The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

I'm all for a hockey-only arena. I'm just saying I don't think our facilities had anything to do with Strobel going back to Wisconsin.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

My concern is more immediate than getting new facilities, with two coaches bailing in the off season are we going to lose any recruits because of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
        I'm all for a hockey-only arena. I'm just saying I don't think our facilities had anything to do with Strobel going back to Wisconsin.
        you are correct facilities had nothing to do with him leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
          No. It's not likely facilities mattered a bit.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            My concern is more immediate than getting new facilities, with two coaches bailing in the off season are we going to lose any recruits because of it?
            With our head coach staying put and with so many key positions to fill I'd be surprised if we did. We can offer quite a lot of playing time to an incoming freshman this year.
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Strobel played at Wisconsin and jumped at the chance to return home. Exter is good friends with Danton Cole and went to MSU partly because of that and partly because he wants to continue moving upward. He's been at OSU for four years - time to go learn from someone else. I wish the timing was better than losing both of them in the same offseason. Don't worry about this year's recruits leaving since most of them are enrolled in classes and would now have to sit out a year if they transfer.

Let's look at the bright side - I think JB Bittner will be as good a recruiter for hockey as Luke Fickell was for football, and I don't think JB will jump ship for another school. And if he gets the team to play with the same intensity that he did I will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                I think JB Bittner will be as good a recruiter for hockey as Luke Fickell was for football, and I don't think JB will jump ship for another school. And if he gets the team to play with the same intensity that he did I will be very happy.
                JB is probably the only person I can think of that considers Ohio State his dream coaching job. I would not be surprised if he aspires to be head coach someday. Nothing like an alumni to bring a true passion to coaching at their Alma Matter.

Comment

new associate head coach is Steve Miller from Air Force.....

from the "Official Site"

Most recently, Miller served as the director of hockey at Air Force the last two seasons. In 2017 the squad won the Atlantic Hockey Championship and advanced to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals, falling to Harvard, 3-2.

A winner of the prestigious AHCA Terry Flanagan Award, Miller helped coach Providence to its first NCAA title and was on staff for two NCAA titles with Denver. During his 19 and a half years with the Pioneers, Miller worked with all aspects of the team, with a focus on the defense. He recruited two defensemen who went on to win the Hobey Baker Memorial Award – Matt Carle in 2006 and Will Butcher in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    new associate head coach is Steve Miller from Air Force.....

from the "Official Site"
                    Pretty good hire from what I am reading.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Pretty good hire from what I am reading.
                      excellent hire great get for the program

Comment

I'd say OSU had a net gain with Strobel leaving and Miller coming. Miller was one of my top choices for the UW opening.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I'd say OSU had a net gain with Strobel leaving and Miller coming. Miller was one of my top choices for the UW opening.
                          I hope you're correct, and I tend to think you are. Strobel, even with all his time spent away from the game, made a good contribution last year so you're not getting a lightweight. Good luck to you (except in 4+ games or more).

Comment

ice is down in the Schott.

Comment

Who here of season ticket holders received their tickets yet?
                              I was told they went out last week and I haven't received mine and I only live 2 miles from the University!

Comment

Just checking on former Maine goaltender Sean Romeo, see that he is the only veteran goalie on the team with 2 incoming recruits for Ohio State....hoping that Sean Romeo does well, he was never given the chance to prove if he could be the goalie that Maine has looked for over the past years...myself I thought he should have been given a chance, but then the Staff we have @ Maine leaves you to wonder....Maine does have a different Goaltending Coach and I think that would have favored Romeo...but I "HOPE" he does well for your Team and will follow his progress through out the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X