Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Congrats to the Cardinals...they played hard and fast to the end.

Two observations - 1)the students who came down on the bus from Platty were fun, loud, respectful and animated. Did I say loud? They represented their school with distinction and I, for one, was happy they came - it made for a great atmosphere. 2) Coach Emery was gracious to make time for WTOP pregame interview and it was stellar IMO. Honest, thoughtful and insightful. But what he did post game was better - he did his usual walk across the ice to congratulate the Laker coaches, coming over much closer than I remember from past games. Why he did became clear when you could read his lips asking coach Digby "Where's Mary?" Digby point up to the top row behind the bench and there was Mary Gosek who's is fighting cancer for the third time...Bob points to her, blows her a kiss, taps his heart and points again. "Love you", turns and heads off the ice. That's what I call a stand up guy...👍👏
    Thank you for your kind remarks about our students. Also, you are very right, Coach Emery is definitely that.

Comment

Congrats to the Cardinals...they played hard and fast to the end.

Two observations - 1)the students who came down on the bus from Platty were fun, loud, respectful and animated. Did I say loud? They represented their school with distinction and I, for one, was happy they came - it made for a great atmosphere. 2) Coach Emery was gracious to make time for WTOP pregame interview and it was stellar IMO. Honest, thoughtful and insightful. But what he did post game was better - he did his usual walk across the ice to congratulate the Laker coaches, coming over much closer than I remember from past games. Why he did became clear when you could read his lips asking coach Digby "Where's Mary?" Digby point up to the top row behind the bench and there was Mary Gosek who's is fighting cancer for the third time...Bob points to her, blows her a kiss, taps his heart and points again. "Love you", turns and heads off the ice. That's what I call a stand up guy...👍👏
      +1.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
        Great to meet you, Nate. Glad you could make it down to catch some of the Women's game here. Turned-out to be a not-so-bad hockey road trip weekend for you, too! Be sure to let me know if you will be in-town for any future games.

Cheers!!!
        ~TTF (Dave)
        It was great meeting you too, Dave! I don't know what happens with the schedule now that Elmira and Plattsburgh will no longer be conference rivals, but I do hope to make it down to Elmira again in the future!
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Anyone know if there is a video replay or archive of the game someplace? Thx
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzOI...&feature=share

Comment

Just to toss some numbers out there:

On Plattsburgh's current 8 game unbeaten streak 7-0-1

Goals 4.3 per game
              GAA 2.75 per game
              10 for 39 on the PP (26%)
              29 for 37 on the PK (78%)
              5.5 Pen for 11 PIM per game

take out the Morrisville weekened

Goals 3.2 per game
              GAA 1.50 per game
              6 for 27 on the PP (22%)
              2 for 20 on the PK (90%)
              3.8 Pen for 7.7 PIM per game

Foot on the gas!

I am not sure where or what has changed with Brady, but I will take it. The defense still is "a work in progress" and understandable. CAN NOT overlook Potsdam. Some real questions in goal for the Bears, but still has one of the Top 5 offensive talents (IMO) with Vander Esch. Geneseo will still be there come Saturday. The old "one game at a time" really holds true right now.

As of right now, Plattsburgh holds their fate in their hands for the #2 seed. Win out, and beat Geneseo by 2 goals, and they win 2nd place. A 1 goal win over Geneseo would currently not be enough to win the tie breaker, but Plattsburgh now controls their own destiny. Who would have thunk that a few weeks ago.....
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

all I know is that there are 4 legit teams that can take the title come playoff time...should be fun to watch..

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Goals 4.3 per game
                  GAA 2.75 per game
                  29 for 37 on the PK (78

Goals 3.2 per game
                  GAA 1.50 per game
                  6 for 27 on the PP (22%)
                  2 for 20 on the PK (90%)

Foot on the gas!

I am not sure where or what has changed with Brady, but I will take it. The defense still is "a work in progress" and understandable. CAN NOT overlook Potsdam. Some real questions in goal for the Bears, but still has one of the Top 5 offensive talents (IMO) with Vander Esch. Geneseo will still be there come Saturday. The old "one game at a time" really holds true right now.

As of right now, Plattsburgh holds their fate in their hands for the #2 seed. Win out, and beat Geneseo by 2 goals, and they win 2nd place. A 1 goal win over Geneseo would currently not be enough to win the tie breaker, but Plattsburgh now controls their own destiny. Who would have thunk that a few weeks ago.....
                  . Sounds good! I am all in!! GO TEAM GO!!!👍

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Goals 4.3 per game
                    GAA 2.75 per game
                    29 for 37 on the PK (78%)

Goals 3.2 per game
                    GAA 1.50 per game
                    6 for 27 on the PP (22%)
                    2 for 20 on the PK (90%)

Foot on the gas!

Yes I know . Last night's game showed so much team wise. The boys are playing so much better and seem to find each other on the ice now. They play so well together now and show patience with the puck. I really like what I see. I hope the year will finish well for them . Yes indeed. They do control their own destiny . I also think this bunch of freshmen show much ability and will only get better,
                    . Good luck to the team in finishing off the regular season. High hopes!!

Comment

Men’s Hockey Pulls Back into National Poll {Courtesy of Eric Gissendanner, SUNY PLattsburgh Assistant Director of Athletic Communications}

The Plattsburgh State men's ice hockey is back on the national scene, pulling in at No. 15 in this week's D3hockey.com national poll. The Cardinals, who are receiving votes toward the U.S. College Hockey Online (USCHO) Division III national rankings, are in a national poll for the first time since the week of Nov. 28. Norwich University currently tops the national charts.

Plattsburgh State beat State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe SUNY Potsdam, 3-2, in overtime on Friday in the team's lone game of the week. The Cardinals' nine-game unbeaten streak, which includes two wins over nationally-ranked teams, is currently the second best in Division III. Sophomore Cole Stallard (Waleska, Ga./New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs) leads the team in goals (11), while tying for the team lead with junior Ayrton Valente (Woodbridge, Ontario/Mississauga Chargers) in points (18). Valente has a team-high 12 assists and freshman Joe Drabin (Rochester, N.Y./Wenatchee Wild) paces all Cardinal rookies in goals (9) and points (17). Senior goalie Brady Rouleau (Fort Macleod, Alberta/Quinnipiac) has been in net for all nine of these unbeaten games. He currently sits at 10-4-1 with a 2.85 goals-against average and an .892 save percentage.

Head coach Bob Emery enters the weekend with 595 career coaching wins, needing just five victories to become the 12th NCAA men's ice hockey coach across all divisions to reach the 600-win mark. Emery is the second winningest active Division III men's ice hockey head coach and the fifth winningest active head coach across all divisions.

At 14-8-1 overall and 9-4-1 in the league, Plattsburgh State has already clinched a playoff spot with an added possibility of securing a first-round bye if it can lock up the first or second seed. The Cardinals close out the regular season at No. 8 SUNY Geneseo on Friday and at the College of Brockport on Saturday. Plattsburgh State and Geneseo are tied for second, with Geneseo having already beaten Plattsburgh State earlier this season.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Men’s Hockey Pulls Back into National Poll {Courtesy of Eric Gissendanner, SUNY PLattsburgh Assistant Director of Athletic Communications}
                        We at Norwich hope you show up in the NCAA rankings, because that will help our placement in the rankings. Keep up the good work
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Great win by the Cardinals tonight over Geneseo - Cards had'em all the way
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            Great win by the Cardinals tonight over Geneseo - Cards had'em all the way
                            That's why you can never count Plattsburgh out
                            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                              That's why you can never count Plattsburgh out
                              +2
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

+2
                                Though in fact, the final was Cardinals 1 - Knights 0 - but Ducky would agree with me
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X