Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    73.2 Penalty – If, in the opinion of the official, an attacking player initiates contact that physically prevents the goalkeeper from defending the goal, the attacking player may receive a penalty. This penalty may be enforced whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease and whether or not a goal is scored. The referee should give significant consideration to the degree and nature of the contact with the goalkeeper rather than to the exact location of the goalkeeper at the time of the contact.

Even reading this, I'm not sure how an official in Plattsburgh's defensive zone calls goaltender interference on a play that occurred 25 feet outside of the crease on a 50/50 puck. Yes, there was contact, but only in the context that it was a race for a loose puck.
    Good Day....a couple of observations from "away" watching the games on line and with no prior knowledge of the Plattsburgh team.....On the penalty, the referee had no choice but to call the penalty....the Plattsburgh player made 0 effort to avoid the hit, and in fact launched into it.....apart from it being a penalty, its bad sportsmanship & had this been junior hockey someone would have addressed him on the ice...

As far as the team's effort, I tend to agree with the announcer from the on line stream....The Cardinals played a strong game in the first period and executed a nice team strategy....Once they became frustrated - early second period - the individual play started and they were far less effective....Hot goalie or not, a team that looses its "team" discipline will underachieve...

Comment

Originally posted by pman View Post
      Good Day....a couple of observations from "away" watching the games on line and with no prior knowledge of the Plattsburgh team.....On the penalty, the referee had no choice but to call the penalty....the Plattsburgh player made 0 effort to avoid the hit, and in fact launched into it.....apart from it being a penalty, its bad sportsmanship & had this been junior hockey someone would have addressed him on the ice...
      I disagree with your description of the play. He was absolutely making a play for the puck. The contact was from both players reaching the puck at the same time. So you're saying if the goalie decided to skate the puck up the ice, the defending team would have to let me go all the way to the net? If this hadn't been a goaltender and two opposing skaters had met between the face off dots for a 50/50 puck, would contact have been OK then?

As far as the team's effort, I tend to agree with the announcer from the on line stream....The Cardinals played a strong game in the first period and executed a nice team strategy....Once they became frustrated - early second period - the individual play started and they were far less effective....Hot goalie or not, a team that looses its "team" discipline will underachieve...[/QUOTE]

Agree with you here, but you could also see a complete change in body language when the third goal was scored. Up until then, scoring chances were dominated by Plattsburgh.
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Yes, the team dominated play in this game as seen by the shot totals. The Cards had 2 breakaways also but could not solve their goalie. I certainly hope they can take away some positives from this game despite the loss and carry that forward. I liked a lot of what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          This happens quite often there I remember when a bunch left in the middle of a season including 3 who went to Curry and their first game for Curry was back at the Ronny B. I think the only thing amiss is their record.
          Add another....this isn't normal....and doesn't happen "quite often".... not 6 at mid season
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Add another....this isn't normal....and doesn't happen "quite often".... not 6 at mid season
            Much as it pains me to say it, evidently I am not the only one who feels this way.
            Wally
            Cornell '67

Comment

I could see 3 of them because of lack of playing time, but 3 players that were regulars including 2 of the top defensemen. This team better come together or no playoffs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Just for some recent history:

2016-17: 6 leave midseason
                2015-16: No movement
                2014-15: No movement
                2013-14: Spencer Finney arrives, Connor Creech leaves
                2012-13: No Movement
                2011-12: Matt Sollows, Daniel Cobb leave
                2010-11: Brad Devereaux, Chris Wieland, Blair Falotico, Ian DeLong, Mike Kavanagh all leave, Ryan Criag transfers in.
                2009-10: Peter Kaliscik leaves.

8 seasons, over half have movement. Maybe describing it as quite often is an exaggeration and 6 is certainly the largest number we've seen but to act like it's unheard of to see movement during the season is an even bigger exaggeration.

Comment

who left besides the 3 mention a month ago?? where di any of them go??

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Just for some recent history:

2016-17: 6 leave midseason
                    2015-16: No movement
                    2014-15: No movement
                    2013-14: Spencer Finney arrives, Connor Creech leaves
                    2012-13: No Movement
                    2011-12: Matt Sollows, Daniel Cobb leave
                    2010-11: Brad Devereaux, Chris Wieland, Blair Falotico, Ian DeLong, Mike Kavanagh all leave, Ryan Criag transfers in.
                    2009-10: Peter Kaliscik leaves.

8 seasons, over half have movement. Maybe describing it as quite often is an exaggeration and 6 is certainly the largest number we've seen but to act like it's unheard of to see movement during the season is an even bigger exaggeration.
                    No one is saying movement isn't normal. It always has been. I can name you about 2 dozen more. That isn't the issue, it's the amount of movement. Losing 6 by mid-season end is troublesome. Take it from Wally and I who have been around this program a lot longer, this isn't normal and pretty alarming.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      who left besides the 3 mention a month ago?? where di any of them go??
                      Ryan Chiasson, Sean Keating, Félix Périard, Brandon O’Quinn, Chris Taff and Santino Ragone...... haven't looked if any landed new homes...

and also more rumors more on also on the fence of leaving...
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Ryan Chiasson, Sean Keating, Félix Périard, Brandon O’Quinn, Chris Taff and Santino Ragone...... haven't looked if any landed new homes...

If this is true about even more players considering it is troubling. O'Quinn given his leadership role is the most troubling...has what you heard give a reason why? Is there a common thread behind their reasons for leaving?

Is this about Emery or could it be about Moffatt returning or Coppola being gone? How much recruiting did Coppola do when he was here and could he have been the guy who brought these guys who are leaving in? Does anyone know how is the recruiting split between Emery and his assistants?

Comment

now thats alot of players,would think it may have to do with coaches in one way or another,I m sure it will shake out and Platty will find its way back into the mix....if not this yr then next

Comment

Tip of the hat for the heart shown tonight. At the start of third I never thought you'd have me sweating it out.
                            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                                Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.
                                does Platty have a fairly competent 3rd netminder?? could have gone that way as well

Comment

Working...
                                X