X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    It's normally posted on social media before
    I follow both the team's page and Bob Emery's page and neither has posted anything for tonight's game. Seems pretty far in advance for that information to be public.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      I follow both the team's page and Bob Emery's page and neither has posted anything for tonight's game. Seems pretty far in advance for that information to be public.
      Expand your horizons Steve lol jk Check with Deloria. He normally gets them quick too. A lot of times we actually see the paper with names, numbers, stats ect used by media *wink wink* it normally doesn't come directly from Bob (post wise)
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Posted Three hours ago. If you're on Facebook, there's often some great old Cardinal history posted here. (Hence the name)

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...eloria%20posts

Comment

It's posted on Cardinal Hockey History on Facebook by Deloria. He's done it for a couple seasons, and given how many current players are in that group there's no way Emery is unaware of it, yet he continues to give Deloria the information.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Gritty effort by the undermanned Cards, who were a premature whistle by the Officials from tying the game last night. Clearly the Cards biggest issue going forward is goaltending, followed closely by staying out of the penalty box.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Gritty effort by the undermanned Cards, who were a premature whistle by the Officials from tying the game last night. Clearly the Cards biggest issue going forward is goaltending, followed closely by staying out of the penalty box.
              It starts ahead of them first. You can NOT leave guys wide open like they do. Unacceptable. Wether its Brady or Josh the defense can NOT miss assignments and leave guys wide open in front of the net.

I said from Day 1 this new "emphasis" horse crap will hurt Plattsburgh in both directions. They are not a skilled Geneseo, Oswego, ect team. They don't have the snipers. They need 5 on 5 hockey, cycle the puck, wear teams down, and score some team goals. Our power play is back to beyond predictable, it has zero flow compared to Geneseos. Our penalty kill is no where near what it needs to be with missed assignment after miss assignment (of which I think ALOT is due more to the age of the players).

They show signs of a competitive team and whk knows come February and March. I am sure Bob is looking for a goalie transfer and a couple defensemen, but more than anything you have to cover your assignments. Game after game opponents are left wide open in prime scoring zones. Unacceptable at this level and expect ANYONE to save it.

Has to be a rebound game tonight for sure.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Steve
                Penn State Class of '95

Comment

It starts ahead of them first. You can NOT leave guys wide open like they do. Unacceptable. Wether its Brady or Josh the defense can NOT miss assignments and leave guys wide open in front of the net.

I said from Day 1 this new "emphasis" horse crap will hurt Plattsburgh in both directions. They are not a skilled Geneseo, Oswego, ect team. They don't have the snipers. They need 5 on 5 hockey, cycle the puck, wear teams down, and score some team goals. Our power play is back to beyond predictable, it has zero flow compared to Geneseos. Our penalty kill is no where near what it needs to be with missed assignment after miss assignment (of which I think ALOT is due more to the age of the players).

They show signs of a competitive team and whk knows come February and March. I am sure Bob is looking for a goalie transfer and a couple defensemen, but more than anything you have to cover your assignments. Game after game opponents are left wide open in prime scoring zones. Unacceptable at this level and expect ANYONE to save it.

Has to be a rebound game tonight for sure.
                  Interesting to see what happens over the break,down to 24 players and a toss up btwn the pipes.Still time to right the ship.

Comment

Well, at the halfway point of the season, we're .500 overall and under that in conference. We enter the Christmas break in 7th place in the SUNYAC and face the reality that there would be no playoff hockey whatsoever if that didn't change between now and February. In the 2nd semester, this team will be fighting for playoff position while playing 6 of their 9 remaining conference games on the road.

Things look bleak, but there is talent on this team. When these Freshmen become upperclassmen, this team should be fine.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Well, at the halfway point of the season, we're .500 overall and under that in conference. We enter the Christmas break in 7th place in the SUNYAC and face the reality that there would be no playoff hockey whatsoever if that didn't change between now and February. In the 2nd semester, this team will be fighting for playoff position while playing 6 of their 9 remaining conference games on the road.

Things look bleak, but there is talent on this team. When these Freshmen become upperclassmen, this team should be fine.
                      Actually 15 regular season games left...Still plenty of time to turn it around.....SUNYAC is tough from top to bottom...ask Oswego who lost to Buff State tonight 5-1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        Actually 15 regular season games left...Still plenty of time to turn it around.....SUNYAC is tough from top to bottom...ask Oswego who lost to Buff State tonight 5-1
                        I was referring only to SUNYAC games, as those are the ones that matter in the context of SUNYAC seeding. There is 0 chance at this point of an At-Large bid (unless the run the table in the 2nd semester and lose to an unranked team in the SUNYAC Finals), so getting into the SUNYAC playoffs with the best seed possible is the objective from here on out, and the Non-Conference games can effectively be viewed as glorified practices.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          I was referring only to SUNYAC games, as those are the ones that matter in the context of SUNYAC seeding. There is 0 chance at this point of an At-Large bid (unless the run the table in the 2nd semester and lose to an unranked team in the SUNYAC Finals), so getting into the SUNYAC playoffs with the best seed possible is the objective from here on out, and the Non-Conference games can effectively be viewed as glorified practices.
                          Seeing how I see at least 3 better SUNYAC teams, there is no at large bid. It's SUNYAC or bust. But forget the NCAA Tournament, as they need to focus on just making the SUNYAC Tournament.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Seeing how I see at least 3 better SUNYAC teams, there is no at large bid. It's SUNYAC or bust. But forget the NCAA Tournament, as they need to focus on just making the SUNYAC Tournament.
                            Plattsburgh has only played 7 SUNYAC games.....9 to go...some have already played 9 or 10...all I am saying is do not write them off yet....not too many years ago they had to win two out of three playoff games on the road (only hosted first round game) to win SUNYAC. It can be done.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Random year end questions and thoughts

Any rumors on incoming players for the second semester?

Not a fan of the new 4:00 game time with the western SUNY teams. I know it's a long bus ride home, but it's only 2 times a year. Afternoon crowd for the Brockport game was the smallest I've seen in years. I would think the players would also rather have a full house. Hope this doesn't last.

Missing Mad Dog behind the mike at the games. He brings an appreciated level of enthusiasm/talent. Nothing personal against Bob P. but I hope Mad Dog returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
                                Random year end questions and thoughts

Any rumors on incoming players for the second semester?

Not a fan of the new 4:00 game time with the western SUNY teams. I know it's a long bus ride home, but it's only 2 times a year. Afternoon crowd for the Brockport game was the smallest I've seen in years. I would think the players would also rather have a full house. Hope this doesn't last.

Missing Mad Dog behind the mike at the games. He brings an appreciated level of enthusiasm/talent. Nothing personal against Bob P. but I hope Mad Dog returns.
                                Doubt you'll see it change. That's a very long trip home and certainly benefits the student athletes and team personnel. Not only are you getting back late at night, it's a lot of waiting around in the hotel the next day.

The NEHC has been playing 4pm on Saturdays for years. Although I agree it certainly hurts from a fan attendance prospective, it does have its benefits. As a team personnel member, I go back and forth every year on which I prefer. I like seeing bigger crowds for sure as the fan inside of me and I also like a little bit longer of a break before I have to be back to the work the next day after a Friday night game. However, being done with work on a Saturday at 7/7:30 is also nice too sometimes.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X