Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    does Platty have a fairly competent 3rd netminder?? could have gone that way as well
    No. High school walk on
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Why they ever let Keats go is just beyond belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckshooter93 View Post
        Why they ever let Keats go is just beyond belief.
        He left....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

You got to give the Cards credit for making a big push in the 3rd. After Norwich scored all the goals in the 2nd I though the Cards would pack it in for the night. A lot of rushes by the Cards that often left Norwich with a favorable advantage in there offensive zone. But always fun to come to Stafford however the Cards fans were very rough on the refs. I like all the teams in Central Vermont and Northern NY so I wish the Cards luck in turning the season around.
          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            No. High school walk on
            If they keep losing it wouldn't be bad to let the walk on show what he's got. It's not looking like Davies is the answer and having the hometown kid in net will give the non-student fans something extra to stay engaged in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              If they keep losing it wouldn't be bad to let the walk on show what he's got. It's not looking like Davies is the answer and having the hometown kid in net will give the non-student fans something extra to stay engaged in.
              Goaltending is not the issue. While they're not game changers (Hince, Finney, Chewy) that can steal gameS (plural)...the defense is one of the worst I've seen in years. You can not get beat on the boards, miss assignments, youth hockey turn overs ect ect and expect to win games. Offensively the team is right about where I thought they would be, but defensively. ....YIKES. Would it hurt, no. But I have a feeling he hasn't played for a reason.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

It's always darkest before the dawn
                Last edited by OZFEST; 01-07-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                  Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.
                  Don't believe everything you hear. It is easy to play the blame game when one has no facts. Cards will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                    Word has it, by some of the Quebec kids that were there, that Rouleau and Emery got nose to nose in a heated argument. Which makes sense why we didn't see him pull Davies in the 2nd. Something has to give, if that was the case Emery put himself above the good of the team. Who knows what may have happened if he would have made that switch, that most coach's would have made.
                    He never does that!

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                      He never does that!
                      I never said he did that I said IF that was the case, and as for the possibility of an argument it does seem plausible because he left a goalie who clearly didn't have it that night in. McShane switched his goalies with only 12 minutes left and everyone saw a difference in the Norwich team after their poor start to the 3rd. Why Emery felt the need to leave Davies in I just don't understand, Rouleau has played back to back games before so it is not because of him starting Saturday. Hopefully he has everyone out recruiting because with rumors of other players leaving we maybe be looking at some more years like this one in the future.

Comment

The status of the team...and I hope I say this and I'm wrong but....

Oswego gets a D1 transfer this semester. Yet Plattsburgh, which has one of the worst defenses in the league, lost key starters, and can't stop a beach ball goaltenders....can't get 1....

Kind of says a lot right there....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          The status of the team...and I hope I say this and I'm wrong but....

Oswego gets a D1 transfer this semester. Yet Plattsburgh, which has one of the worst defenses in the league, lost key starters, and can't stop a beach ball goaltenders....can't get 1....

Kind of says a lot right there....
                          Looks like Geneseo got one too:

#3 Mitch Ferguson JR D 6-0 170 L Calgary, Alberta / Salmon Arm (BCHL) Previous College: Vermont (2015-16)

Comment

Originally posted by gknight View Post
                            Looks like Geneseo got one too:

#3 Mitch Ferguson JR D 6-0 170 L Calgary, Alberta / Salmon Arm (BCHL) Previous College: Vermont (2015-16)
                            looks like a nice pick up,he did get cut from the team with another dman,I am sure he will be a nice edition to a already strong Genny team.....As a outsider looking in perhaps the players are not getting the idea of what is expected from them before the arrive on campus/lockeroom?????

Comment

• It's simple. The hockey community is small. We all know each other through someone. We all talk. When high quality guys leave like the ones we lost, people take notice. Not going to get a high end player to come when 7 left and know of 2 more on the verge.
                              Ask any player what the problem is and they will tell him.
                              The problem is no one asks. Every guy that left had offers within hours and no attempt from anyone on campus to save them

Comment

Originally posted by Puckshooter93 View Post
                                It's simple. The hockey community is small. We all know each other through someone. We all talk. When high quality guys leave like the ones we lost, people take notice. Not going to get a high end player to come when 7 left and know of 2 more on the verge.
                                Ask any player what the problem is and they will tell him.
                                The problem is no one asks. Every guy that left had offers within hours and no attempt from anyone on campus to save them
                                7? I know of 6 so is there another player that has already left? You know of 2 more players wanting to leave are they regulars? Heard that the regular players that left were because they were distractions in the locker room ( I personally find that hard to believe) but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X