Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I am with ya,I'll be coming from just north of NYC about 5 hr drive,and I dont want to hear the wife the whole trip complaining about the weather . , will have to wait and see,but I am coming no matter what,just bought the new Escalade so if it snows I'll put it thru its paces.
    I'll be in Cortland the night before, so weather doesn't scare me too much in terms of getting TO the game... it's the getting home that couldbe tricky. Want to make it home in time to see my Patriots in the Super Bowl
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      They got good goaltending this weekend, which will always give them a chance. The defense still makes mistakes, but it seems that those were cut down on this weekend too. Less trips to the penalty box. All adds up to a four point weekend. Maybe something clicked after that disaster Saturday night in Morrisville. I have been predicting they'd finish fourth in the conference and that's looking about right.
      Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this Brady has been, but his feet were quick. Had great vision. Rebound control was better.

Having said that, let's see what happens over the next 5. With all due respect to Buffalo State and Fredonia, they're not the offensive talent of Oswego and Geneseo.

The defense is still making too many errors that will be exploited by talented teams. Improvement tho, so that is a positive.

Penalties were better....still dumbfounded on Engvalls boarding call Saturday. ... 2 minutes for being big? Power play is still anemic.

Baby steps I guess....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this Brady has been, but his feet were quick. Had great vision. Rebound control was better.

Having said that, let's see what happens over the next 5. With all due respect to Buffalo State and Fredonia, they're not the offensive talent of Oswego and Geneseo.

The defense is still making too many errors that will be exploited by talented teams. Improvement tho, so that is a positive.

Penalties were better....still dumbfounded on Engvalls boarding call Saturday. ... 2 minutes for being big? Power play is still anemic.

Baby steps I guess....
        I have seen Waterstreet 6'5" 235lbs get a bunch of those type penalties over the past 4 yrs, the refs dont have the skill to lay off those calls,they see BIG player and a BIG hit and the arm goes up
        ;

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Baby steps I guess....
          Agree on absolutely all of this. Brady's best saves this weekend seemed to be giveaways right in front of his net. Power play was even anemic 5 on 3. They don't move to create space for open shots (hence lots of blocked shots).

Finally, I missed what Engvall did wrong too. The hit didn't seem any worse than what happens when a 6'7" person hits someone at least 5 inches shorter.

BTW, Engvall's play has improved greatly over the sesaon too. I look forward to seeing him going forward as well.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            I have seen Waterstreet 6'5" 235lbs get a bunch of those type penalties over the past 4 yrs, the refs dont have the skill to lay off those calls,they see BIG player and a BIG hit and the arm goes up
            ;
            Thing is, they seemed to know what boarding is because they correctly called it on Plattsburgh earlier in the game when a Plattsburgh player left his feet to deliver a hit along the boards. Nothing about the Engvall hit seemed illegal.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              I am with ya,I'll be coming from just north of NYC about 5 hr drive,and I dont want to hear the wife the whole trip complaining about the weather . , will have to wait and see,but I am coming no matter what,just bought the new Escalade so if it snows I'll put it thru its paces.
              5 whole hours, I'm making the 25 hour drive from Colorado for the game with my wife and 7 month old son, if she complains bring this up. I haven't missed a whiteout game since 2009, I moved to Colorado in 2012.

BTW thanks for the tickets 2 years ago.
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                5 whole hours, I'm making the 25 hour drive from Colorado for the game with my wife and 7 month old son, if she complains bring this up. I haven't missed a whiteout game since 2009, I moved to Colorado in 2012.

lunch at Jabber's joint Saturday before the ladies skate....just sayin'
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post

ya got me.....no worries on the tiks....thread hijacket

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    I'll be in Cortland the night before, so weather doesn't scare me too much in terms of getting TO the game... it's the getting home that couldbe tricky. Want to make it home in time to see my Patriots in the Super Bowl
                    I'll be at both Cortland and Oswego as well. However, I only live a half hour from Cortland and 40 minutes from Oswego so I guess I'll be fine! Are we supposed to get a lot of snow Saturday night?

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                      I'll be at both Cortland and Oswego as well. However, I only live a half hour from Cortland and 40 minutes from Oswego so I guess I'll be fine! Are we supposed to get a lot of snow Saturday night?
                      Lake Effect advisories for Jefferson, Lewis and Oswego counties until this cold snap ends. That cold air fueled by high winds over warm Lake Ontario...you know what can happen. Narrow bands of snow one place 1 minute and somewhere else ten minutes later.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                        Well....here you go......http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...1#.WJINrFUrLIV

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Not sure why this was on the street...being brought somewhere for maintenance?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            Not sure why this was on the street...being brought somewhere for maintenance?

Coming to a rink near you !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              WOW I'm still coming and I am bringing Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                WOW I'm still coming and I am bringing Norton
                                We have been watching it closely but forecast seems to have gotten worse. We were planning on Cortland Friday but not sure if we will attempt Oswego with that forecast. Will wait until tomorrow to cancel reservations. Just hoping for better news😥 Have had tickets since October. There will surely be a lot of disappointment in this house. Audio just doesn't do it for us! Safe travels to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X