Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Is this 'mass' exodus and the return of a certain assistant coach connected? That seems to be what a few people are speculating. Is there any truth to that? Who knows. Hopefully the team rebounds next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
      7? I know of 6 so is there another player that has already left? You know of 2 more players wanting to leave are they regulars? Heard that the regular players that left were because they were distractions in the locker room ( I personally find that hard to believe) but who knows.
      It is a shame that someone "in the know" doesn't come clean with some facts instead of the constant rumors and innuendo.
      Great, good, bad or just plain ugly, seems to me that the community deserves to know just what is happening here.

GO CARDS
      Wally
      Cornell '67

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
        It is a shame that someone "in the know" doesn't come clean with some facts instead of the constant rumors and innuendo.
        Great, good, bad or just plain ugly, seems to me that the community deserves to know just what is happening here.

GO CARDS
        Wally
        Cornell '67

Or maybe they really don't know anything but want to start gossip and nonsense...

Comment

Cards are back to .500.....Rebuilding already???....still about 10 games left,and SUNY play coming up...???

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
            Or maybe they really don't know anything but want to start gossip and nonsense...
            The team is just fine now. Perhaps even better. Couldn't agree more. No need for needless speculation. What they do need is all the loyal fan support that we can give them. Great weekend of hockey that showed just what they are capable of. Now let's take on SUNYAC! Best of luck the rest of the way, boys!!!

Comment

Am I alone in thinking about how uneven the officiating was in Friday's game against Morrisville? I am not saying that no penalties shuld have been called against the Cards, but surely the calls should not have been as one-sided as what we witnessed.
              Seems to me that one official in particular showed a real bias against Plattsburgh.
              Just my .02 worth
              GO CARDS

Wally
              CORNELL '67

Comment

OK, so now what? A complete lack of defense (and discipline) over the weekend over one of the worst teams in the league. Goaltending? Yikes. Defense? We need one. Penalty kill? Certainly got enough practice this weekend, to less than stellar results. Even the bench put them in a long 5 on 3 hole with an unsportsmanlike on Friday.

They will almost certainly make the playoffs, but they aren't looking like they'll be any threat when they get there.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  OK, so now what? A complete lack of defense (and discipline) over the weekend over one of the worst teams in the league. Goaltending? Yikes. Defense? We need one. Penalty kill? Certainly got enough practice this weekend, to less than stellar results. Even the bench put them in a long 5 on 3 hole with an unsportsmanlike on Friday.

They will almost certainly make the playoffs, but they aren't looking like they'll be any threat when they get there.
                  I would look at the positives,offense had a nice weekend...and as far as the playoff,ya gotta be in it to win it,so ya never know......also 21 penalties in 2 games,very un-Emerylike,that has to be addressed.
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-22-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    I would look at the positives,offense had a nice weekend...and as far as the playoff,ya gotta be in it to win it,so ya never know......also 21 penalties in 2 games,very un-Emerylike,that has to be addressed.
                    There isn't really much positive to look at. Yes they scored 15 goals against a 2-win team, but they also gave up 13. I was at the game Saturday...atrocious. They blew a 7-2 lead. The PK is not strong enough to absorb the amount of penalties they are taking. I like that Coach sent a message, and kicked Yates off the bench after his terrible slashing penalty. I think he's right; the players need to figure out what they want out of this season.

I think the forwards are OK but defense and goaltending needs to be addressed during the offseason.

Comment

5-0-1 in the last 6.............."The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated...."

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        5-0-1 in the last 6.............."The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated...."
                        Things are starting to jell and the boys are looking good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                          Things are starting to jell and the boys are looking good!!!
                          yes and it will make Whiteout Weekend that more interesting......I think.....I am sure it will be a great game come sat night.

Comment

They got good goaltending this weekend, which will always give them a chance. The defense still makes mistakes, but it seems that those were cut down on this weekend too. Less trips to the penalty box. All adds up to a four point weekend. Maybe something clicked after that disaster Saturday night in Morrisville. I have been predicting they'd finish fourth in the conference and that's looking about right.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              yes and it will make Whiteout Weekend that more interesting......I think.....I am sure it will be a great game come sat night.
                              Not trying to get too excited now but always look forward to the game in Oz! Have our tickets.. Just hope weather cooperates for the trek not like this past weekend. So fans, how is the weather looking ahead??

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                                Not trying to get too excited now but always look forward to the game in Oz! Have our tickets.. Just hope weather cooperates for the trek not like this past weekend. So fans, how is the weather looking ahead??
                                I am with ya,I'll be coming from just north of NYC about 5 hr drive,and I dont want to hear the wife the whole trip complaining about the weather . , will have to wait and see,but I am coming no matter what,just bought the new Escalade so if it snows I'll put it thru its paces.

Comment

Working...
                                X