X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Loss and a Tie is not what i expected from this weekend. Move on to Uconn
    While not world beaters, Robert Morris isn't bad. We were 1 and 1 against them last year. They completely shut us out last year in the 2nd game, and rumor has it we could score last year.

I still hate you guys but don't feel so bad.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Loss and a Tie is not what i expected from this weekend. Move on to Uconn
      but it is what I expect when OSU plays Robert Morris considering the history of this series..

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        but it is what I expect when OSU plays Robert Morris considering the history of this series..
        Especially in Columbus where they have won 4 times now.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          While not world beaters, Robert Morris isn't bad. We were 1 and 1 against them last year. They completely shut us out last year in the 2nd game, and rumor has it we could score last year.

I still hate you guys but don't feel so bad.
          Yea i guess i shoudnt feel to bad about this weekend but it makes the series against Connecticut interesting to see how they bounce back from a little adversity. I would say you guys could put the puck in the net last year yes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            That is a reasonable expectation if you're looking for Ohio State to be the same old .500, non-NCAA Tournament team that we have seen in recent seasons. I thought everyone's expectations for this group were higher this season. I know mine are based on all the talent we have coming back.

Comment

My takeaway from the weekend (especially from the Saturday game) is that we got completely killed in the physical play. RMU wasn't afraid to make the hits in the corners and use their bodies to get advantage over the puck. We just couldn't keep up on a physical level. Our physical play was timid like they were afraid of taking penalties. The Saturday game wasn't being called anywhere remotely like our last couple of games. Not sure if their conference refs have gotten the NCAA memo on increased calls or not.

Three other keys that seemed to cause a some issues: 1- Slow changes. There isn't any reason to be coasting to the bench from the far side when your replacement is dangling his legs over the boards waiting on you. 2- Puck sloppiness. Not facing the play to look for the pass and not being able to settle the pass down and move it forward. At least 2 goals due to turnovers deep in our zone through sloppy play. 3- Just overall bad positioning. No man up front on in the offensive zone, and multiple 2v1 rushes, even on the PP. Tommy and Davis can make the save but not if they keep getting left out to dry by the D.

UConn is going to be a big test. We really haven't play anyone of any real caliber yet except for Denver (and it wasn't their weekend to say the least).

The boys have the skill and talent. They just need to tighten up on the same year after year issues (defense, no presence in front of other teams net, etc).

Comment

Well we looked rough the first period and Frey was obviously rusty with some of those shots that got by him but shouldn't have but everyone rallied and played the way we're capable of and got the 7-4 win!
                Nice job for David Gust with the hat trick!

Comment

We are still having issues with puck management and taking way too many penalties, but I will take the 7-4 win. It beats the alternative. Hopefully we can take care of business tomorrow and complete the sweep.

Comment

Not pretty but a win.

Congratulations to Nick Schilkey on reaching the 100 point plateau for his time at OSU. Three points last night to give him 102, on 51 goals and 51 assists.

And congratulations to David Gust for impressing his girlfriend with a hat trick. Saw on social media yesterday afternoon that he was happy because she was in town for the weekend. If getting a hat trick for her doesn't get him past first base nothing will.

I too thought Frey looked a little rusty at the start, but he also wasn't getting a lot of help. That all changed by the third period. Suspect we will see Tomkins tonight.

Comment

I thought the first period was pretty good other than the PP which they just cant seem to make more than 1 good pass to set up a shot. In the 2nd Connecticut came out and put a hammer down on both ends but give the guys credit after that 4th Uconn goal they decided that was enough and responded with 3 goals in 1:34 and took the game over. Frey yea he was rusty but didnt allow the back breaking goal and made a great stop on that breakaway after the 6th goal. Nice to get back in the win column against a pretty good team.

Comment

I'm thinking that now Frey firmed up later in last nights game he'll be back in net today but we shall see.

Comment

Ohio State completes the sweep with 4-0 and 3-2 victories over RPI. I don't have the box scores in front of me, but this is what a ranked team is supposed to do vs an unranked team - win both games, no excuses.

Comment

I thought we should have been much more dominate than we were.
                            We have a week off to get it together. If we don't get tougher in every aspect of our game Minnesota will smoke us on the big ice.
                            I'd like to know is why the coach is still playing with the roster lineups? Still doesn't seem set yet on if a handful of players will be starters or not.

Comment

This week end was the first time I saw your team play. You have a very impressive forecheck, and some serious scoring skills, I was very impressed. It was fun to watch.
                              Congrats on the week end sweep.
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                                This week end was the first time I saw your team play. You have a very impressive forecheck, and some serious scoring skills, I was very impressed. It was fun to watch.
                                Congrats on the week end sweep.
                                Thank you for the kind words on our team. Some of us feel like it's still a work in progress and we can still get better, but with the personnel we are putting on the ice this season, the potential is there to have a special season. Our guys have shown in recent seasons that they can compete with and beat the best teams in the country. I am not going to lie, it was nice to see us get a sweep after going 1-1-2 the last couple weekends vs teams we should have been 4-0 against.

Comment

Working...
                                X