Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Can't get out of work on Saturday... But I will be in Cortland on Friday (30 mins away). I do have two Oswego tickets available that I bought online a long time ago. Not sure if they can be transferred or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds View Post
      We have been watching it closely but forecast seems to have gotten worse. We were planning on Cortland Friday but not sure if we will attempt Oswego with that forecast. Will wait until tomorrow to cancel reservations. Just hoping for better news😥 Have had tickets since October. There will surely be a lot of disappointment in this house. Audio just doesn't do it for us! Safe travels to all.
      At least Os has great coverage with video. Not Cortland however.

Comment

It has gotten nasty here in the last 3 hrs...wind is steady 20 gusting to 35...forecast has a couple feet on the low end by puck drop....be safe.
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          It has gotten nasty here in the last 3 hrs...wind is steady 20 gusting to 35...forecast has a couple feet on the low end by puck drop....be safe.
          https://weather.com/weather/alerts/l...=KBUF&etn=0004

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Don't they ever postpone games? I can't believe SUNY wants these kids on the roads...
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
              Don't they ever postpone games? I can't believe SUNY wants these kids on the roads...
              No reason to postpone, it snowed like 6-8 in Oz yesterday and is all cleared up. Currently all the snow is staying to the east of us. This is Oz and the lake effect region snow is cleaned up quickly and roads are generally clear.

For fans wanting to come down a suggestion is to go to Albany and cut across that keeps you out of the 81 corridor, sure it takes slightly longer but you won't deal with the snow until you get here, and at that it's super hit and miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                Its not that bad.... Oswego DOT is one of the best in the State. Plus outside of Oswego and the belt, its nothing major. Seeing how its supposed the end by game time, I don't see the big deal. Its Oswego, its winter, it snows. You leave an extra 30-40 minutes early and drive slower for the 15 miles you'll be dealing with the snow....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Got caught up with work obligations, just leaving Plattsburgh now. Obviously not making it to Cortland for game time, but since I paid for the hotel, I might as well use it.

My tentative plan is to catch the first 2 periods of Oswego @ Elmira Women's hockey, and then head up to Oswego. See y'all in Oz!
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

We have been watching it closely but forecast seems to have gotten worse. We were planning on Cortland Friday but not sure if we will attempt Oswego with that forecast. Will wait until tomorrow to cancel reservations. Just hoping for better news😥 Have had tickets since October. There will surely be a lot of disappointment in this house. Audio just doesn't do it for us! Safe travels to all.
                    Well, looks like we are watching the Cards on our computer tonight and TV tomorrow. Rats! Haven't missed a game there Ever!!! Good luck this weekend Cards!! I will be there in spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Got caught up with work obligations, just leaving Plattsburgh now. Obviously not making it to Cortland for game time, but since I paid for the hotel, I might as well use it.

My tentative plan is to catch the first 2 periods of Oswego @ Elmira Women's hockey, and then head up to Oswego. See y'all in Oz!
                      Well, they pulled i out the win tonight! Cortland played tough. Final 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post

If you do make it to the Oswego/Elmira contest, look me up in the Booster Club Lounge pre-game or during intermissions, or at ice-level in the corner near the Lounge during the game. Your choice of beverage is on me in the Lounge during the first intermission. ;-)

Cheers!!!
                        ~TTF
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                          If you do make it to the Oswego/Elmira contest, look me up in the Booster Club Lounge pre-game or during intermissions, or at ice-level in the corner near the Lounge during the game. Your choice of beverage is on me in the Lounge during the first intermission. ;-)

Cheers!!!
                          ~TTF
                          Will do! I'll be the scruffy-looking 20-something dressed conspicuously in red
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Well, they pulled i out the win tonight! Cortland played tough. Final 4-3.
                            Great to see the Cards come away with the win !!!
                            I thought that Cortland played a lot of " clutch and grab" style hockey throughout much of the game. Good job by the Cards to overcome this.
                            One observation: The box score lists the attendance as 426. Kind of an optimistic number IMHO

GO CARDS
                            Wally
                            Cornell (class of a-long-time-ago!!) 1967

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              Will do! I'll be the scruffy-looking 20-something dressed conspicuously in red
                              Great to meet you, Nate. Glad you could make it down to catch some of the Women's game here. Turned-out to be a not-so-bad hockey road trip weekend for you, too! Be sure to let me know if you will be in-town for any future games.

Cheers!!!
                              ~TTF (Dave)
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

Congrats to the Cardinals...they played hard and fast to the end.

Two observations - 1)the students who came down on the bus from Platty were fun, loud, respectful and animated. Did I say loud? They represented their school with distinction and I, for one, was happy they came - it made for a great atmosphere. 2) Coach Emery was gracious to make time for WTOP pregame interview and it was stellar IMO. Honest, thoughtful and insightful. But what he did post game was better - he did his usual walk across the ice to congratulate the Laker coaches, coming over much closer than I remember from past games. Why he did became clear when you could read his lips asking coach Digby "Where's Mary?" Digby point up to the top row behind the bench and there was Mary Gosek who's is fighting cancer for the third time...Bob points to her, blows her a kiss, taps his heart and points again. "Love you", turns and heads off the ice. That's what I call a stand up guy...👍👏
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X