Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

You got to give the Cards credit for making a big push in the 3rd. After Norwich scored all the goals in the 2nd I though the Cards would pack it in for the night. A lot of rushes by the Cards that often left Norwich with a favorable advantage in there offensive zone. But always fun to come to Stafford however the Cards fans were very rough on the refs. I like all the teams in Central Vermont and Northern NY so I wish the Cards luck in turning the season around.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    No. High school walk on
    If they keep losing it wouldn't be bad to let the walk on show what he's got. It's not looking like Davies is the answer and having the hometown kid in net will give the non-student fans something extra to stay engaged in.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    If they keep losing it wouldn't be bad to let the walk on show what he's got. It's not looking like Davies is the answer and having the hometown kid in net will give the non-student fans something extra to stay engaged in.
    Goaltending is not the issue. While they're not game changers (Hince, Finney, Chewy) that can steal gameS (plural)...the defense is one of the worst I've seen in years. You can not get beat on the boards, miss assignments, youth hockey turn overs ect ect and expect to win games. Offensively the team is right about where I thought they would be, but defensively. ....YIKES. Would it hurt, no. But I have a feeling he hasn't played for a reason.

Oswego State Great Laker

It's always darkest before the dawn
    Last edited by OZFEST; 01-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac1103 View Post
    Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.
    Don't believe everything you hear. It is easy to play the blame game when one has no facts. Cards will be fine.

Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.
    He never does that!

Quote Originally Posted by Birds View Post
    He never does that!
    I never said he did that I said IF that was the case, and as for the possibility of an argument it does seem plausible because he left a goalie who clearly didn't have it that night in. McShane switched his goalies with only 12 minutes left and everyone saw a difference in the Norwich team after their poor start to the 3rd. Why Emery felt the need to leave Davies in I just don't understand, Rouleau has played back to back games before so it is not because of him starting Saturday. Hopefully he has everyone out recruiting because with rumors of other players leaving we maybe be looking at some more years like this one in the future.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

The status of the team...and I hope I say this and I'm wrong but....

Oswego gets a D1 transfer this semester. Yet Plattsburgh, which has one of the worst defenses in the league, lost key starters, and can't stop a beach ball goaltenders....can't get 1....

Kind of says a lot right there....

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    The status of the team...and I hope I say this and I'm wrong but....

Oswego gets a D1 transfer this semester. Yet Plattsburgh, which has one of the worst defenses in the league, lost key starters, and can't stop a beach ball goaltenders....can't get 1....

Kind of says a lot right there....
    Looks like Geneseo got one too:

#3 Mitch Ferguson JR D 6-0 170 L Calgary, Alberta / Salmon Arm (BCHL) Previous College: Vermont (2015-16)

Quote Originally Posted by gknight View Post
    Looks like Geneseo got one too:

#3 Mitch Ferguson JR D 6-0 170 L Calgary, Alberta / Salmon Arm (BCHL) Previous College: Vermont (2015-16)
    looks like a nice pick up,he did get cut from the team with another dman,I am sure he will be a nice edition to a already strong Genny team.....As a outsider looking in perhaps the players are not getting the idea of what is expected from them before the arrive on campus/lockeroom?????

It's simple. The hockey community is small. We all know each other through someone. We all talk. When high quality guys leave like the ones we lost, people take notice. Not going to get a high end player to come when 7 left and know of 2 more on the verge.
    Ask any player what the problem is and they will tell him.
    The problem is no one asks. Every guy that left had offers within hours and no attempt from anyone on campus to save them

Quote Originally Posted by Puckshooter93 View Post
    It's simple. The hockey community is small. We all know each other through someone. We all talk. When high quality guys leave like the ones we lost, people take notice. Not going to get a high end player to come when 7 left and know of 2 more on the verge.
    Ask any player what the problem is and they will tell him.
    The problem is no one asks. Every guy that left had offers within hours and no attempt from anyone on campus to save them
    7? I know of 6 so is there another player that has already left? You know of 2 more players wanting to leave are they regulars? Heard that the regular players that left were because they were distractions in the locker room ( I personally find that hard to believe) but who knows.

Is this 'mass' exodus and the return of a certain assistant coach connected? That seems to be what a few people are speculating. Is there any truth to that? Who knows. Hopefully the team rebounds next season.

7? I know of 6 so is there another player that has already left? You know of 2 more players wanting to leave are they regulars? Heard that the regular players that left were because they were distractions in the locker room ( I personally find that hard to believe) but who knows.
    It is a shame that someone "in the know" doesn't come clean with some facts instead of the constant rumors and innuendo.
    Great, good, bad or just plain ugly, seems to me that the community deserves to know just what is happening here.

GO CARDS
    Wally
    Cornell '67

Go Cards!

Quote Originally Posted by wallhd View Post
    It is a shame that someone "in the know" doesn't come clean with some facts instead of the constant rumors and innuendo.
    Great, good, bad or just plain ugly, seems to me that the community deserves to know just what is happening here.

GO CARDS
    Wally
    Cornell '67

Or maybe they really don't know anything but want to start gossip and nonsense...

Cards are back to .500.....Rebuilding already???....still about 10 games left,and SUNY play coming up...???

Quote Originally Posted by sticksnstones View Post
    Or maybe they really don't know anything but want to start gossip and nonsense...
    The team is just fine now. Perhaps even better. Couldn't agree more. No need for needless speculation. What they do need is all the loyal fan support that we can give them. Great weekend of hockey that showed just what they are capable of. Now let's take on SUNYAC! Best of luck the rest of the way, boys!!!

Am I alone in thinking about how uneven the officiating was in Friday's game against Morrisville? I am not saying that no penalties shuld have been called against the Cards, but surely the calls should not have been as one-sided as what we witnessed.
    Seems to me that one official in particular showed a real bias against Plattsburgh.
    Just my .02 worth
    GO CARDS

Wally
    CORNELL '67

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

OK, so now what? A complete lack of defense (and discipline) over the weekend over one of the worst teams in the league. Goaltending? Yikes. Defense? We need one. Penalty kill? Certainly got enough practice this weekend, to less than stellar results. Even the bench put them in a long 5 on 3 hole with an unsportsmanlike on Friday.

They will almost certainly make the playoffs, but they aren't looking like they'll be any threat when they get there.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    OK, so now what? A complete lack of defense (and discipline) over the weekend over one of the worst teams in the league. Goaltending? Yikes. Defense? We need one. Penalty kill? Certainly got enough practice this weekend, to less than stellar results. Even the bench put them in a long 5 on 3 hole with an unsportsmanlike on Friday.

They will almost certainly make the playoffs, but they aren't looking like they'll be any threat when they get there.
    I would look at the positives,offense had a nice weekend...and as far as the playoff,ya gotta be in it to win it,so ya never know......also 21 penalties in 2 games,very un-Emerylike,that has to be addressed.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-22-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Thread Information