal Country,
                          I’m Patrick Hermans, the captain of your men’s hockey team. I speak on behalf of the team when I ask for your support. Matty Thompson has been a member of the team for 12 years, but more importantly, he is a dear friend of ours. Over the past two years, Matty has been courageously fighting cancer. The strength Matty has showed while fighting has been a regular source of inspiration for the players over the past two seasons. Matty is genuinely a loving and compassionate person and there isn’t a friend of his who hasn’t been touched. When Matty sees that the team is down or facing some adversity, he always has our back and is there to remind us that we can do it. It is only right that we do the same for him. November 5th is “Matty Strong” night. We will be wearing custom uniforms and competing for him. No one loves Cardinal Hockey more than Matty. It is our turn to show him that we have his back, the same way he has always had ours. With your support, we can bring him strength in this fight. The boys and I are asking you all to join our team, buy a “Matty Strong” shirt and show him what he means to Cardinal Country.
                          Thank you all for the support you give our friend Matty,
                          Patrick Hermans
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Was just checking out the roster page on the school site and one of the new guys from Quebec looks like he is in his 30's!!! Kinda surprised to see the Quebec pipeline opening back up.

Comment

Cardinals notch 4-2 victory against Canton {Article courtesy the Plattsburgh Press Republican - Nov. 6, 2016}

PLATTSBURGH — The Plattsburgh State men’s hockey team began its regular season with a victory against Canton Saturday at Stafford Ice Arena.

Brandon O’Quinn found the back of the net twice, while Schuyler Seyfert and Joe Drabin each tallied their first goal as Cardinals in Plattsburgh’s 4-2 win against the Kangaroos.

The Cardinals spent a majority of the matchup on the offensive attack, registering 36 shots compared to the Kangaroos’ 21.

Plattsburgh coach Bob Emery said his team generated a good amount of offense and could have had more if it wasn’t for Canton’s defensive effort throughout.

“I got to give Canton a lot of credit,” Emery said. “They played great defensively. They blocked at least 30 shots, and they sacrificed out there. I thought we had a lot of shots that didn’t get to the net, and I give them a lot of credit.”

O’Quinn started and ended the Cardinals’ scoring, tallying a power-play goal 6:48 into the game and another power-play goal with 6:59 remaining in the contest.

O’Quinn said Plattsburgh has dedicated a good portion of time to work on the power play, formulating a system that can translate to scoring.

“We have spent a lot of time paying attention to detail over the past few weeks as we have been getting ready,” O’Quinn said. “With the fact that the league has added some new rules, we knew it would be important to work on our power play, so we have been preparing and doing the right things, which started to show (Saturday).”

Seyfert put Plattsburgh ahead 2-0 just 20 seconds into the second period, but Kyle Matsumoto responded for Canton shortly after with a short-handed goal at the 3:52 mark to cut the deficit in half.

Drabin recaptured some momentum for the Cardinals 2:05 later, burying a shot right above the crease.

Plattsburgh goaltender Brady Rouleau, who accounted for 19 saves in the game, stood strong between the posts for his team during the second period, making a stop on a 2-on-1 chance as well as a breakaway opportunity for the Kangaroos.

“We made a lot of mental mistakes, and Brady answered the bell for us,” Emery said. “It’s not about how many saves you make. I thought Brady made the big saves when we needed them.”

Joey Vocino scored a power-play goal for Canton late in the third period with his team on a 5-on-3 advantage to make it 4-2, but the Cardinals held the Kangaroos scoreless the rest of the way.

O’Quinn said the Cardinals know every game is significant and were glad to start the season with a win.

“It’s a huge start. As we know, it’s a short season here and every game is as big as the next,” O’Quinn said. “You can’t take any nights off, and starting the season off on the right foot with a win is a big momentum builder for us.”

Emery said it’s important to start the season with a victory, and he also noted that the team has plenty to improve.

“It’s a good first game because we won, but we got a lot of work to do,” Emery said. “We made a lot of mental mistakes. Our puck management wasn’t very good. We didn’t get pucks in and out at times when we should. We didn’t play the scoreboard or the clock at times, so we have to get better at that.

“We had our first game, and now we have something to measure things by, and I think that’s the key. We can watch the tape, and we can learn and measure.”

Plattsburgh State 4, Canton 2

Canton 0 1 1 — 2

Plattsburgh State 1 2 1 — 4

First period- 1, PSU O’Quinn (Egan), 6:48 (PP). Penalties: Engvall, PSU (interference), 3:35. Matsumoto, CNT (cross-checking), 6:11. Lindquist, PSU (roughing), 12:17. Hincenbergs, CNT (hooking), 17:03.

Second period- 2, PSU Seyfert (Hall), 0:20. 3, CNT Matsumoto (Vocino), 3:52 (SH). 4, PSU Drabin (Fournier-Gosselin, Ragone), 5:57. Penalties: Kulczycki, CNT (hooking), 1:21. O’Quinn, PSU (interference), 1:27. Kulczycki, CNT (hooking), 3:43. Pfaff, PSU (delay of game), 6:11. Hopfer, CNT (interference), 10:32. Lepone, CNT (tripping), 13:39.

Third period- 5, PSU O’Quinn (Lindquist, Taff), 13:01 (PP). 6, CNT Vocino (Sova, Koivula), 14:46 (PP). Penalties: Lepone, CNT (slashing), 1:35. Langlois, CNT (slashing), 5:17. Kulczycki, CNT (slashing), 9:08. Vocino, CNT (hitting after the whistle), 9:20. Rosen, CNT (hitting after the whistle), 9:20. Drabin, PSU (hitting after the whistle), 9:20. Quilty, PSU (hitting after the whistle), 9:20. Hopfer, CNT (slashing), 12:05. Engvall, PSU (holding), 13:59. Lindquist, PSU (interference), 14:04. Chiasson, PSU (holding), 19:19.

Shots on goal:

Canton 5 7 9 — 21

Plattsburgh State 8 13 15 — 36

Goaltenders (shots-saves): Cerasuolo, CNT, 36-32. Rouleau, PSU, 21-19.

Powerplays (goals-opportunities): Canton: 1-7; Plattsburgh State: 2-10.

Attendance: 2,058.

Email Joey LaFranca:

jlafranca@pressrepublican.com

Twitter: @JoeyLaFranca
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I wonder who voted Plattsburgh #1 in this week's poll. I was at the game Saturday and I don't think they are even close to that good yet. That said, they looked like a young team (they are) learning to play with each other. There was a lot of bumping into each other on the ice and passes not quite connecting. A ton of potential to be really good by March!
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X