Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Though in fact, the final was Cardinals 1 - Knights 0 - but Ducky would agree with me
    Get off my....oh, wait, I'm on your...oh never mind.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

One more game left in the regular season. A little over a month ago, the question was whether we would be on the road or just plain out of the playoffs. Now, we're on one of the hottest streaks in the nation, guaranteed home ice for our first playoff game, and control our own destiny for the first-round bye... sometimes, things really do fall into place when you least expect it.

In December and early January, Coach Emery was talking about all of the Plattsburgh teams we've seen peak early and falter as the season progressed, and how this was going to be the team that peaked in the second half. It came off as pure lip service at the time, but the boys on the ice have backed up Coach's claims so far. Let's keep it rolling, Cardinals!
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Keep winning and get ranked that will help Norwich get the #1 seed in the NCAAs
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Keep winning and get ranked that will help Norwich get the #1 seed in the NCAAs
          I think they've got the #1 seed no matter what, who would pass them? Edicott? Oswego?
          http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            One more game left in the regular season. A little over a month ago, the question was whether we would be on the road or just plain out of the playoffs. Now, we're on one of the hottest streaks in the nation, guaranteed home ice for our first playoff game, and control our own destiny for the first-round bye... sometimes, things really do fall into place when you least expect it.

In December and early January, Coach Emery was talking about all of the Plattsburgh teams we've seen peak early and falter as the season progressed, and how this was going to be the team that peaked in the second half. It came off as pure lip service at the time, but the boys on the ice have backed up Coach's claims so far. Let's keep it rolling, Cardinals!
            In December, our goaltending was in such shambles that it didn't seem to matter what happened in front of them. One hot goaltender, the younger guys clicking together, and fewer penalties later.....

Also, maybe the mass exit around the turn of the semester may have turned out to be addition by subtraction. No matter what happens in the next few weeks, this team had done themselves proud. Two months ago, could you have envisioned beating 2 top ten teams giving up only one goal in the process?
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

we're #2!!!!
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

we're #2!!!!
                Tie-breaker over Genny?
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                  Tie-breaker over Genny?
                  Apparently, if H2H and Conference wins are tied, the next tiebreaker is record against other opponents moving from top of standing down. Geneseo is 0-1-1 against Oswego, Plattsburgh is 1-1-0.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Apparently, if H2H and Conference wins are tied, the next tiebreaker is record against other opponents moving from top of standing down. Geneseo is 0-1-1 against Oswego, Plattsburgh is 1-1-0.
                    I saw the seedings on the SUNYAC web page, but couldn't find any description of the procedures to break ties. If that's the case, then congrats on the bye.
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Thought it was Goals against leader. Can't find the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        Thought it was Goals against leader. Can't find the rules.
                        This is the official SUNYAC page: http://sunyacsports.com/sports/mice/index

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          This is the official SUNYAC page: http://sunyacsports.com/sports/mice/index
                          Yup they've updated with seedings. Guess you're lucky we can't just send Brockport up to visit ya.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                            Yup they've updated with seedings. Guess you're lucky we can't just send Brockport up to visit ya.
                            There is always a thorn for every one. Thank God if they win Wednesday they will be your thorn ! http://sunyacsports.com/sports/mice/..._IceHockey.pdf

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              I wonder when they implemented that new tie-breaker procedure?

It used to be H2H record, followed by most wins, followed by H2H goal differential followed by league goal differential. In this scenario, Geneseo takes second place on the last criteria.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

With all due respect to coach Gosek, it will be a shame if Emery doesn't win Coach of the Year. For where this team was and where they finished. I know he will credit his players, but he made a lot of coaching moves that some people just scratched their heads at.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X